Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-07-2005, 10:11 PM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
Closing Threads

Why are threads being closed so much. WHY? We already have an abundance of people's posts being deleted, so why are threads being closed as well. It makes absolutely no sense to go through a thread and delete all of the 'innapproaite' posts and then close the thread.

Wake up.

Oh, and don't tell me to make a support ticket. And don't close this thread.

Also, if you do delete someone's post, don't leave this as a reason:

Quote:
you should no better =(
Old 11-07-2005, 10:17 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
It should be mandatory when a mod deletes a post to specify exactly which rule the post broke.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:18 PM
oh snaps
napo_p2p has a spectacular aura aboutnapo_p2p has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to napo_p2p Send a message via MSN to napo_p2p
Agreed.

(Yay, I replied before this thread is closed).
Tempus neminem non manet.
Noli manere tempus.
Carpe Diem

Seize the Day.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:19 PM
Banned
protagonist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to protagonist Send a message via MSN to protagonist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi
It should be mandatory when a mod deletes a post to specify exactly which rule the post broke.
Yes.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:25 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
And, of course, the same would go for closing a thread.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:50 PM
I just went through the rules and it says nothing about discussing forum rules/actions. So, common logic tells us that this thread should not be closed.

The wrong posts are being deleted. If someone says: "Dude, you are a douchebag, I can't believe you could be so stupid. Try not being a *****, okay?" Then that's fine to be deleted. However, posts that are debate, borderline heated debate, but not personal debate, are being deleted. It's rediculous. And I see absolutely no reason to close a thread. Closing a thread should be used only for threads that, when started, have no point or are spam.

Recently a thread was closed about access violations. Now I'm sure people will argue what the problem was solved, but what if someone still has the same problem? And they read that thread. It should still be open.

People disagree with people. That's why people post on the forums. Allow them to disagree. Allow them to debate. It's why they're here.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:53 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:12 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
The topic in the GK forums was closed because there was an official announcement made. But still, I think it would've been nicer to just move it to the main forums, since it entailed some finer details as to what Velox was doing. Those could've been useful to people who may not know whether or not their accounts have been sabotaged or not. And speaking of which...

I'm tellin' y'all it's

Had to be reposted. <5 @ Beastie Boys
Old 11-07-2005, 11:34 PM
Fry has a spectacular aura about
I'd also like to see the entire discussion removed instead of just the part where the attacked one is defending himself.

Top 3 servers at the moment (players):

Old 11-07-2005, 11:39 PM
Minoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud of
I couldn't agree more.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:57 PM
The funny part is, Administration will look at this and be annoyed because people are disagreeing with them instead of actually trying to make a positive change for what the players want.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:39 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Mykel:
When I close a thread, I post why I close it
The thread about the "rumor about Malinko" was closed because it was already established that Malinko is pwa, and the thread was becoming a battleground for people to attack Malinko. If Malinko wishes to make a thread announcing his becoming a pwa, he can feel free to do so...

The post that you are referring to: the person who made the post, will know what he posted, therefore he will know why I said what I said, and if he doesn't, he can simply ask
Also, the one closed about access violations was probably closed because there was more than 1...not sure without looking.

Fry: I simply overlooked those posts, as I forum PM'ed you, because I had to go...and the entire discussion does not always have to be removed if there are parts of it that are appropriate.

Keep in mind, all the info is still there for people to read in the threads that were closed. There is no sense having several threads spread everywhere with the same discussion.

Also, if there are ever any questions, I can always be forum PM'ed.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 11-08-2005, 12:47 AM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
Some threads should be closed, so they dont get out of hand. I disagree with some closed ones, but usually its for a good reason...usually
Old 11-08-2005, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159
Mykel:
When I close a thread, I post why I close it
The thread about the "rumor about Malinko" was closed because it was already established that Malinko is pwa, and the thread was becoming a battleground for people to attack Malinko. If Malinko wishes to make a thread announcing his becoming a pwa, he can feel free to do so...

The post that you are referring to: the person who made the post, will know what he posted, therefore he will know why I said what I said, and if he doesn't, he can simply ask
Also, the one closed about access violations was probably closed because there was more than 1...not sure without looking.

Fry: I simply overlooked those posts, as I forum PM'ed you, because I had to go...and the entire discussion does not always have to be removed if there are parts of it that are appropriate.

Keep in mind, all the info is still there for people to read in the threads that were closed. There is no sense having several threads spread everywhere with the same discussion.

Also, if there are ever any questions, I can always be forum PM'ed.
Yes, we all know that Malinko is PWA. If I make a post about hiring for a server, does that mean that the thread should just be closed? No. Just because a thread has 'served its purpose' doesn't mean that it should be closed. Horrible logic.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:37 AM
Woman
Lyndzey is a jewel in the roughLyndzey is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykel
Yes, we all know that Malinko is PWA. If I make a post about hiring for a server, does that mean that the thread should just be closed? No. Just because a thread has 'served its purpose' doesn't mean that it should be closed. Horrible logic.
She didn't just close the thread because it had served its purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonie
and the thread was becoming a battleground for people to attack Malinko.