Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-13-2004, 01:17 PM
-Ramirez- has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by WanDaMan
Ah, so why does graal top 200 states otherwise?
"graal top 200"? wtf

If you're talking about what I think you are... lmao.........
All I know is the settings I have for AIM make it use almost no bandwidth whatsoever when I'm not doing anything on it. I have all of the stupid "tickers" disabled, no ads, nothing that requires any data transfer (significant amounts at least) without me doing it directly.
Old 03-13-2004, 08:27 PM
Banned
LegendaryTsukasa is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to LegendaryTsukasa
Quote:
Okay you 3 with the same sig, make them different. It looks like your spamming it up as one account.
No, we jsut work on that server, and we support it with the banner.

And Graal survives becuase of trials.
Old 03-13-2004, 08:45 PM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
Quote:
Originally posted by LegendaryTsukasa

No, we jsut work on that server, and we support it with the banner.

And Graal survives becuase of trials.
No. Trials hurt graal.
Old 03-13-2004, 10:13 PM
Marcu5 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Marcu5 Send a message via MSN to Marcu5
Depends

Trials can be harmful yet fruitful. They get their friends to play for free and eventually they want a guild or other handy thing and have to pay. Then if its a private server, you get them to pay over and over.

As for the Graal Population thing. When people bought servers, everyone and their mother bought one. Soon after the servers suffered a lack of population because everyone was off working on those servers. People have been slowly going back to the servers after either having failed with their playerworld, or just decided to play the game rather then help build and evolve it.

With many online games being released right now and with so many competitors, I would be thankful for the population we have as is. With the release of some new playerworlds in the future, they will drag more people to Graal. I myself have recruited about 16 in my city to play graal. 4 have not paid yet or are waiting on me to buy their account.

If people just tried to advertise graal a little, and get them involved, we would have a lot more people playing. But it's up to the current servers to release new materials and keep the players happy enough to stay.

Dark Diamond
Old 03-13-2004, 11:17 PM
Former Classic Staff
jake13jake will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by -Ramirez-

"graal top 200"? wtf

If you're talking about what I think you are... lmao.........
All I know is the settings I have for AIM make it use almost no bandwidth whatsoever when I'm not doing anything on it. I have all of the stupid "tickers" disabled, no ads, nothing that requires any data transfer (significant amounts at least) without me doing it directly.
graal top 200... isn't that where all the hacker sites always become #1... Anyways, I've been there... They aren't talking about the AOL Instant Messenger on there, but, instead, the waol.exe that AOL subscribers (have them as their isp) use to connect to the internet.

Commenting on Marcus.... I probably would have discovered Graal a very long time ago if it was actually advertised... Also, it shouldn't be the players who advertise it, it should be Cyberjouers.... Whether it be internet banner ads, store flyers, etc. I know that they do try to advertise it, though they're not very good at it. I didn't even think they tried advertising until i found this page on the internet.
This site is in French, but Unixmad is on it, click here or look below.
Old 03-13-2004, 11:32 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
More people isn't always a good thing. Our community will get more...how should i say this.."complex" and soon the globals won't have time for us. It'll be like that other BIG BIG mmorpg that starts with an R and comes from korea. I like graal just the way it is :/
Old 03-14-2004, 12:30 AM
Former Classic Staff
Quote:
Originally posted by Gerami
More people isn't always a good thing. Our community will get more...how should i say this.."complex" and soon the globals won't have time for us. It'll be like that other BIG BIG mmorpg that starts with an R and comes from korea. I like graal just the way it is :/
Actually... if Cyberjoueurs is responsible enough, they'll probably hire some new staff with some of the profit...
Old 03-14-2004, 10:59 PM
Globals Time

I agree, they would hire more. More players can do nothing but benefit us. There would be more people to interact with, more to fight or spar, more for events and so on. Even if its people who do not pay they still attract more people.

As for people who are young and act immaturely on the game, you cannot stop it in real life, so we cannot say much about them existing in Graal. With more people we will get good and bad.

But we'll all see what happens to graal over the next year or so. Ya never know what will happen, enjoy it all while we can and hope for some good times.

Dark Diamond
Old 03-14-2004, 11:56 PM
marcoR is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by jake13jake

One sly devil..
aim: lorielvictrix
Old 03-15-2004, 12:06 AM
yes

lol yes. Well, I hope they do advertise but it is often hard to advertise something worldwide unless you have cash coming out of your rear. I am not sure how rich cyberjoures is but I am sure they cant. Not so much us advertising, I meant more like people show their friends and such. That's how I got so many in my city to play. Just talked about it, showed them stuff, got them involved.

Dark Diamond
Old 03-15-2004, 01:12 AM
-Left forever-
thelostviking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to thelostviking Send a message via AIM to thelostviking
To my time i found graal over a fansite but i really started playing with 2.0.
But i was a offline player already @ 1.28
Old 03-15-2004, 01:30 AM
Too Long

My friend Orien had found graal back in 98 but I didnt have a computer at my moms and my friends all played console so i paid little attention to it. We would play it now and then.

We kept playing it though for some reason then I forgot about it when he moved away. About half a year later a friend of mine Chris, was like yea Graal blah blah I was like oh yea Graal.

This was back when Classic had 300 people on all the time before p2p, the golden days.

I had my own computer by this point and continued to play from there on in.

So about 4 to 5 years for me. I've played on Classic, UN when Classic went to crap after p2p and everyone left (a little after classes like vampires were out on classic and before had mixed feelings), then stayed on UN for about half a year then moved to valikorlia just as they closed it down for new val, then worked on new val until I went back to classic/UN ready to quit Graal. Then the whole buy your own server thing was told to me and I decided to give it a shot before leaving.

Dark Diamond
Old 03-15-2004, 02:02 AM
Former Classic Staff
Re: yes

Quote:
Originally posted by Marcu5
lol yes. Well, I hope they do advertise but it is often hard to advertise something worldwide unless you have cash coming out of your rear. I am not sure how rich cyberjoures is but I am sure they cant. Not so much us advertising, I meant more like people show their friends and such. That's how I got so many in my city to play. Just talked about it, showed them stuff, got them involved.
Graal should add advertisements to it's website to generate money in order to advertise on the web. Not popups, but the 468x60 type. It wouldn't be too annoying that way, and it would get them plenty more money, you know? And web advertising for Graal would be the way to go... I would think it to be cheaper.

If they ever generated enough revenue to make Graal boxed, the best way to do that would be to sell it as if that person was buying a Classic subscription.
Old 03-15-2004, 03:46 AM
Hmm

That could work.

Graal should be advertising on other sites as well. Not just their own. That won't help anything. They need to find a way to advertise on many different search engines and so on.

Dark Diamond
Old 03-15-2004, 06:23 AM
Banned
R0bin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to R0bin
Quote:
Originally posted by jake13jake

eeeeeech.... Nintendo was there? **** i bet that was tense for unixmad