Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 12:42 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Final Call?

Stefan, I'm a bit interested in what you think your final call for Graal will be when(or if... maybe, though we all know it will eventually happen) Graal dies? Will you take it with you and let it disappear forever? Will you rig the client one last time and release the gserver/NPC server so players can host their own private servers? Would you turn it into an offline game development platform(like Game Maker and such). Open-source it?

edit: oops, I honestly meant to post this in the main forums, could someone move it please as I doubt Stefan will read this here?
Old 11-05-2009, 01:07 AM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Open-source it?
I think the torque parts will make this impossible to open source an up to date version.

Quote:
Stefan, I'm a bit interested in what you think your final call for Graal will be when(or if... maybe, though we all know it will eventually happen) Graal dies?
Sadly the focus seems to be on iphone apps as graal probaply throws off no money.. Economics, people have to pay for food. That graal could be running and promitable is probaply another topic.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:08 AM
Graalian Stallion
Deophite18 is just really niceDeophite18 is just really nice
Quote:
Will you rig the client one last time and release the gserver/NPC server server so players can host their own private servers?
Even if Stefan wanted this we all know Unixmad would never allow it.
Zting Ğarkmåne (Game Coordinator) (9/23/2004 10:06:44 PM):
Mass message:
Deophite won the Team MES and a big ol' sack of tickets. For people who
think Deo's pretty much good at everything, we discovered his archilles heel.
He sucks at tic tac toe. Go forth, exploit his weakness. Bring him to his knees.
-Sting
Old 11-05-2009, 01:12 AM
Everytime I see ya...
Old_Days is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklux View Post
I think the torque parts will make this impossible to open source an up to date version.

Sadly the focus seems to be on iphone apps as graal probaply throws off no money.. Economics, people have to pay for food. That graal could be running and promitable is probaply another topic.
Well first off, ive went to anarchy online because,

1) Its a 3d game, everyone who is staff is professional.
2) Its free.
3) It actually has players.

Sorry but if I was a person who has never seen graal before, well; im going to choose that game because basically right now Graal isnt free, many players arent professional, and what would I rather play 2d or 3d? lol that should be obvious
Old 11-05-2009, 01:16 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Days View Post
and what would I rather play 2d or 3d? lol that should be obvious
I'd go out on a line and call you retarded for that. 3D isn't better then 2D, it's just newer. Some of the best games are still 2D games, and the 2D games released nowadays look nothing but amazing usually.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 11-05-2009, 01:27 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I doubt he would open-source the client or server since they're being used for the iPhone games.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:27 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deophite18 View Post
Even if Stefan wanted this we all know Unixmad would never allow it.
Well I'm aware of the problem that even if Graal dies Stefan will probably use the engine for iPhone apps and such, which would probably make it impossible to release the gserver... but I'm thinking if it all ended. Graal, the iphone stuff, Eurocenter.

Also, 3D is not better than 2D, and 2D is not better than 3D. You can't compare the two because they off completely different experiences.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:32 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
F2P + in game shops!

also $$$ for server rentals (dev packages anyone?)
e: i know this wouldn't technically be "dead", but it's worth a shot
Old 11-05-2009, 02:25 AM
Banned
Devil has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Devil Send a message via MSN to Devil
Great, another speculation thread.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil View Post
Great, another speculation thread.
Really? Where is the speculation? Last I remember, asking someone isn't speculating.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:31 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Really? Where is the speculation? Last I remember, asking someone isn't speculating.
Unless Stefan replies to the thread it is all speculation, isn't it? Just chatter between various people on what they think will happen (like what is happening right now).
Old 11-05-2009, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
Unless Stefan replies to the thread it is all speculation, isn't it? Just chatter between various people on what they think will happen (like what is happening right now).
That's not the intention of the thread, though. The thread is clearly to get Stefan's input because of pure curiosity; to avoid speculation. I have gotten quite a few threads like this aimed at Stefan for my curiosity and some he has responded to.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:44 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
People already made such threads 10 years ago, not really interesting to read or discuss it again. Like I said if Graal is down I would just restart the servers
Closed Thread