Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-13-2011, 01:32 AM
Not the fruit.
Kiwi27 will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb Another Graal 3D Thread

Hey all,

Graal 3D is a topic brought up a lot right now, and one with jumps out to me: Perspective.

3D is, well, 3D. It has different angles (at least the type of 3D Graal Images people have been making are). It seems to me it would have to be sort of Minecraft style, or maybe the style of one of the Sims games where you actually walk around for it to work.

Wouldn't it be sort of hard to script a system such as that?

(I really don't know how to explain this)

For that reason, wouldn't it be easier to make a different game? Not a server. A completely different online multiplayer game still owned by GraalOnline, just not on it's usual Client.

With usage of a program like Blender or Unity, a awesome 3D game could be made. And then when 3D computers come around... It would be awesome.

So, erm, I hope you understood what I meant above XD.

Just a thought...
Old 08-13-2011, 01:48 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Graal 3D was an old project that's no longer around. All other current threads about it is either troll threads or a remnants from the past.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 08-13-2011, 01:48 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
graal 3d should have been graal in its current perspective but in 3d

the gameplay could have been made as close to the 2d as possible to make it a viable "step up" from the normal graal and minor features like diving in the water and jumping could have added a lot of depth.

but yeah, like ziro said, thing of the past.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:52 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
thing of the past.
Let's create a Link to the Past, then!
Old 08-13-2011, 01:58 AM
Not the fruit.
Kiwi27 will become famous soon enough
Meh. Doesn't matter - this thread has been posted. So, let us hop into our time machine, and go back in time.

Now whatdya think? xd

Old 08-13-2011, 02:11 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
As much as I'd like to have seen a 3D Graal the Adventure, I get the feeling this was always doomed simply because Graal is a player made game, and that development credentials for this may possibly be far too elite for a team of volunteers to be viable.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:15 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
As much as I'd like to have seen a 3D Graal the Adventure, I get the feeling this was always doomed simply because Graal is a player made game, and that development credentials for this may possibly be far too elite for a team of volunteers to be viable.
a 3D level editor would have been golden, something that would have worked like our current one but 3D...the possibilities x.x. it wouldn't have to be complicated either. pre-defined objects, treate things like tiles, etc.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:32 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=203

If you haven't played Spiral Knights, it's designed like... exactly like Graal should have been designed.

Funny thing is, the graphics are in 3D, but the game is designed in a tile-based manner(and movement is even coded as such). I imagine they probably have a swift level editor to handle that too... would love to play with it!
Old 08-13-2011, 03:59 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi27 View Post
Meh. Doesn't matter - this thread has been posted. So, let us hop into our time machine, and go back in time.

Now whatdya think? xd
No one wants to go back to the crap known as Graal 3D. There was nothing positive about it at all. I'm not sure why some people have started glorifying it as of late.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 08-13-2011, 04:36 AM
zenkou
haro41 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to haro41
they are referring to the idea of a 3d classic graal. first person view wouldn't work. But the same perspective as classic graal, with 3 dimensional graphics.

Spiral Knights is a good example of what graal 3d could be. Also Fat Princess had a good design and gameplay. They even had interchangeable hats! That's graal all the way

Zenkou for life
Old 08-13-2011, 11:16 AM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
No one wants to go back to the crap known as Graal 3D. There was nothing positive about it at all. I'm not sure why some people have started glorifying it as of late.
Uhh just because the server itself was as bad as maloria, doesn't make 3d bad.

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:39 AM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
The thing about 3D was that Stefan didn't know what he wanted with it. Or at least... That was the impression I always got. The community members he hired started firing ideas around, but I don't think we ever thought of a clear direction.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:21 PM
(⌒▽⌒)
joel34 is on a distinguished road
I actually remember throwing snow at snowmans.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:27 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
Uhh just because the server itself was as bad as maloria, doesn't make 3d bad.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:14 PM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
well Stefan said this before
he said Graal 3d was never offical it was just a learning exp that he wanted to do
with a 2d and 3d on the same platform

so pretty much its not coming back

i think the best thing he should do is add a function
and make 3d objects work on graal like buildings show angles. but main concern is he would have to script a camera view so u can roatate the cam.
when the camera roatation idea that should be enable due it will make graal servers more interesting if they can change cam view
to another view