Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 02:25 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Minor Projectile Issues

A couple of years ago on Classic, when using projectiles with 0 gravity, and a speed of 1, which makes them travel over walls and only collide with NPCs and players, the projectiles weren't destroying when going out of bounds (as in outside of the level or map coordinates), this was causing excessive amounts of server cpu useage, and was subsequently fixed so the projectiles were destroyed.

However while the projectile objects are destroyed serverside, they seem to remain Clientside until you leave the level, it's usually not a problem, but if you do stay within the same level where projectiles are shot from this can lag your client quite alot.

Something else i've noticed is that while you're on a gmap, and there are projectiles that have gravity in mid flight at the point of you entering another level on the map, they destroy clientside and onActionProjectile2 is called, this is somewhat of a problem if you have projectiles that do stuff like drop an explosion clientside upon landing .
Old 09-22-2009, 10:50 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
I must say I've never come across this bug.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 09-22-2009, 02:46 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
With the first issue, i'm still seeing the gani scripts listed after doing a showscriptstats, and i'm echoing level.projectiles.size() which for me indicates that the amount isn't decreasing when they go out of bounds.

The second issue is something that I would expect to be more noticeable,
it's happening with normal wall hitting projectiles which are presumably more common place, definately seems to occur 100% percent of the time I cross into another level on a map and on the exact second I do so.
Gravity and Z of 1, Strength and ZAngle of 0.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:40 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
while you're on a gmap, and there are projectiles that have gravity in mid flight at the point of you entering another level on the map, they destroy clientside and onActionProjectile2 is called, this is somewhat of a problem if you have projectiles that do stuff like drop an explosion clientside upon landing .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
The second issue is something that I would expect to be more noticeable, it's happening with normal wall hitting projectiles which are presumably more common place, definately seems to occur 100 percent of the time I cross into another level on a map and on the exact second I do so.
Gravity and Z of 1, Strength and ZAngle of 0.
Angry bump.

This is still happening.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:27 AM
Banned