Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone > Information
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-19-2004, 01:41 PM
It´s hard being nice -_-
Garel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Garel Send a message via AIM to Garel Send a message via Yahoo to Garel
Zone Guide

ZONE GUIDE 1.0

Getting Started

You´ll enter Zone and find yourself in space with some planet floating around the "Sun".
Each planet takes you to a different Dropship and a differnet Gameplay Zone.
You can choose each by pressing the direction buttoms and select/enter them by pressing "Space"

At the moment there are:

*Alpha (Team Deathmatch)
*Wild Cross (Capture The Flag)
*Irica (Domination)

You begin your thrilling killing adventure inside the Hangar of one of the Dropships.
Players run around you like hell and trying to kill each other even being not in the battle zone -_-
Time to prepare for battle

The Basics:

Movement:

You move your player with the direction Arrows or by using your right mouse buttom.
Selected Weaopns are fired with "S" or "D"
You´ll get your Inventory with "Q" and use Terminals and other things with "A"

When clicking with the right mouse buttom on your own or an other player, the status window opens.There you can see things like Kills,Deaths,Money,Exp,Class and Team.

Strafe:

You can strafe by holding your "Shift" pressed.

Fast Run:
When pressing the direction buttom 2 times, you´ll run faster a few seconds.

Communication:

While fighting you can chat with your team members by typing a " ' " infront of every text.
" 'got base 4 meh l33t " Usualy its on the same buttom like # just use "shift + #" to get a ' .

The Terminals:

On each Dropship there are the same Terminals.

The Information-Terminal:
Here you can get some basic Information like a short introduction to the Storyline or the well made mini credits ^_^ß

The Outfit Terminal:

Here you can change your appereance by stepping on the platform and pressing "A".
(we are working on more things to choose)

The Class-Terminal:
At the Class-Terminal you can get your class and your full arsenal of weapons.
Each class has more or less different weapons to use. Just try out the weapons at the shoting range and use the ones which you like most for killing people You´ll get a feeling for each by them time.

The Team-Terminal:

Each Dropship has its own Teams. You can choose them at the Terminal by selecting it with your mouse. If you can´t select a Team, there could be allready to many players in this team so just join another. One of them does allways work

The Teleporter:

After you got your weapons and joing a Team, you can enter the Teleporter at the Dropship.
It will take you right into the Battlefield. Be carefull because you can be dead within the next minute so get out your gun as fast as you can

Last edited by Garel; 12-19-2004 at 03:34 PM..
Old 12-19-2004, 01:42 PM
It´s hard being nice -_-
Send a message via ICQ to Garel Send a message via AIM to Garel Send a message via Yahoo to Garel
The Battlefields:

The Barrels:

There are two barrels ingame at the moment.
One of them explodes after shooting at it or hitting it with a Hoverbike and the other one explodes and puts some green slime on the ground. BE CAREFUL this slime slows you down like hell when stepping on it and it also hurts you for a certain amount of damage.So better use it as a weapon instead of taking a bath yourself. The Chemical Tropper class can use this slime as a weapon.

The Teleporters:

Teleporter 1:
Inside buildings like Teambase or Hideouts there are small teleporters which can bring you back to the Dropship.Thats sometimes helpfull when 4 enemys are trying to kill you

Teleporter 2:
On battlefields like the Team Deathmatch one, there a platforms with some particle effects floating around it You have to step on them and wait 15 seconds.Then you will be brought back to the Dropship.If you have luck you can escape before the enemy gets you.

The Gameplay Modes:

So you just entered a battlezone and don´t know what to do?
ok -_-

The Team Deathmatch:

In this this Mode you´re only mission is to kill everyone whos not in the same team like you.
No rules, no restrictions, great fun
Just walk around the map and kill the red dots on your radar. The green ones are your Teammates

Capture the Flag:

You will start at your own Teambase.Your mission is to get the other Teams Flag and bring it back to your own. You can carry the flag just by running into it. Using your weapons or pressing "A" will throw the Flag away so just run like hell back to your base and hope that noones crossing your way (except for Teammates who wants to protect you)
But you don´t have to get the flag by yourself. Another important thing in CTF is to protect your own base and prevent the other Team from getting your flag.

Domination:

You´ll start in the frozen cold snowy arctic of Irica at your own base.Your Mission: Try to claim 5 bases for your Team. This is the first Zone where you can use Hoverbikes to move faster then normal.
They a hard to use, but after 2 min. you can drive them without thinking
The enemy have the same Mission like you, so you will meet many of them at the several bases you want to claim.You could get a base and protect it or you just run from base to base and hope to be fast enough to get all bases before the enemy does

Old 12-19-2004, 01:42 PM
It´s hard being nice -_-
FAQ

I cant see my text!
At the upper right corner of your Screen is a small buttom.There you ca change your text color

Where can I buy weapons?
You can´t buy weapons. You´ll get all you need by choosing a class at the Class-Terminal.

How do I get money?
By killing other players, be in the winning team on Irica or get a flag from the enemy.

How do I get Exp?
By killing other players, be in the winning team on Irica or get a flag from the enemy.

What does Exp do?
With more experience you get higher ranks. Some items require you to be in a certain rank, e.g. for the Muramasa and Plasma Sabre you need to be at least in the "Soldier" rank (4000 exp).

Im stuck in the Wall!
Just say unstick me, and you will be brought back to the start star scene

How can I get on the other Dropships?
Go into the hangar and walk down into space.

I can´t move!
Restart Graal

I can´t see the Hover Bike when using it!
Restart Graal X_X

Im stuck in space!
Restart Graal -_-

How do I leave a game?
Look for Teleporters inside bases,or outside in the Battlefield.
They will bring you back to the Dropship.

How can I get a Sword?
Different Classes have different Weapons just play around with them.
The Defender Class for example has a Lightsaber.

Im walking slow!
You had contact with some green slime.It takes some time until you move normal again.

How do I get a better Rank like "Soldier" ?
You need to get more exp to get new ranks.

Whats Bounty?
The amount of Bounty raises with your time not being killed on a battlefield and with every player you kill.If you kill a enemy with 8 bounty, you will get 4 exp.

------------------------------------------------------

Reload Guide
By: Gambet

Well, I was just on right now trying to figure out how many times you can shoot with each weapon before it reloads, with the thought that this will hopefully help you all while fighting. When I use the Ap Appirces, I always count how many times I have already shot, so that I can know when I will reload. This has helped me out numerous of times, and is a good strategy. Find your favorite weapon, memorize the shots per clip, and hopefully it will help you become a better fighter on Zone.

NOTE: The weapons listed below are only the weapons that require you to reload. All weapons that were not listed do not require you to reload. Please remember that the reloading of weapons is done manually. You may all not notice it, but it is done manually. Read the second note to see how that works.

NOTE #2: If one of the weapons, for example, says 20 shots per clip, then that means that after you have shot 20 times, the next time you press the fire button it will reload.

One (1) AP Appirce - 16 shots per clip

Dual AP Appirces - 8 shots per clip

SMG - 25 shots per clip

LR Pulsar - 50 shots per clip

Flame Thrower "D" Attack - 5 shots per clip

Flame Thrower "S" Attack - 50 shots per clip

Kv24 - 20 shots per clip

Enhancedpulsar - 35 shots per clip

Chaingun - 100 shots per clip

One (1) AP Ripper - 12 shots per clip

Dual AP Ripper - 6 shots per clip

One (1) Dh18 - 12 shots per clip

Dual Dh18 - 6 shots per clip

One (1) G18 - 20 shots per clip

Dual G18 - 20 shots per clip

Shotgun - 2 shots per clip

KR90 - 24 shots per clip

Crossbow - 1 shot per clip

Erbeamer - 70 shots per clip

Goonadier - 18 shots per clip

Gravitron - 20 shots per clip

Last edited by VulcanP2P; 11-28-2005 at 02:14 AM..
Old 12-19-2004, 01:53 PM
GP Asst. Admin
FenixTheBanished is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to FenixTheBanished
Nice freakin guide. WAY better than I would of done.
Old 12-19-2004, 03:45 PM
Fogy is on a distinguished road
Whats the bounty?
Old 12-19-2004, 04:07 PM
It´s hard being nice -_-
thx, added

Old 12-19-2004, 04:10 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quite nice!
Old 12-19-2004, 04:50 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Ok updated the FAQ post, added the rank requirement for Muramasa and Plasma Sabre
Old 12-19-2004, 05:03 PM
Future Coder
Sum41Freeeeek is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Sum41Freeeeek
Can you post how much EXP you need for each rank?
omg just go to your room and draw a pony then

**** the chicken wings!
Old 12-19-2004, 05:21 PM
Mister 1,000,000
GoZelda will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GoZelda Send a message via MSN to GoZelda
Nice. Pity it's gold too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
stefan is satan
I am the best.
[URL removed]Music or aural pollution?
Old 12-20-2004, 01:07 AM
<3
Moonite is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Moonite Send a message via Yahoo to Moonite
Great Work Garel
Old 12-20-2004, 04:56 PM
Graalian since 1998
osrs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to osrs Send a message via AIM to osrs Send a message via MSN to osrs Send a message via Yahoo to osrs
Congratulations, you did a great work.
Old 12-24-2004, 08:32 PM
The Great Nappa
Nappa is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Nappa
I think you should add those other guys class guides onto this, instead of having them seperate threads. Or atleast sticky them.
Old 12-24-2004, 11:00 PM
SergeTrigger is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SergeTrigger Send a message via Yahoo to SergeTrigger
<3 I would be honored if you used my Ranking Chart. :-D
Old 12-25-2004, 12:31 AM
It´s hard being nice -_-
The Class Guide

These Information were given me by syltburk and FenixTheBanished who offered great time to bring you this Zone Class Guides

As a reminder :
The Class-Terminal:
At the Class-Terminal you can get your class and your full arsenal of weapons.
Each class has more or less different weapons to use. Just try out the weapons at the shoting range and use the ones which you like most for killing people You´ll get a feeling for each by them time.

The Weapons:

Grenade:
The "little brother" to the frag grenade, dont be afraid to use it thought since it can be good destroying mines.
Projectile thrown at enemy, when it hits it does good damage. Easy to aim, and high manevurability.

FragGrenade:
Good to throw into their bases making them leave or die, as I said does Grenades always come in handy against mines. Both if you want to blow them up if they come with a scooter that has a chance to run through.
Projectile thrown at enemy, when it hits it does good damage. Easy to aim, and high manevurability.

Proxmine:
Excellent for defense and annoyness, lay them everywhere because sometime someone will run into these and it will hurt.
Small black mine that applies to the ground. Blows up when neared, moderate damage. Can be destroyed with motor/nade. (unsure of guns, PM me and let me know)

GasGrenade:
I honestly got no Idea what these do, I have ran into alot of em but it seems like the doesn't affect me even if an enemy have layed it?
As it says.

Apripper:
You can use these as duals, I like appirces more but its nothing wrong with these. (Handguns).
One round, fairly straight moderately damaging pistol. Good when dual wielded, and supports medium and close range battle.

Appirces:
In my opinion the best handgun in Zone so far, use it because it comes in handy alot of times. Does a pretty good damage and is easier to get hits with then other guns.
My favorite gun. Two rounds from each gun, in a shotgun spray manner. 8 Shots dual weilded until need for reload. Moderately high damage, high manevurability.

Gr18:
These is good because they are like uzis, they shoot really fast but they still arent hard to get hits with. Still I would give the advise to use ANOTHER gun because there is a lot better then this. How much bullets you can shoot doesn't really count that much here.
Small, 5 round automatic pistol. Has alot of spray, and is best used dual weilded in short range.

Dh18:
Energy gun, waste of much bullet as you want. What I think is good with energy guns is that you can hit them even if they are laming behind a bunker, they will have to move backwards which makes them unable to shoot. But then you cant hit them either,(They must be close to the bunker).

Shotgun:
A gun that people call lame (I do it) but you shouldn't be afraid to use this one because it is good, it is easy to hit with and does good damage.
2 round, 12 gauge pump shotgun. Great in all situations, however, shoot-stop, reload-stop is abit hard to deal with. There are afew glitches in it, but all around a good gun.

Erbeamer:
I only use it when im out off ammo with lightinfantry (which doesn't happen alot) This is a energy weapon and isnt really that bad.
Energy/ammo quick rate rifle, two bullets fly out rather quick with wide spray. Saps energy quick, and only has 50 default ammo. Not good for the spray and pray type. Good manevurability.

Smg:
A good weapon, shoots fast and does a fairly good damage. Good for using it with marine with the speed.
25 round automatic rifle, fairly straight but has spray 100 pixels or so out. Offers less manevurability than the kv24, but is faster.

Crossbow:
Arent we a bit antic now ? Crossbow is actually good if you want to kill this guy really bad. Slows your enemy but it can be hard to get a hit if he got good movement.
Single boat lever-action reload (obviously not lever). Very straight, and good damage. Good for long range, or when hotkeys come into play. Not a good close range, but does okay in medium range. Also has a slow feature (like stepping in the goonadier).

Kr90:
Dont like this weapon. Its like a version of ak 47<(kv24) but does only shoots 3 bullets and then there is some delay untill you can shoot again.
Pistol shape, but three-round burst rifle action. High spray, semi-narrow, with high manevurability. Good damage, best used in Close and medium combat.

Kv24:
Best ranged gun in my opinion, the bullets can go everywhere but aslong as you move ALOT then you will get the hits that you need. Does a good damage and shoots bullets fairly fast.
Automatic Rifle, abit slower than the SMG but alot more manevurability, and higher damage output. Straighter shots, and abit more controlled spray. Great in any situation.

Irpulsar:
This was the first weapon that I started using alot, I liked (as I told you before) how you could get hits even if they were hiding behind barrels. Doesn't do a good damage but it shoots fast and when you get a hit you will probably get more hits (good chance).
Perfectly straight energy crossbow (instyle), saps 4-5 energy (+ cooldown) per shot. Best used in groups, and long range. Avoid using until getting hotkeys

Gravitron:
This is a good weapon when you are meeting multiply enemys comming from different ways shooting like mad because this gun shoots 6-8 bullets in each direction. It drains alot of energy so when you're out of energy you will have to wait which will make the enemys being able to kill you.
Energy counterpart to the shotgun, 12 bullets of low damage are widely sprayed with no reload time (energy use though), with low ammo withheld. Okay in medium, but great in close range.

Mortar:
Mortar is for the heavy infantry, this comes in handy when you are taking over a base. Does good damage and moves the enemy out of the base. The negative thing here is that you cant move with the gun so if it comes someone you are a very easy target if you arent fast enough.
One-way Mortar. Launches rocket shells 900 pixels away (just ouside of a default 1024x768 graal screen, the default that is). High damage, but very limited mobility.

Rocket Launcher:
Oh man where should I start, I had 3000 cash so I decided to test it using all my cash for it. I were playing with it for 1 hour and this gun is sooo much abuse when it comes to defense (you can only use it in the base that you have taken over at the platform). It targets the enemy by itself and excsists for 8 SECONDS.. You get alot of free kills by this, you just need to wait for them and then blow them up shooting loads of bullets.
The negative things is that they can kill your team mates if they are close too the bullet when it explodes. It costs much (1 bullet is 25 cash) and you might waste these as you're getting a bit hungry after kills when they doesn't come.

Combat knife:
Good in close combats but if you havnt got plasma sabre and Muramasa I would stay with the gun.
short, slow, but lethal. Moderate damage, close range, high manevurability. Good weapon to have on hotkey, but not a main

Muramasa:
Good damage, much kills if the enemy doesn't pay attention and its good when someone rushes into a base to take it over fast with a scooter.
The negative thing is that the player always can keep out of range changing the directions but at the same time shooting you to death. You need a good movement here.
Katana like sword, when swong does 50 + damage. Close range combat, incredible manevurability, and has a Rank displacement. [Must be Soldier to weild.

Plasma Sabre:
Same as above.
-You need 4000 experience points to use muramasa and plasma sabre-.

Electron:
Short range tazer, deals high damage and is very quick. High manevuability with it, but very limited.

Goonadier:
Slow, short range muck is displayed from this weapon. Sticks to the ground, and does moderate damage upon hitting the target. Does 5 damage per step walked onto it, and makes victim very slow. Best used in groups or with hotkeys.