FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 04:30 PM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Password keeps clearing

My password keeps clearing from v6 client rather than remaining saved, the only thing I can think of that might possibly have caused this was a change in my IP address while I was using a VPN connection and opened the client.

I'm not sure ~why~ the client would feel the need to clear out my password whenever my IP address changes? It gets really frustrating and I just wind up not logging on at all rather than have to go to my inbox and dig out the password once again.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:39 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...hp?t=134265692
Old 02-14-2012, 04:47 PM
Kevin Azite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emera View Post
in the end this is a much more descriptive thread title and poses some actual reasoning for why it may have happened
Old 02-14-2012, 05:03 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
I experienced similar issues when I had VMWare Workstation installed, I'm under the impression the 'password decrypt' formula includes a part of your hardware that's supposed to be unique but it isn't based on your circumstances so your password just gets cleared every time.

You might as well just store your password in a txt file on your computer, or reset it until you get a nice one you can memorize.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:29 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
v5 master race sorry
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:29 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
I believe my password clear was just caused by a Windows Update.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:14 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
v6, Password didn't get cleared, aren't I lucky

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Kept clearing for me too, and spontaneously. I never had it happen before but I opened up v6 the other day and it was cleared. Then I opened it again and cleared again. I have no firewall and it's never happened before so...
Old 02-16-2012, 08:00 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Kept clearing for me too, and spontaneously. I never had it happen before but I opened up v6 the other day and it was cleared. Then I opened it again and cleared again. I have no firewall and it's never happened before so...
When I get the old BSOD happens. But I'm starting to think it's not related because of the issues you guys are having too.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:05 PM
team canada
V6 should be updated to use a different registry key and use %USERNAME% to 'encrypt' the password.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:36 AM
Kevin Azite
this is really dumb and pretty discouraging from logging in
Old 03-03-2012, 04:47 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
V6 should be updated to use a different registry key and use %USERNAME% to 'encrypt' the password.
Even if it was with md5 it would be fine considering we use generated passwords...
Old 03-03-2012, 05:14 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
Even if it was with md5 it would be fine considering we use generated passwords...
Not everyone uses a generated password, and that's still no excuse. Ideally Graal would start using session tokens that are unique to each installation like most other services with a "remember me" feature. Then you could easily void saved sessions if you accidentally checked "remember me" on a friend's computer or something.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:24 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
For the mobile versions of Graal we plan to introduce a new login system soon. It will still not use passwords (by default) but you have to approve each new installation by email (like computer-id protected accounts right now). Would that also be good for the PC version?
Old 03-03-2012, 02:58 PM
!
Andre2006 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Andre2006
Yes what I would like to see is an in-game login like we have, should be able to create a new password without going onto the webpage, and custom passwords please.

I also want to be able to secure my account if I wish like you can now so I have to approve each new computer that tries to access my account.