Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-09-2008, 08:12 AM
Exhausted is infamous around these parts
Rate/hate/criticize my levels.

Main:

Statue room (with no statues!!!):

Bar (can't fkn get my beer to work):

Library (with scripts that somehow work in the level editor but won't work on a server that I believe is GS1!!!):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
you're so evil, graal doesnt need persons like you, you should get global ban
Old 08-09-2008, 02:08 PM
*Shadow (Convoy)
Crono1508 will become famous soon enough
Me personally, the third level is the best out of the four (excluding all the beers it has).

The first one is pretty much a mirrored room, try changing it up a bit.
The second one is somewhat unique in a way I guess, but its final destination is a row of chairs?
The fourth one you have a wall outside in the black on the bottom but not the top portion.

Always remember, practice makes perfect!
Old 08-09-2008, 05:55 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
UN

UN

UN

UN

Please PLEASE don't LAT your insides like they do. The style they use for (for example) the ET house is nice and all but only works for that specific level. Your walls are lacking, they are short, and not very visually attractive.

The fourth level is my favorite if it wasn't for those black spots and the ugly walls. The floor looks alright though. Overall just keep practicing, that's all there is to it.

p.s You can use alt + 1 to take full level screenshots.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:27 PM
farte6 is an unknown quantity at this point
2nd option
Old 08-09-2008, 11:39 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
very nice.

although on the first one, it seems like there should be tiles lining around the barrels.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono1508 View Post
Me personally, the third level is the best out of the four (excluding all the beers it has).

The first one is pretty much a mirrored room, try changing it up a bit.
The second one is somewhat unique in a way I guess, but its final destination is a row of chairs?
The fourth one you have a wall outside in the black on the bottom but not the top portion.

Always remember, practice makes perfect!

Well, the second one is just basically supposed to have a bunch of statues along the walls, so I wasn't quite sure what to put in the small corridors in the level. About the fourth one: I have a bad short term memory and I forgot to put it in. Oh, and the beers disappear when you enter the level, but I should have taken them out for the pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
UN

UN

UN

UN

Please PLEASE don't LAT your insides like they do. The style they use for (for example) the ET house is nice and all but only works for that specific level. Your walls are lacking, they are short, and not very visually attractive.

The fourth level is my favorite if it wasn't for those black spots and the ugly walls. The floor looks alright though. Overall just keep practicing, that's all there is to it.

p.s You can use alt + 1 to take full level screenshots.
LOL yeah, I'm nooby with making decent walls. I guess I'll try not to level like UN does, then, but usually when I need examples of something to learn off of, I use that server o_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
very nice.

although on the first one, it seems like there should be tiles lining around the barrels.
Yeah, you're right.

Thanks for the replies
Quote:
Old 08-10-2008, 03:39 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted View Post
I guess I'll try not to level like UN does, then, but usually when I need examples of something to learn off of, I use that server o_o
I blame PWA for not forcing UN to upgrade a lot of it's levels, it's setting a bad example for future LATs as they have no other examples to follow without digging through this forum.

Just keep practicing though.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Am I the only one who looks at Valikorlian levels for improvement?
Best of the classic tabbed servers IMHO
Old 08-10-2008, 03:00 PM
How does one go about learning to level with pics1 on Valikorlia?
I just go on there and get jailed =o

Also, UN barely has any Dev staff. Everytime I walk into the staff shack, I see less and less Dev staff. The few LATs are inactive, minus Xelt, but I disbelief he'd want to fix 50% of UN's levels (I dunno what you think, but a lot of the newest ones are nice IMO).
Quote:
Old 08-10-2008, 05:47 PM
Quote:
The few LATs are inactive, minus Xelt, but I disbelief he'd want to fix 50percent of UN's levels (I dunno what you think, but a lot of the newest ones are nice IMO).
Newest ones are def nice but too few. I randomly help them out when I'm bored and feel like LATing with good ol' pics1.png again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmeh View Post
Am I the only one who looks at Valikorlian levels for improvement?
Best of the classic tabbed servers IMHO
From the start Valikorlia always had bad levels compared to the servers around it. There are only a handful of good developers that had made quality levels (Wyand's Frost, Zazen's Greendale). It's the really pretty tilesets that help boost it's image.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:29 PM
farte6 is an unknown quantity at this point
yea val has the best tileset on graal that isnt utilized in the best way throughout the entire server. Never liked their trees much though.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:09 PM
I sure hate it when my level editor freezes out, lmao.
I just lost 30 minutes of work :cryingface:
Quote:
Old 08-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
a server that I believe is GS1!!!):
No server "is" GS1. All servers have GS1 enabled, but they're all GS2. Also, GS1 is outdated and when you said it works offline but not online, it leads me to believe you've forgot a //#CLIENTSIDE.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 08-11-2008, 02:14 PM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
Quote:
I sure hate it when my level editor freezes out, lmao.
I just lost 30 minutes of work :cryingface:
Ctrl+S
Old 08-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
No server "is" GS1. All servers have GS1 enabled, but they're all GS2. Also, GS1 is outdated and when you said it works offline but not online, it leads me to believe you've forgot a //#CLIENTSIDE.
Then how come when UN converted from GS1 to GS2 (or at least had GS2 capability added to it), a lot of it's older scripts "broke"?

Anyway, the //#CLIENTSIDE bit you added in the message may be helpful, so thank you.
Quote: