Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Playerworld Administration Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2008, 01:25 AM
Banned
p2p_Sir_Link is an unknown quantity at this point
Application: Kevin Azite

My name (obviously in game, I am afraid of you people) is Kevin Azite, and I've been a classic player since at least 2001 (I can't go back and decide an official time unless some staff member wants to check the registration of the account (yooooyyyoo), but even then, that may have been removed when trials were purged. The easiest way to describe where I am known would be saying I'm notorious on Classic for being a complete ***hole, but in reality that just stems from my crippling lack of likability (perfectly qualifying for this job!). I quit Graal for quite some time but returned after getting a bank account and the ability to use PayPal, and I've taken quite an active interest (literally, since Graal development now earns me a grade in school) in Graal Development for my third year of Computer Science courses, Computer Systems (I earned a 5 on the Computer Science AB AP exam last year.)

I've worked on several UC playerworlds and can't remember the names of the ones that were actually going somewhere (none of them have "flourished" and gone Classic). However, I currently work on Classic as a NAT, and as far as NATs typically go, my "abuse" is typically minimal (compared to how the typical NAT goes about things).

Since I now fully know that I have "piqued interest", I will explain why I am so desirable. One, I am so incredibly attractive that I will draw in new players by the millions. But more realistically, has I have explained, I am required to actively play a part in Graal and its development for class work. Wouldn't it be fantastic to know that you could guarantee that I am working in a productive manner just by having my teacher's email address and giving them progress reports on my performance? When has GraalOnline ever had that kind of control over its volunteer employees??? My guess is never, and I can only see this as being beneficial. You have the ability to keep me from deviating away from any responsibilities I have by directly having a hand on my GPA.

I am in high school (but let's pretend I've graduated since I could've last year, I am only taking AP Math and Science courses now) and am not employed. However, I have been employed and have worked internships for several programming related interests (I have been working with the US Army as well, although that is now over). I can probably dedicate anywhere from 4-6 hours a day to Graal duties, although not active all throughout that time period. I can easily keep an eye on RC though and intervene if anything major is happening.

As far as Graal's playerworld policies go, I currently see quite a big need for some sort of basic groundwork structurally as far as scripting goes. Scripting has obviously taken a bigger role in playerworlds since the days of hacking bushes and player-killing for entertainment are gone. Therefore, the scripters in power need to create some sort of core system (I don't mean something to handle an explosion or two), and release it along with a full fledged API (not what is currently on graal.net) to help developers be able to release better playerworlds with only the ability of making levels. This could only be beneficial to Graal Online.

The best example of my good judgement was probably stopping an NPC-Server once when some guy was going rampant and trying to delete scripts (stopped him after two) when I lacked the ability to ban/disconnect.

However, the examples of my bad judgement are obviously more documented/well known.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:55 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
You have an avatar supporting votes for Bush, that right there is a good example of your judgment!
Old 03-17-2008, 01:57 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
You have an avatar supporting votes for Bush, that right there is a good example of your judgment!
Thank you for the stamp of approval. did anyone else fail to find his post funny?
Banned
xAzerothx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to xAzerothx Send a message via MSN to xAzerothx Send a message via Yahoo to xAzerothx
I think that was a bad thing.
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
I personally, have never liked your attitude on classic towards people, and you have been banned several times on the forums for things such as sexual harrassment, and your account was one of the accounts disabled when people were making hateful goodbye threads against Graal.

Big NO from me
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 03-17-2008, 01:58 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
I personally, have never liked your attitude on classic towards people, and you have been banned several times on the forums for things such as sexual harrassment, and your account was one of the accounts disabled when people were making hateful goodbye threads against Graal.

Big NO from me
The GraalOnline forums and the GraalOnline game are seperate entities.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:01 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2p_Sir_Link View Post
The GraalOnline forums and the GraalOnline game are seperate entities.
Not a good response, but anyway....from what I
have seen, you act no different here then you do in game.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 03-17-2008, 02:05 AM
Banned
Quote:
Not a good response, but anyway....from what I
have seen, you act no different here then you do in game.
I had no idea that you were grand arbitrator of what makes up "good response"s, but I'll just ignore that for now.

if I act no different here then I do in game, then I've pretty much been inactive for what, the past year?
Old 03-17-2008, 02:06 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Kevin Azite? The whole world would be a better place if Kevin Azite disappeared... not just these forums.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:07 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
Kevin Azite? The whole world would be a better place if Kevin Azite disappeared... not just these forums.
Empress Door the Unhinged
Door is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
The GraalOnline forums and the GraalOnline game are separate entities.
Don't be modest now Kevin, you've done much worse in game!

Seriously though, I actually do like your scripting idea. As someone who can't script, I find this really attractive. I think carrying it out would alone yield toonns of new, great playerworlds that wouldn't otherwise exist.

Just wish you'd been more serious in the rest of your app, you perhaps could have gained more respect and attention for your idea.
Banned
xAzerothx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to xAzerothx Send a message via MSN to xAzerothx Send a message via Yahoo to xAzerothx
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
Why? I've only seen one flaw in his character. He likes Bush...
Old 03-17-2008, 02:11 AM
Administrator
Quote:
I had no idea that you were grand arbitrator of what makes up "good response"s, but I'll just ignore that for now.

if I act no different here then I do in game, then I've pretty much been inactive for what, the past year?
I gave my input. The reasons you were banned here were pretty bad, and it doesn't matter to me if it were yesterday, or last year. What I look for is how many, and for what. IMO, you would be a terrible choice for this job, sorry
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 03-17-2008, 02:13 AM
Banned
Quote:
I gave my input. The reasons you were banned here were pretty bad, and it doesn't matter to me if it were yesterday, or last year. What I look for is how many, and for what. IMO, you would be a terrible choice for this job, sorry
"How to quit a playerworld"
Old 03-17-2008, 02:14 AM
Administrator
Quote:
"How to quit a playerworld"
That's one of several reasons, yes
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST