Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 04:16 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
laggy server

lately the server has been lagging a LOT (for everyone, not just me). it's not a ping-related lag, it simply lags for like 5seconds whilst maybe ur shooting someone and being shot at. only after that time the hits are recorded. this has been happening every day constantly for like a month or so..

as many of u guys remember, about a year ago the server was moved from east coast usa to west coast usa. the server change was a downgrade since the ppl on the west coast had very little benefits and the ppl on the east coast started lagging like hell (some americans run at 100-150ping), as well as penalising europeans a lot: my lag used to go down to 150, now it's minimum is 190 but i'm usually averaging ****ing 250ms which really sicks, i invite any of u to try pking with such a high lag. i pay for a 8mega internet and average 6-7mega download speed: it's an average connection which works perfect with any other game..i don't get host on COD but i'm always on a 4bar (4 out of 4) connection.

i realise that Tim and the era staff team can't do anything (although i don't exclude that the lags we've been seeing lately are caused by the change of gmap), so i invite the global staff team (in specific unixmad and stefan who actually have the power to give us a decent server like we once used to have) to do something about this. give us the server of zodiac or some other game where ping is not as crucial as as on era..and preferably on the east coast, if it's not gonna be in europe
Old 03-28-2012, 04:21 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
(although i don't exclude that the lags we've been seeing lately are caused by the change of gmap)
It's not.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:25 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
kk, i'm not an expert in the field, i just pointed it out since this lag started recently, and so was the gmap changed recently.
do u know what might be causing it? the lag has been high in the past year after the server change but there have never been so many constant freezes (u get approximately 1 freeze every 5 minutes, ALL ****ING DAY LONG) where you see the other players moving while it's lagging but hits aren't detected, you can't enter doors, you can't drop items.....
Old 03-28-2012, 04:30 PM
thegamep2p is on a distinguished road
I use to have a ping of 50ms, it is now 110-150ms. I don't even mind that part. The part I mind is when the server lags out so badly its impossible to play. You can't even reload your gun or hurt other players. You can't enter or exit inside levels. You waste workers pots when you're mining because the lag makes it impossible to mine. I can't believe people actually pay for this game in this condition, (classic account). It seems every-time an event is hosted during prime hours the server can't handle it making the events un-enjoyable.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:33 PM
thegamep2p is on a distinguished road
I'd like to add that I noticed my ms jump from 50-100 in the last year. This month the server lag and the ms for everyone has been a lot higher +25-50. I am guessing he downgraded even further or something is ****y.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:33 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
A lot of the significant 'lag' for nearly all Playerworld machines has been caused by a broken backup system running during a 'prime' time for NA. Stefan and unix have been working on it in the last few days, and I believe it's running right now.

Also the server is located in Dallas, TX. Zodiac and Era are on the same server.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:35 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
It takes a few seconds to update an NPC on Delteria D:
Old 03-28-2012, 04:45 PM
Era since 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
A lot of the significant 'lag' for nearly all Playerworld machines has been caused by a broken backup system running during a 'prime' time for NA. Stefan and unix have been working on it in the last few days, and I believe it's running right now.

Also the server is located in Dallas, TX. Zodiac and Era are on the same server.
i heard west coast, but w.e..the fact is that no1 benefited from the server change and everyone except those living close to dallas were highly penalised..everyone's ping has risen (i'm talking about the server change that occurred approximately a year ago)

i've also been recieving pms saying stuff like: "who cares anyways stefan has iphone apps now he duznt give a crap about era, he'll just shut it down soon." the fact is that stefan can't shut down era unless he declares bankrupt, since he's sold a lot of potions/gold accounts and i doubt that he'd refund everyone. i also know by fact that stefan is not at all interested in selling era, so it's in his own interest to make this server as good as possible..especially since playercount has been quite high lately and will get higher with the summer
Old 03-28-2012, 04:50 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Quote:
i heard west coast, but w.e..the fact is that no1 benefited from the server change and everyone except those living close to dallas were highly penalised..everyone's ping has risen (i'm talking about the server change that occurred approximately a year ago)

i've also been recieving pms saying stuff like: "who cares anyways stefan has iphone apps now he duznt give a crap about era, he'll just shut it down soon." the fact is that stefan can't shut down era unless he declares bankrupt, since he's sold a lot of potions/gold accounts and i doubt that he'd refund everyone. i also know by fact that stefan is not at all interested in selling era, so it's in his own interest to make this server as good as possible..especially since playercount has been quite high lately and will get higher with the summer
Just a couple of small things.

1. From the TOS we all signed when we made accounts (and I think resigned when we downloaded old clients?), they're not obligated to refund you any money, ever, for any reason. You know, they're ****s like that.

2. As much as I hate to say it, I think stefan's better off working on iPhone. If he can net a few thousand players there (what, don't they operate at around 10 or more times all of PC graal's playercount?) on iPhone servers, most of whom are dumb kids who don't mind paying 20$ for a hat or a head, then..well, that's business, which you should know a lot about.

Wish he would consider selling PC Graal as a whole, though. He could keep his iPhone business, and then maybe someone decent could take over.

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:58 PM
Era since 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoper View Post
Just a couple of small things.

1. From the TOS we all signed when we made accounts (and I think resigned when we downloaded old clients?), they're not obligated to refund you any money, ever, for any reason. You know, they're ****s like that.

2. As much as I hate to say it, I think stefan's better off working on iPhone. If he can net a few thousand players there (what, don't they operate at around 10 or more times all of PC graal's playercount?) on iPhone servers, most of whom are dumb kids who don't mind paying 20$ for a hat or a head, then..well, that's business, which you should know a lot about.

Wish he would consider selling PC Graal as a whole, though. He could keep his iPhone business, and then maybe someone decent could take over.
1. i think it regards expired gold accounts. u can't sell something to somebody and then delete the server before he has the chance to use his product, agreement or not.

2. he can work on both iera and era..any1 pro at iera will eventually find out that there's a better version of the same game (no offence snk, but it's harder to make a quality product on iphone than on pc) and start playing real era anyways. and he's making a lot of money with gelats so there's no reason to just quit because he has another source of income
Old 03-28-2012, 08:55 PM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
Who's idea was it to put Era and Zodiac together on the same server? It just ends up in laggy hell.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:35 PM
Chi Patrol
taylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to all
been like that since day 1 ^ ^ ^
Old 03-28-2012, 09:44 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Quote:
1. i think it regards expired gold accounts. u can't sell something to somebody and then delete the server before he has the chance to use his product, agreement or not.

2. he can work on both iera and era..any1 pro at iera will eventually find out that there's a better version of the same game (no offence snk, but it's harder to make a quality product on iphone than on pc) and start playing real era anyways. and he's making a lot of money with gelats so there's no reason to just quit because he has another source of income
If you don't mind reading an all caps piece of ****, here's the section that clearly outlines their ability to screw people out of money
"LINUX CYBERJOUEURS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES OR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) IN CONNECTION WITH THE GRAAL ONLINE SYSTEM OR WITH ANY OTHER PRODUCT OR SERVICE PROVIDED BY THE GRAAL ONLINE WEBSITE."

to be clear, pecuniary is synonymous with monetary or financial.

Era isn't better than iEra, from a seller's standpoint. Their scripts are half-broken, most still have gs1 components, they have tim for a manager..this is the start of what could be a huge list of sadness.
--Era has the potential to be better, sure. But they aren't.

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:48 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
welcome to every single day as euro graalian. sup
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:04 PM
!
Andre2006 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Andre2006
I've been sitting on 190-250 MS daily on 100/10 Mbit fiber connection for the past 1 and a half year now. Nothing has changed for me. But then, EU and US shouldn't be on the same server ever if you want a lag free enviroment.