Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-12-2013, 08:41 AM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Project Zaphod

So I was playing around the Z axis filters and got this sort of thing working...

Anyone want to contribute ideas: Was thinking like a large sky fortress on an overworld. With clouds and stuff.

Right now I only quickly threw together a small gmap of levels from classic and angel clan in the sky.

Note: Sometimes my tiles seams pull apart in the video, it's a side effect of how this is accomplished.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:00 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_bald6225 View Post
So I was playing around the Z axis filters and got this sort of thing working...

Anyone want to contribute ideas: Was thinking like a large sky fortress on an overworld. With clouds and stuff.

Right now I only quickly threw together a small gmap of levels from classic and angel clan in the sky.

Note: Sometimes my tiles seams pull apart in the video, it's a side effect of how this is accomplished.
Wait a minute... that looks suspiciously similar to flying technology, what are all these stories I heard of such things never existing?
Regardless! I like the idea, and I'm really suprised someone hasn't already capitalised on it. Awesome job

It's genius.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:03 AM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
How was this achieved?
Old 02-12-2013, 03:52 PM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Really cool

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 02-12-2013, 07:23 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
O-M-G, first I was like "yeah I guess thats kinda cool", then *BAM! layer 2 appears* and I'm like

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:28 PM
DeCeaseD will become famous soon enough
Seriously.. How the heck did you do this? o_O
Old 02-12-2013, 08:28 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I'm thinking maybe this was done using a similar method to how I was rendering gmaps with my Mode7(assuming this is actually being done in Graal)? Basically you prerender each level in the gmap(or in this case the surrounding 3 levels) on a DrawingPanel, then save the renders as images. From there you can stitch them together as individual levels.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:52 PM
IzariusRyudo is an unknown quantity at this point
So it it two actual levels? When I'm up in the sky looking down, will I see players running around, or just the simple image of a gmap?
Old 02-12-2013, 09:19 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Please let me see this in action for myself, looks awesome.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:06 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
photoshopped
Old 02-13-2013, 04:26 AM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
photoshopped
All done in paint.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:59 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by IzariusRyudo View Post
So it it two actual levels? When I'm up in the sky looking down, will I see players running around, or just the simple image of a gmap?
technically, that would be possible. and pretty cool. not sure if it would lag tho.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:05 AM
DeCeaseD will become famous soon enough
I get the feeling this is just stitched together screenshots.. ?
Old 02-14-2013, 05:54 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
I've been thinking about attempting to make a virtual boy game. This concept would rule.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:26 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCeaseD View Post
I get the feeling this is just stitched together screenshots.. ?
Nah, do you remember how on some servers (n-pulse?) you can drive around remote control cars/planes and there's a screen limitation to how far you can be from your character. It looks like that in the video.. If that makes sense.