Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Zodiac Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-22-2015, 04:54 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoith View Post
But sadly, the server was left in the hands of I believe Joshua Xanadu and Smirt. The server ended up going into ruin, when so many players loved it.
Josh and Nate, to be fair. I also hijacked it from them and have been running it on and off since late '07. I got it back to the Classic list in '11 in case you missed it, but during my very unfortunately timed 1 month exam break right after we re-released, it fell apart because none of the staff were capable of keeping it floating and globals took it back down to under construction.

Since then I haven't invested as much time until lately, but Maloria is still being actively developed. Unfortunately, we're just a 2 man team at the moment though, but you're more than welcome to logon and take a peek whenever you'd like!

Sorry for thread hijack

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 07-22-2015, 09:50 PM
White Mage
Xenoith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Josh and Nate, to be fair. I also hijacked it from them and have been running it on and off since late '07. I got it back to the Classic list in '11 in case you missed it, but during my very unfortunately timed 1 month exam break right after we re-released, it fell apart because none of the staff were capable of keeping it floating and globals took it back down to under construction.

Since then I haven't invested as much time until lately, but Maloria is still being actively developed. Unfortunately, we're just a 2 man team at the moment though, but you're more than welcome to logon and take a peek whenever you'd like!

Sorry for thread hijack
Wait! It's back in development?! That's so exciting to hear! If you need help finding more staff, please let me know!
Old 07-27-2015, 04:05 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Regardless of what is done to address this, don't do some foolish nonsense like completely scrapping things to start over. That almost never works.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:46 AM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Servers are not allowed to reset so thats not even the subject here and was completely off topic. I'll be spending some time on zodiac to see whats going on.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Last edited by MysticalDragon; 07-27-2015 at 01:19 PM..
Old 07-27-2015, 08:43 AM
Bladeweaver
Megiddo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
Servers are not allowed to reset so thats not even the subject here and was completely off topic. I'll be spending some time on zodiac to see whats going on.
Didn't know server resets were up to people who don't even play the game, cool

Last edited by MysticalDragon; 07-27-2015 at 01:19 PM..
Old 07-27-2015, 10:43 AM
White Mage
Quote:
Servers are not allowed to reset so thats not even the subject here and was completely off topic. I'll be spending sone time on zodiac to see whats going on.
Well when do come to visit, feel free to take your time exploring the server for a day or two and try to get some levels in to see what the new system feels like. I'm not sure when you'll be coming so just show up whenever I suppose. Looking forward to your evaluation.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:52 PM
Global Administration
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoith View Post
Well when do come to visit, feel free to take your time exploring the server for a day or two and try to get some levels in to see what the new system feels like. I'm not sure when you'll be coming so just show up whenever I suppose. Looking forward to your evaluation.
I was apart of Zodiacs Manager for sometime, I'm sure I know how it works. Zodiac is the only server I actually played (when I did), since 2002. It is overall a great server. Hopefully Jerret is just busy with life, but these type of jobs are volunteer after all. So you really can't expect them to dedicate there time 24/7 to the server. But some seldom updates would be very nice.
[email protected]

Old 07-27-2015, 02:10 PM
White Mage
Quote:
I was apart of Zodiacs Manager for sometime, I'm sure I know how it works. Zodiac is the only server I actually played (when I did), since 2002. It is overall a great server. Hopefully Jerret is just busy with life, but these type of jobs are volunteer after all. So you really can't expect them to dedicate there time 24/7 to the server. But some seldom updates would be very nice.

Oh I know. But when updates come within a 3-6 month period there is something wrong or the devs just don't care. Jerett had spoken about not really wanting to even bother working on Zodiac any more. Which is why I am here now. If it could be put under new management I think it'd go in the right direction.

Our GPA (Raven613) has also gone MIA, so were in need of a new one for rule enforcement as well. Our current GP team is near non-existent. I do have a few candidates in mind who would go well with GPA. Since a GP's job is to get rid of the negativity/rule breakers in the server. It's not meant to sort out personal vendetta's. Which is what is currently happening when the GP Team is being hand picked. These players are using or are being used by other players for their powers and sorting out personal issues with other people. Whether it be jailing them over and over or just banning them for no reason.

But in hindsight, Zodiac needs a fresh head of staff members who will not only work, but be more close to the playerbase. Which is something the players do want, the last staff member we had who was close to the Zodiac community and actually PK'd with us, was Smirt. Since his departure we've since lost that connection.

I also propose if I may, other globals or even players from other servers come in and take a peek at Zodiac.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:30 PM
Global Administration
Let me make this very clear, Zodiac doesn't need new management and thats the lease of our concerns is trying to replace zodiacs management. Best thing we can do is give them a bit guidance. The first solution should never be "lets just replace zodiacs manager". That should be the last solution if a solution at all.
[email protected]

Old 07-27-2015, 02:47 PM
White Mage
Quote:
Let me make this very clear, Zodiac doesn't need new management and thats the lease of our concerns is trying to replace zodiacs management. Best thing we can do is give them a bit guidance. The first solution should never be "lets just replace zodiacs manager". That should be the last solution if a solution at all.
That would very much help. So much that I think you should just reside on Zodiac. :P Also it helps if you turn on /Shout to check the chats and stuff.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:31 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Constant changes in management can be very destructive to servers, but so can inactivity. It's always important to keep people motivated.
Old 07-29-2015, 12:17 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Zodiac as a server is doing fine anyway, lol.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:12 PM
White Mage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Zodiac as a server is doing fine anyway, lol.
Monk.

And yes, inactivity will eventually kill any server. If nobody wants to be there, then things get out of hand and nothing will get done. Carlito has his RC there so I think him having an ear to the ground will help Zodiac.
Old 07-29-2015, 02:21 PM
Sinkler is a jewel in the roughSinkler is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sinkler
Quote:
Are managers no longer permitted to request server resets from the PWA?

If you need to get in contact with me, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that."

-John Stuart Mill
Old 07-29-2015, 05:51 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinkler View Post
Are managers no longer permitted to request server resets from the PWA?
One inherent problem with server resets is that things will invariably return to the way they were a few months later unless actual changes are made to the game itself. The only thing that server-wide account resets tend to do is clear rare items and other earnings off of players and make them start over.

That is not going to keep players around. It's going to infuriate them and make them quit, because some of them have invested a lot of time in it.

Honestly, Zodiac needs to keep expanding its content. There's plenty of room on the overworld map, and the level cap has never been raised beyond 60, probably due to the presence of endgame dungeons.

There's also a very limited amount of quests, and few other things besides PvP activities and Events to keep players busy when they've maxed out their levels and specialized their statistics.

However, I would suggest doing small releases over time and not massive 'V#' updates, because that takes way too long, and there's a higher risk of failure involved.