Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 11:33 PM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
We tried a ctf tier list but everyone complained b/c they didn't like their spot on the list, even though I thought I said it wasn't perfect and it could easily change. But everyone has a different opinion on who's better than who, so its not really surprising they hated my list.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:31 AM
how's it going eh?
jorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of light
GCs can easily manually sort the teams fairly.
03-15-2012 05:49 PM Good riddance. All you do is whine. Hopefully when you are gone you'll man up - Supernanny
Old 03-11-2009, 12:48 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
Max's post
Sounds like a good idea, but as Ranger said, they probably should look into scripting something more vital to the server now. I'm not even sure if a system could measure all of the attributes of a player anyways lol

@Yump: GC's could, but then people would think a GC is biased. Especially when they are placed on a losing team.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 03-11-2009, 12:50 AM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
hey this thread is about manager isnt it? what is ctf doing here?
Old 03-11-2009, 03:09 AM
Gladius
We're looking for a manager who supports ctf, duh.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:53 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
I don't know. The thread already served it's purpose - PWA Is looking into the management issue.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 03-11-2009, 04:06 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
Having a TrueSkill system to determine teams is an ideal choice, and since the math for such a system is already out there, it would be very easily created and implemented.
No, it's not easily created and implemented. I doubt anyone on this forum could do it, aside from maybe HR and myself depending on how much HR has dealt with Bayes' theorem and factor graphs.
It's not something I would feel like wasting time at the moment. It could be a future addition when our work load goes down.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:43 AM
Banned
p2p_Sir_Link is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
No, it's not easily created and implemented. I doubt anyone on this forum could do it, aside from maybe HR and myself depending on how much HR has dealt with Bayes' theorem and factor graphs.
It's not something I would feel like wasting time at the moment. It could be a future addition when our work load goes down.
or just use a gdf
Old 03-11-2009, 09:00 AM
Remonq is just really niceRemonq is just really nice
way to make the most overhosted event on classic even more "important" to classic. good job guys, quality GC ideas right there
Old 03-11-2009, 05:06 PM
Gladius
Yeah...until other events are made/improved to rival CTF in fun and competitiveness...might as well make it as awesome as possible.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:36 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
My idea wouldn't apply just to CTF, but to every event. You could use the system to create an exact leader board for each event (which wouldn't be arguable), it could be used to sort teams automatically... really it would have a great many uses.

Sadly we're a server that settles for mediocrity, we'll continue to accept 'the average' because we hope that someday the development team makes something great. This won't happen until we've upped our standards a little, and demand something better than these simplistic systems (look around you, you'll spot other systems that need improvement). This isn't 2001, lets raise the bar a little more here.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Gladius
Many things people do in ctf aren't quantifiable. "Returns" are only part of the story in defending; hell if anything you don't want to have returns as a defender because that means they got past you (different story when hunting, but w/e.)

In theory it would help make even teams, but there are too many factors (such as chemistry, timing, etc.) that turn many games into blowouts, despite seemingly even teams.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Due to my apparent mistake in thinking that Tig and TSA had completed the review, it is still open. I will not be participating in it as we have Skyld as an additional PWA now. They will be making the decision and will let you all know the findings when they've completed it.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
Due to my apparent mistake in thinking that Tig and TSA had completed the review, it is still open. I will not be participating in it as we have Skyld as an additional PWA now. They will be making the decision and will let you all know the findings when they've completed it.
we forgive y0u bell
Old 03-18-2009, 12:12 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Asking a manager to fix problems is like asking a politician to do the same.

When in reality, politicians don't solve problems--technicians and engineers solve problems. Managers don't make quests and dungeons, and in this case, the difference between the manager and the politician is the fact that politicians pay technicians to fix problems.

This is no complaint. The fact is, Classic is missing the "adventure" portion.. many of the staff realize this and are working to help. A few are more than eager.

I personally believe that all of the focus on events is only getting in the way... and I don't enjoy the events much personally, anyway.

How hard is it to script dungeon items instead of events? I find it hard to believe that if there were an impressive adventure game still present on Classic that there wouldn't be Zelda addicts drawn to it. I won't take that lecture for one second, because it is misinformation!