Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Banned
p2p_Sir_Link is an unknown quantity at this point
Skill Games and Vista

Whenever I try to log onto Skill games, my client will stop responding for a minute or two. Once I can actually control it again, once I select a game, it happens again. Once I select a game and invite a player, it happens again. During the game, every time I make a move (in chess), it happens again. Every time my opponent makes a move, it happens again.

On the 6+ PCs I've used with Microsoft XP, it has not been an issue EVER.

Why do skill games run poorly on Vista?
Old 04-06-2008, 06:35 PM
Nexus.Stryker@live.com is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2p_Sir_Link View Post
Whenever I try to log onto Skill games, my client will stop responding for a minute or two. Once I can actually control it again, once I select a game, it happens again. Once I select a game and invite a player, it happens again. During the game, every time I make a move (in chess), it happens again. Every time my opponent makes a move, it happens again.

On the 6+ PCs I've used with Microsoft XP, it has not been an issue EVER.

Why do skill games run poorly on Vista?
Graal is not specifically designed for running on Vista, as far as I know. This means that there will be some compatibility issues when running Graal in a Windows Vista Environment.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Graal works fine on Vista, we have tested it on 32 bit and 64 bit and with several graphis cards. There might be problems with drivers on Vista, e.g. try to disable the sound and check if it's better then.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:40 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
I am running Vista, and have noticed no problems with the games, or Graal so far.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 04-06-2008, 10:10 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Graal works fine on Vista, we have tested it on 32 bit and 64 bit and with several graphis cards. There might be problems with drivers on Vista, e.g. try to disable the sound and check if it's better then.
Skill Games is the only server with issues.

With sound turned down, nothing. I have Service Pack 1 installed, my drivers are all current.

Attached: DxDiag, game_console
Attached Files
File Type: txt DxDiag.txt (58.8 KB, 402 views)
File Type: log game_console.log (1.1 KB, 141 views)
Old 04-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
You mean it didnt change anything ? In the game_console.log it's still using sounds.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:48 AM
Banned
when you say disable sounds, do you mean open up the menu and turn all of them down? I tried doing that.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:15 PM
Graal Developer
Aleron is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Aleron Send a message via AIM to Aleron Send a message via MSN to Aleron Send a message via Yahoo to Aleron
I just logged into Skill Games using a Vista PC and the game client crashed completely for about 30 seconds, Windows came up with the 'This program may not be responding' error.
This may be a problem with memory, Windows Vista requires more memory to run and is more resource intensive.

Old 04-20-2008, 07:41 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron View Post
I just logged into Skill Games using a Vista PC and the game client crashed completely for about 30 seconds, Windows came up with the 'This program may not be responding' error.
This may be a problem with memory, Windows Vista requires more memory to run and is more resource intensive.
this is what happens to me, although you'll never convince me it is a problem with me not having enough memory since I am able to easily run CoD4, Half Life 2, Portal, and other games at 1920x1200.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:59 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
How weird [see attachment].

Skills Games are working on both of my Vista machines and my XP machine. Not on my Mac, of course.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 29.png
Views:	148
Size:	257.0 KB
ID:	44447  
Old 04-21-2008, 07:41 PM
Graal Developer
Aleron is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Aleron Send a message via AIM to Aleron Send a message via MSN to Aleron Send a message via Yahoo to Aleron
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2p_Sir_Link View Post
this is what happens to me, although you'll never convince me it is a problem with me not having enough memory since I am able to easily run CoD4, Half Life 2, Portal, and other games at 1920x1200.
I know it does, you can have 8GB of memory, none of my games lag at all, the problem lies in Vista.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:02 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron View Post
the problem lies in Vista.
NOWAI LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!
Old 05-11-2008, 12:55 PM
The secret of NIMH
Robin will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Robin
Longshot, but go onto a flash enabled site, e.g. youtube. Right click on any flash content. Select settings. Go through the tabs. Disable hardware acceleration. This seems to be a bug in vista.

Did it work?