Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 07:49 AM
Shaun will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
I don't get why people are complaining about the playercount now while a server is trying to rebuild itself. This thread was aimed at the development progress/management.
Because playercount is the underlying factor that attracts developers. If Classic had say, half the numbers it had a few years ago when Tyhm was throwing in his Monty Python and FF3/6 references, I would even throw my hat in trying to help dev.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:01 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Because playercount is the underlying factor that attracts developers. If Classic had say, half the numbers it had a few years ago when Tyhm was throwing in his Monty Python and FF3/6 references, I would even throw my hat in trying to help dev.
That would be the case if the server was on the list still, which it is not. I just don't see why people care about the past/future playercount when development is the main problem here.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 10-08-2009, 08:05 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
There's no way Classic could maintain a playercount right now. The current overworld is only a handful of levels, it's running on default AND half-built systems, and there's just nothing to do. At all.

Discussing playercount in its current condition is silly.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
A "playercount" right now is impossible, because there is literally nothing to do.

A "developercount" is more realistic but right now our staff team isn't very big. It would be nice to have some more helpers, but I'm afraid few people will simply volunteer to help a server they A)likely never played, B)won't have much say in what they work on, and C)don't see on the list.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:34 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I just don't see why people care about the past/future playercount when development is the main problem here.
wat?
Old 10-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Prince
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
wat?
I meant discussing.

Glad and Dusty are pretty much right as well.

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 10-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I meant discussing
There's no point in discussing the future playercount?
Old 10-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
There's no way Classic could maintain a playercount right now. The current overworld is only a handful of levels, it's running on default AND half-built systems, and there's just nothing to do. At all.

Discussing playercount in its current condition is silly.
There were systems in place that worked. Where did they go?
Old 10-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Prince
Quote:
There's no point in discussing the future playercount?
When nothing is even done to determine it? Yep.

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 10-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Quote:
When nothing is even done to determine it? Yep.
I dunno man, I would expect discussion about what kinds of players Classic is going to cater to before development begins so they have a clear goal on what they need done, but hey what do I know.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Prince
Quote:
I dunno man, I would expect discussion about what kinds of players Classic is going to cater to before development begins so they have a clear goal on what they need done, but hey what do I know.
I dunno man, I would expect they would know that by now. I never said there shouldn't be discussion, just that this thread was dedicated to lack of development.

But hey, let's talk about the other 80 servers that need to know who to cater to since you're so interested.

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 10-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Quote:
I dunno man, I would expect they would know that by now. I never said there shouldn't be discussion, just that this thread was dedicated to lack of development.
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...88&postcount=1

No it's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X
But hey, let's talk about the other 80 servers that need to know who to cater to since you're so interested.
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...8&postcount=19

The manager brought up the community discussion, not just some random player. What do you expect?

Last edited by Crono; 10-08-2009 at 09:49 PM..
Old 10-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Classic has developed more content than any server over the years.

What happened to all of it?

Did the Hamburglar steel it?