Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 07:33 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
For the mobile versions of Graal we plan to introduce a new login system soon. It will still not use passwords (by default) but you have to approve each new installation by email (like computer-id protected accounts right now). Would that also be good for the PC version?
No.

The login process for PC is fine, you just need to fix the issues with the password disappearing and let us change our passwords to whatever we want instead of an 8 character length password that only contains lowercase, uppercase, and numbers.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:38 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
For the mobile versions of Graal we plan to introduce a new login system soon. It will still not use passwords (by default) but you have to approve each new installation by email (like computer-id protected accounts right now). Would that also be good for the PC version?
You're still not getting what we're trying to say. We want to be able to use passwords instead of a jumble of letters and numbers.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Well we are not going to make the passwords more insecure. The new system wouldn't even require passwords, you would only need them to login to the forums or wiki.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:24 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Well we are not going to make the passwords more insecure. The new system wouldn't even require passwords, you would only need them to login to the forums or wiki.
In the other thread you seemed for the idea of letting us choose passwords.

Where do you get your standards for password security because they don't seem like anything that any other sites tend to implement. A short generated password is not very secure when the sign-in method has absolutely no password attempt delay. Graal generated passwords could probably easily be bruted.

Graal is the only site that seems to think it's more secure to generate its password for the users than to let users create their own passwords. Even my bank account lets you make your password.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
In the other thread you seemed for the idea of letting us choose passwords.

Where do you get your standards for password security because they don't seem like anything that any other sites tend to implement. A short generated password is not very secure when the sign-in method has absolutely no password attempt delay. Graal generated passwords could probably easily be bruted.

Graal is the only site that seems to think it's more secure to generate its password for the users than to let users create their own passwords. Even my bank account lets you make your password.
Case and Point.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:57 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
You are proposing a change that relies on PC ID staying unique to our machines but proven by other threads that this is not the case and some including myself have seen their PC IDs change for no reason.

Nobody wants to have to approve every damn computer they use to play Graal on. We are content with the current login process (Enter email/account and password, Login).

This thread is about one thing: Getting our passwords to save properly and not disappear for some unknown reason.

We don't need a new login process, we just need it to remember our passwords.

The password thing is just going off-topic, but that's the only other part that really needs to fixed with Graal PC's login process.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:59 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Yes, but only if the PCID system is fixed (or it uses some other identifier). Right now lots of people share the same PCIDs, for some people PCIDs change every time they restart or even open the client, etc.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:07 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
The funny thing about all of this is that passwords were never a security issue.

The only times we had to worry about our accounts being compromised was at your end, be it whenever there was a leak from the support center or a very corrupt high admin. If my bank lets me choose my own 4-digit number password and every other game that I play (hi, I actually play multiplayer games...like...a lot) let's me choose almost whatever I want, then Graal should too.

Old 03-04-2012, 12:34 AM
!
Andre2006 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Andre2006
My password got cleared cleared today twice when I swapped routers and I had to approve my computer again in order to play.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:51 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
compounding this inconvenience and annoyance is the inability for me to change my email address.

so not only can I not reliably log in, I also have to worry about having to go to some antiquated e-mail address I have no desire to use and dig through thousands of emails to find the one I need
Old 03-04-2012, 05:53 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
For storing the password it uses some information of the computer, including your network hardware. That's why it might get cleared if you switch it.

I proposed the new login system to make stuff simplier, will give more information once we have added it to the mobile version.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
For storing the password it uses some information of the computer, including your network hardware. That's why it might get cleared if you switch it.
Why? I switch my internet between my cable modem and my phone connection all the time and having it cleared just because of that is a bit silly and a huge inconvenience.

What's the purpose in that sort of thing?
Old 03-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Can someone please speak french for us? Clearly Stefan doesn't understand us too well.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:06 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Can someone please speak french for us? Clearly Stefan doesn't understand us too well.
This. He can write in English, but he can't read it.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:16 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
He's German and I'm pretty sure he understands us, just can't express himself the way he wants to.