Problem with simple script

PHP Code:
//#CLIENTSIDE
function onPlayerchats(){
  if(
player.level in serverr.socialzones){

client.exp += 1;
  }

the level I'm testing is in serverr.socialzones, I've tried both with and without quotes but no luck. when I try putting an else{player.chat = player.level SPC serverr.socialzones;} the results visibly match.

What's going on?
Old 01-20-2011, 07:49 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
player.level.name in serverr.socialzones

Also try..

temp.socialzones = serverr.socialzones.tokenize(",");

in case your "array" isn't properly formatted.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:58 PM
Hazard to Graal
Jiroxys7 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
player.level.name in serverr.socialzones

Also try..

temp.socialzones = serverr.socialzones.tokenize(",");

in case your "array" isn't properly formatted.
player.level.name fixed it, thanks. I must ask of course, what did .name do exactly? returning player.level and player.level.name though chat yield visually the same thing.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:02 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiroxys7 View Post
player.level.name fixed it, thanks. I must ask of course, what did .name do exactly? returning player.level and player.level.name though chat yield visually the same thing.
Player.level is an object, not a string. Thus, you must access the 'name' variable of the object by appending '.name' to the end of 'player.level'.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 01-20-2011, 08:05 PM
Hazard to Graal
Jiroxys7 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Player.level is an object, not a string. Thus, you must access the 'name' variable of the object by appending '.name' to the end of 'player.level'.
ah, thank you.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:14 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiroxys7 View Post
As a part of the dynamic typing in GScript, if you try and represent an object as a string (which would have been what you did when you set player.chat = player.level;), then it automatically is showing the object name. However, this does not happen when you are working with the object itself because there is no such type conversion taking place, therefore you need to access the name attribute manually.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:07 AM
AlexanderK is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to AlexanderK
I'm new to this, but shouldn't the experience be stored in a clientr. variable so it is safe?
Old 01-22-2011, 12:11 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderK View Post
I'm new to this, but shouldn't the experience be stored in a clientr. variable so it is safe?
client would actually not be safe from trainer abusers and "hackers" I agree so.. really I'unno prolly not though.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:47 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Yes (note that this would require triggering serverside to set it.)
Old 01-22-2011, 01:08 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Wordy yes.

Yes thats a perfectly fine way to do it, as long as it's being validated on the server-side.

Provided the EXP system is checking EXP on the server-side after it's added then there's no problem with trainers/CEs since they can only change the visible value to the client.

Unless they manipulate the client in such a way that it allows them to exploit a method to earn exp.