Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2007, 01:28 AM
hype4 is on a distinguished road
i probley sound like such a newb at this, but i cant find the tiles to make cliffs...the tile set only has certain directions. btw im not that new at level disighning this is just one thing that bothers me
Old 06-27-2007, 02:53 AM
**FLIP OUT**
theHAWKER is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by hype4 View Post
i probley sound like such a newb at this, but i cant find the tiles to make cliffs...the tile set only has certain directions. btw im not that new at level disighning this is just one thing that bothers me
the cliff tiles are scrambled about in the first section of the tile map, but you can always go to the pre-made tiles and learn from thoughs
Old 06-27-2007, 02:11 PM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
The toturial was kinda good, but next time you are going to do a toturial, please fix your bugs before you post the pic :X
I don't really like your detailing, Almost all your detail is half of something for example the grass.
AND i discovered some cliff bugs too and the pathing has also a bunch of tileerrors.
Just a suggestion ;D
Old 06-27-2007, 02:23 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vima View Post
The toturial was kinda good, but next time you are going to do a toturial, please fix your bugs before you post the pic :X
I don't really like your detailing, Almost all your detail is half of something for example the grass.
AND i discovered some cliff bugs too and the pathing has also a bunch of tileerrors.
Just a suggestion ;D
Well, back in 2003 this was godlike.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Damn I was a ***** 4 years ago.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:04 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark910 View Post
Damn I was a ***** 4 years ago.
Why do you think we complained so much about your modding?
Old 06-27-2007, 06:25 PM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hype4 View Post
Search for "Cliff Objects" - I did some a while ago
Old 06-27-2007, 08:24 PM
That Sword guy...right?
Zideruic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zideruic
My name sake Eric_1337!!
Old 06-28-2007, 12:39 AM
Level Designer
Aknts will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Aknts
Quote:
Just a suggestion ;D

Show me a better level that you made.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknts View Post
Show me a better level that you made.
Spanky, make levels again and show them!
Old 06-28-2007, 02:26 AM
BARGAD will become famous soon enough
Smile

Quote:
What you like in level of detail and what style you prefer will always differ between players. Some like very heavy detail, while others prefer less detailed levels. I think this is also different between what you enjoy watching, and what you enjoy playing on. I for example enjoy watching hevily detailed levels, but when it comes to actually playing them, I find all the objects to be in the way.

Quote:
Just a suggestion ;D
Spotting tile "errors" is always hard for the level maker, because they are so easily made. At times though, what you find to be a actual tile error can differ from player to player. But I'm pretty sure theres some errors here and there.

But then again, this level was made some years ago as Gerami pointed out. I think leveling styles are different now, although I can not say for sure since I'm not up to date with it anymore. Would be great if more players could make some new tutorials though, because I think a good way to learn to make levels and develop your own style is to watch others work. I wouldnt mind some sort of guide pointing out what the current way of level making there is !

And hello everyone, been awhile!

Came to think of it, thats one weird level with what I think was a path leading nowhere and not much space to actually walk around on the level. Still perhaps gave someone some idea how you could use the cliff tiles or so !

Born To Kill
Death Silent Killers

Two little newbies, out in the sun.
Then came Gori and there was only one.

Old 06-28-2007, 02:51 AM
Gori!
Old 06-28-2007, 04:12 PM
That guy with a beard
PrinceOfKenshin has a spectacular aura about
Its a great tutorial. But what i really think that will help "noobs" is if you show where you got the tiles from on the tileset. That and explain what is what on the tileset. Some people just have no idea how to make houses using the tileset. I know everyone is being creative now-a-days but we all started with the basic idea. So i think once they get that they will be able to expand. = )

Quote:
Game Master (Server): Greetings PrinceOfKenshin, there are new posts on the forums that demand your urgent attention! God speed, the fate of the world is in your hands. If you fail, middle earth will forever be in the darkness and your children will be enslaved by McKain.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:21 PM
Level Designer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARGAD View Post
What you like in level of detail and what style you prefer will always differ between players. Some like very heavy detail, while others prefer less detailed levels. I think this is also different between what you enjoy watching, and what you enjoy playing on. I for example enjoy watching hevily detailed levels, but when it comes to actually playing them, I find all the objects to be in the way.

Spotting tile "errors" is always hard for the level maker, because they are so easily made. At times though, what you find to be a actual tile error can differ from player to player. But I'm pretty sure theres some errors here and there.

But then again, this level was made some years ago as Gerami pointed out. I think leveling styles are different now, although I can not say for sure since I'm not up to date with it anymore. Would be great if more players could make some new tutorials though, because I think a good way to learn to make levels and develop your own style is to watch others work. I wouldnt mind some sort of guide pointing out what the current way of level making there is !

And hello everyone, been awhile!

Came to think of it, thats one weird level with what I think was a path leading nowhere and not much space to actually walk around on the level. Still perhaps gave someone some idea how you could use the cliff tiles or so !
OMG!! GORI!
Old 06-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Level Designer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Well, back in 2003 this was godlike.
I've been told by alot of people the style has changed alot. Is there a new level tutorial that features this new "style"?