Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-04-2011, 11:15 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Just a heads-up to everyone...

A lot of the items will probably need to have their stats scaled down a little bit from what they used to be. Maloria no longer uses the old damage and health formulas it used to have, and bonuses as high as the ones just mentioned will definitely lead to big problems later on.

I say this because the new formulas account for additional things they didn't before.

Health and damage scale a lot more now than they did before, because they depend on your level, class, and how many points you put into each stat when you level up. Each class has multipliers that controls how high their health and mana can possibly get, which means Knights will almost always have the highest health, while the same goes for mages and their mana capacity.

Therefore, bonuses from items will probably need to have their stat values lowered quite a bit. Just because there are a lot of points being totalled up already.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:50 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
Just a heads-up to everyone...

A lot of the items will probably need to have their stats scaled down a little bit from what they used to be. Maloria no longer uses the old damage and health formulas it used to have, and bonuses as high as the ones just mentioned will definitely lead to big problems later on.

I say this because the new formulas account for additional things they didn't before.

Health and damage scale a lot more now than they did before, because they depend on your level, class, and how many points you put into each stat when you level up. Each class has multipliers that controls how high their health and mana can possibly get, which means Knights will almost always have the highest health, while the same goes for mages and their mana capacity.

Therefore, bonuses from items will probably need to have their stat values lowered quite a bit. Just because there are a lot of points being totalled up already.
They are talking about v2 items. Also, we're barely not using any of your formulas anymore since we didn't really enjoy the way they worked in some cases. We're using heavily modified versions though.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 02-05-2011, 01:34 AM
Me.
RegretZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Also, we're barely not using any of your formulas anymore
Barely not?
Old 02-05-2011, 01:38 AM
anubis_wing will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegretZ View Post
Barely not?
So, he is using them?
Old 02-05-2011, 01:39 AM
Me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anubis_wing View Post
So, he is using them?
That's what I was about to say lol.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:56 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXZiroXx
Also, we're barely not using any of your formulas anymore since we didn't really enjoy the way they worked in some cases.
I don't care what changes you've made since I left, but don't act like I did a poor job on them when I know for a fact that they're still almost identical to what they were.

I still have everything written down, and it wouldn't take me long to do the math and figure out what modifications were made. There's no harm in the fact that I authored a lot of what you're using, but if you really want to act like it's a problem, I can spill it all at a moment's notice. So choose your battles wisely. ;}

I'm discussing this stuff both because players need to be aware of how things have changed, and because you may need to keep certain things in mind when it comes time to put stats on stuff. The system I built is not meant to have really high numbers involved, or else you're going to have to deal with a power creep that becomes more and more difficult to control over time. This means a lot of complaints from players about certain things being overpowered, as well as even more complaints when you have to nerf stuff.

Last edited by Draenin; 02-05-2011 at 04:09 AM..
Old 02-05-2011, 04:13 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Girls relax. lets go shopping.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:04 AM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerProNL View Post
For sure! +1
you can't "+" anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deas_Voice View Post
still waiting for Maloria to get their own icon and server-description
bump for the cause!
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 02-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
it seems as if mallard has already made click 2 shoot
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...hp?t=134258849

time to rescript it to work on mal
Old 02-12-2011, 03:53 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
There's no harm in the fact that I authored a lot of what you're using, but if you really want to act like it's a problem, I can spill it all at a moment's notice. So choose your battles wisely. ;}
Bad puppy, he only admitted to disliking how what you mentioned worked, and had have changed it since then. He don't believe he meant it badly, else he wouldn't have added that he was still using heavily modified versions of your formulas.

Now...calm down :3
Old 02-12-2011, 09:32 PM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
I think it's pretty safe to say that Maloria is dead. It was a good one week server.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:03 PM
Me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquirt View Post
I think it's pretty safe to say that Maloria is dead. It was a good one week server.
Less dead than N-Pulse.
Not that N-Pulse wasn't a respectable server. But Mal at least manages to hold a playercount of 11 or so usually.

I'm sure they'll be doing fine soon, they just need to recover from Ziro leaving.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:25 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegretZ View Post
I'm sure they'll be doing fine soon, they just need to recover from Ziro leaving.
If server trends indicate anything, it's going to disappear off the list. Ziro didn't just leave, he completely ****ed them over and left mallard to fix it all.

I don't know how PWA passed the thing with all the obvious problems, I guess they just wanted to break the 5~ year classic dry spell.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:43 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
If server trends indicate anything, it's going to disappear off the list. Ziro didn't just leave, he completely ****ed them over and left mallard to fix it all.

I don't know how PWA passed the thing with all the obvious problems, I guess they just wanted to break the 5~ year classic dry spell.
hmm i didn't know he left alot of errors? what errors? =o
Old 02-19-2011, 07:46 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
hmm i didn't know he left alot of errors? what errors? =o
Idk but I think for him to make the server classic and just leave it, well, x.x
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.