Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-12-2009, 05:41 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
Stefan, if you give us the name of the scripted PM window GUI objects we could probably do it ourselves.
I'm sure you could just loop through like this...

PHP Code:
for (temp.control GUIContainer.controls) {
  echo(
control.name SPC "(" control.objecttype()  @ ")");

Old 04-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
The text of the scripted PM control is not accessible to scripts, so it would be better to try it with normal GuiMLTextEditCtrl and then later give me the code.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:20 PM
_Zelph is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
funny, that system actually was abandoned. it was supposed to be like, the next big thing and draw people to the server, but it was shortly ditched. it was supposed to be like a live chat, where you could send youtube videos attached to the chat, and pictures, coloured fonts, etc. you could aslo upload a picture as your avatar. it's still on unholy dev.

it wasn't that great tbh.
Elizabeth, you're a weirdo.

The system was never abandoned. I'm just waiting for Stefan to get off his fat butt and release a public graal client that supports external windows

And the current version of GIM makes the old one look like utter crap. Your sentiment is understandable since the old one is the only version you've ever seen.

Here's a recent screenshot:

Old 04-14-2009, 09:22 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zelph View Post
Elizabeth, you're a weirdo.

The system was never abandoned. I'm just waiting for Stefan to get off his fat butt and release a public graal client that supports external windows

And the current version of GIM makes the old one look like utter crap. Your sentiment is understandable since the old one is the only version you've ever seen.

Here's a recent screenshot:

i lol'd. looks good, though.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:54 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Hmm.. heres a quick example mockup..
All that stuff is scripted now, so it should be possible to introduce a better system if I understand correctly.

The whole Graal GUI desperately needs a overhaul and some standards set so servers can also follow them in their own GUIs (settings, etc). Removes unnecessary learning curves and just makes the trivial things less tedious.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:40 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
i like the current playerlist, i'd rather have it than have people spamming servers up with their size 36 bolded underlined and italics rainbow coloured font. not to mention it's easier for people to mass pictures, masses are going to be spammed with them.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:24 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Well people can already do that right now, it's just requiring a little bit more effort
Old 01-31-2010, 03:11 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Hmm. Would be neat to actually filter images properly tho? ".jpg" does not mean the file is a picture at all. It just means the extension is .jpg and the computer then knows what application to use to execute/open/run it. You can make harmfull files and rename them to .jpg. So I think filtering just names would be bad, but filter the images correctly. Check headers or what not to verify them? plz.

Anyone know if JavaScript still works in pm's that was highly abusive and used to be used back in the day to scam the hell out of people on Graal Kingdoms. I had that happen to me with my brothers items many many years ago.

Now I am not saying, "OMG pm's epic fail". I am only saying just because no one has found a way to use an image file for abuse sich as the Gif, Tif, and other overflows that I do remember circulating around the internet years ago. But in the same sence, if you leave your wallet on the floor at walmart and no one steals it does it mean thats a safe place to store your money? Not at all, never assume nothing bad will happen (prevent it) before it happens. Great lesson of life to learn everyone.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:47 AM
Banned
12171217 has a spectacular aura about
If this topic wasn't so old and already pretty much remedied, I would praise your analogy.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:54 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Would also be great if a limit was placed on animated smilies in PMs. I assume the text ': D' is just being replaced with the image code for when displaying PMs, so it should be easy to only display 10 or so smilies per PM. We had to block , , , , , , , and on Era because they were being massed out and crashing everyone's client when they opened them.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:00 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
<a href=www.youtube.com style="font-family:System;color:green">Click here!</a>

People f.eks changing the "www.youtube.com" to a **** site.
Then they send it too people on Graal.

I know someone who did that too me.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:58 PM
Empress Door the Unhinged
Door is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to behold
Doesn't Graal already ask you if you want to open the url you're clicking? Pretty sure what you're describing is the exact reason for the implementation of that prompt. If you just read it, you'll see exactly which url you've been hyperlinked.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:00 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
<a href=www.badsite.com style="font-family:System;color:green">www.youtube.com</a>

Would seem like a more malicious thing to do. Either way, never click on links that you're not aware of where it goes. Do urls in PMs show their real url in a hint when you hover over it? If so, then people definitely need to start doing that. Just like you shouldn't click any link on a website without checking the real destination in the status bar first. Even then, you shouldn't be clicking links unless it's from someone you know, or with extreme caution. Even if it's from someone you know, make sure it's a trusted link(I know I've had friends send me questionable links in aim/msn that I dare not even click). Chances are, you're not missing out on anything.

Also, forgot about what Door said... ya Graal asks you first before it links you externally to a website, and shows you the actual url. Come on, people. If you do these sort of things when not only playing Graal, but when browsing the internet as a whole, the world would have a lot less ****ed up computers.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:22 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
<a href=www.badsite.com style="font-family:System;color:green">www.youtube.com</a>

Would seem like a more malicious thing to do. Either way, never click on links that you're not aware of where it goes. Do urls in PMs show their real url in a hint when you hover over it? If so, then people definitely need to start doing that. Just like you shouldn't click any link on a website without checking the real destination in the status bar first. Even then, you shouldn't be clicking links unless it's from someone you know, or with extreme caution. Even if it's from someone you know, make sure it's a trusted link(I know I've had friends send me questionable links in aim/msn that I dare not even click). Chances are, you're not missing out on anything.

Also, forgot about what Door said... ya Graal asks you first before it links you externally to a website, and shows you the actual url. Come on, people. If you do these sort of things when not only playing Graal, but when browsing the internet as a whole, the world would have a lot less ****ed up computers.
Yes.

But actually, I didnt get any box that asked if I wanted to open or close.