Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-25-2003, 12:48 AM
Deek2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by DustyPorViva
Well, lag can be an issue with wall detectors like that, and gralats(even if you put them away from boundries).

I, myself, experience a blank green level when I enter a level until it loads, and by that time I am mostly in the middle of the level, even farther.
Then the flag wouldn't even be efficient, because even then the script checking for the flag would need to be loaded within the level. If the level isn't even loaded yet, then the script will still be error-prone.
Old 09-25-2003, 02:39 AM
dark overlord
Lance is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by CheeToS2
I'm not quite sure how you would want to implement dontconnectlevels into an onwall-checking script x.x.. mind explaining? It sounds like you want to make it so if don't connect levels is turned on, it would ignore that player.. but that doesn't make any sense x.x
I don't want to post how because there is still the possibility that it could be abused, but it would make them 500% more effective :-\

Edit: Also, there could be an extra set of code for how to treat people who have dontconnectlevels on (e.g. even to the extreme of not letting them play the server until they turn it off).

Last edited by Lance; 09-25-2003 at 03:19 AM..
Old 09-25-2003, 03:15 AM
Banned
Thallen is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Thallen Send a message via AIM to Thallen Send a message via MSN to Thallen Send a message via Yahoo to Thallen
Quote:
Originally posted by zell12
make a script to detect if a placer is onwall for more then 3 seconds or so.
I strongly doubt any manually-scripted effect will have that sort of detection, it has flaws and people could still hack, that's what GP's are for.
Old 09-25-2003, 03:57 PM
SaijinGohan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SaijinGohan Send a message via MSN to SaijinGohan
When I play on my old 222, levels take forever to load. If I know where something is, I can walk anywhere on the green screen and when it loads its right there for me to get. Then I reconnect and get the green screen again and go back where I wanted to be. Hacking? Na. dontconnectlevels wouldn't solve things for people like me. >.>

Job: A Legend

And you think that you have played Graal forever? Ha!
Old 09-26-2003, 10:23 PM
Telmont Bandit
draygin is on a distinguished road
Doesnt using a GMAP do the same thing with out scripting? I know I've tried to not connect levels when on a gmap and it wouldnt let me. So if all you're trying to do is keep people from playing the server if the levels arnt connected or such why not just use a gmap and they levels will always be connected? Unless there is an except with gmaps I missed some where. I know you mentioned GMAPs weren't the answer to your question in the previous thread but I'm curious as to why that is?

I stole Spanky's gold!
Old 09-27-2003, 12:07 AM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
For such things, you could just detect if all 4096 tiles in the level were the same green tile...in theory

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 09-27-2003, 12:13 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
How would that work if no NPCs have been enabled yet?
A WNPC?