Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 09:47 PM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
People that have bought the existing subscriptions will keep their subscriptions of course (Gold = zone + kingdoms + playerworlds etc.).
The playerworld renting has been made for being simplier, you don't need to create an account on graal.net, create a playerworld project, choose a payment plan etc., now just buy a developer pack and create a developer guild.
So...for every server you'd like to help out you have to buy a dev pack?
Old 07-10-2007, 09:49 PM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I'm sure there will be updates and such that will make new releases far desirable than the outdated ones on our computers. Also, before you say if they're that desirable, we should pay for it... I don't think we should pay to help Graal out.
Oh, I wasn't gonna say that. I'm not paying for new tools, and I don't know of too many people who will. But since when has Stefan ever made new versions of the staff tools? When was the last time (other than RC2) that he has?

I'll just keep my current ones, thanks.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 07-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerTFFD View Post
So wouldn't it be more effective to say that instead of having people post the question repeatedly hoping for an answer? I mean I'm just sayin'.

Quoting around the question makes you out to dodging the question. Quoting it and saying "I don't know." lets you off the hook.
Look, everything I say is an opinion just like everyone else. I have had nothing to do with the design of this. I am not a Graal admin, and I have no inside information. I am the same as anyone else, so expecting me to answer a question such as the one you are refering to is kind of redundant.
I am just as confused on some things as the rest of you, but am waiting patiently for the answers.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 07-10-2007, 09:51 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
I got on 2K2 and people thought my endorsement of video capture somehow amounted to me endorsing every single change, so I'll clarify by saying what I think about all the changes.

New website - ugly, but I hardly ever use the website so I don't really care. Even if the forums got infected by it, I'd just have to make a Stylish script to restore the old forum layout (for me).

Dockable Playerlist and other PM changes - Minor but cool.

Video capture - As I said before, very useful. The best of all the planned features.

Direct Login - I already login directly by using graal:// URLs in my bookmarks, so login changes don't effect me much.

GUI changes - As I said before I skip the login menu. From the pictures the changed GUI doesn't look much better or worse than the previous GUI.

Flash - Don't care. Maybe I'll be made to care when it actually happens.

Script Improvements - Isn't this just GS2?

Subscription splitting - Good for me, but as I said before, probably a bad business move. I'll only be buying a GK gold subscription and thus will probably be sending less money to Graal than I was before, and it will be the same for a lot of other people. I don't think there are many people who don't upgrade because of it being "too expensive".

Selling Zone items for real money (which is really what the gelat system amounts to) - You might as well be selling the players rope to hang themselves with. Anybody who makes use of this system is pretty much volunteering themselves to be hated. Will probably make money but not much. I'm not sure whether it would make up for the (probably very low, as in single digits) number of people who would quit because of it.

Graal skills - We already have this, and nobody uses it. That's not going to change.

New Playerworlds Hosting - I can't help but feel this is going to be a vastly inferior money-maker compared to the current system
Old 07-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Graal Developer
ArushenP2P is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ArushenP2P
I agree 99.9% with you
Old 07-10-2007, 09:55 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
About the pw hosting, depends on who has to buy a developer subscription. If every developer of a certain pw has to get one, you wont see me here again :]
Old 07-10-2007, 09:56 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CABAL49 View Post
My question, will it support Vista?
Excuse me, but did you read through the newsletter?
Old 07-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Graal Developer
Of course it will, but for me It's like I will be leaving also , but I don't know yet. It's like a 50/50 right now.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
What the hell is up with these people? I'm usually pleased with new things coming around, but this is not good. Perhaps you guys don't play other games, or maybe you're all stuck in 1991, but take a look at it for a minute.

The new website depicts Graal as a game for pre-school children. The new logo makes me believe that Graal may be turning away from what it actually is; a "fantasy" online roleplaying game. The new logo is nothing compared to this current one or even better, the one before that. It doesn't seem right. The website may have had the intention of turning it more user-friendly, "simplier and cleaner" but it just appears like a dumbed down, childish fan site, it's awful.

The new Gui, especially that start bar which now appears everywhere (so it appears) is extremely ugly, it looks like something from Mario and completely doesn't fit with Graal (or at least what the players expect to be Graal).

I'm pleased to hear about the guest mode, but I really dislike the fact Graal is integrated into the web browser. Personally when I look for games, I always check to see if it is browser based or client based, it's a little less cheap. I don't understand however, the 'Playerworlds Gold Subscription', and what are "window size limitations"?

I hope to dear god that you are not suggesting that people pay to play on Classic servers, especially since there is a screenshot of Classic in that section. When people bought their accounts it states "lifetime" and sounds pretty much forever to me.

Graal is currently not worth paying for at all, even with these additions it will still be not worth paying for. The game completely lacks in actual game play and servers with quality. The quality development comes from the players, who don't seem to get anything out of it, now you're suggesting to pay to develop, and pay to learn how to develop? Graal was never like this.

I think the focus needs to be taken off these new features, because if you take Konidias for example, they're nice but not required for the standard that Graal needs to raise up to (see: Bomy Island). I was thinking yesterday how Graal could possibly advertise, but then I thought, "What the hell would they advertise?". These additions are not the direction the game needs to be taken in, at all. If you look at Korean games, they are very successful. With a bit of money and decent help this would probably take off. Most of the players are only here for the other players, it IS like everyone says, an interactive chat room, and it appears things are getting worse. I think Graal 5 is going to degrade Graal, rather then improve it.

Apologies if my post is all over the place, I'm just finding it hard to make it so it doesn't need moderating
Old 07-10-2007, 10:00 PM
My empire of dirt
So far it seems my developing days are over :x I really don't want to fork out more money to help people...
Old 07-10-2007, 10:04 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Nobody has said you have to pay for GraalEditor, and even if you do, you still have the old editor.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:04 PM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi View Post
New Playerworlds Hosting - I can't help but feel this is going to be a vastly inferior money-maker compared to the current system
Why are we complaining? It's not bad for us. lol

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 07-10-2007, 10:05 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
I guess my English is not as good as I thought x-x How can you mistunderstand "GraalOnline provides a wide range of developer tools". We are not going to steal the gani editor or whatever from your computer. Soon the new things will be released, I think most of you will like it more then
Old 07-10-2007, 10:06 PM
My empire of dirt
Wow! I just noticed that the current website is actually updated! It has actual news!...though just the news from the wiki/graal login.....but still!
Old 07-10-2007, 10:06 PM
Graal Developer
Well, I'll just have to wait and right now I'm just feeling bummed out on Graal right now. When It comes out I'll see how my future plans to Play/Dev on Graal again.
Closed Thread