Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-03-2007, 03:37 PM
Foxy
Butz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Butz
I know it's been mentioned a few times in here, but really, even if the kingdom leaders were around more often, what would they do? Sit around trade and talk with the other members? Idly shout "greetings" across toguilds?

The problem is that there really isn't anything for kingdoms to do rather than start wars with each other, which doesn't always happen because people complain about other people overpowering them, or people don't show up, or blah blah blah.

The sad thing is that role playing is all but dead around GK. Back in the early days of GK, it was a whole lot of fun, and there was some sort of consistency as far as the role playing atmosphere was concerned. As time went on, and people started to leave, this fell apart and the best we can get nowadays are ridiculous stories where people are advised to bring a helmet, in case of surprise rock slides inside the tavern.

This can't really be blamed on inactive Kingdom leaders completely though. Part of the problem is that there have been no major world updates to the Graalian Archipelago in a long time. People have literally done everything that there is to do. Haunted houses, treasure maps, and Lord hunting can only keep one busy for so long.

So perhaps there needs to be a reason for people to stick around before we start pointing fingers at those who aren't around all the time.

FoxKelfonne @ DeviantART(updated: Dec 14, 2010)
Many Thanks to konidias for my avatar

Shawn Kelfonne - Aegis Mage of Dustari
Old 04-03-2007, 03:41 PM
Official Idle/Level Maker
hampy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to hampy Send a message via AIM to hampy Send a message via MSN to hampy Send a message via Yahoo to hampy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taikun View Post
Is i've been saying for a long time now, there should only be two kingdoms. For example, Kingdom A and Kingdom B, this would mean there would always be wars between the two kingdoms. It would be a much bigger battle and kingdom rivalry (or w/e its called) would be much bigger, I strongly feel this would work but as usual nothing will happen of this idea..
I second this
Old 04-03-2007, 06:55 PM
jonnyrocks2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jonnyrocks2 Send a message via MSN to jonnyrocks2
Problem already seen with Taikun's idea.

You STILL get the problem of lack of people showing up...or people refusing to come on tag, etc.

Then there will be administration abuse, like usual.
Originally Posted by Shawn Kelfonne
Pfft. It takes a real man to play a girl...
Old 04-03-2007, 09:28 PM
"seized by somnolence"
sage_scooby is on a distinguished road
I'll just wait until summer when schools let out. Then it gets a little more active again.

-[email protected]
Old 04-03-2007, 10:07 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Course it will probably be more active.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:15 AM
kenyonandelliot is on a distinguished road
Hopefully.. If there isn't a population rise in the Summer I'll probaly just play VG the whole summer.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:50 AM
quitted an addiction
Davidd is an unknown quantity at this point
I think there is few problems, not with the number of kingdomes, but the reason why we should put tag on. People would want to be on tag alot more if they could have like a personal advantage. Another idea is to create some sorte of realistic role play.

Example: All kingdomes have there own unique armor, wepon, etc. That they can have ONLY when on tag. SO than you could clearly see the difference between people. Depending on the rank you would have different wepon or armor. If there tag become off there armory goes away, but is saved. So when they put there tag back on, they could still have a +12 armor and a persanalize wepon. NO items IN ANY SURCOMSTENCE can be traded even with other guild members. They are personalize to one persone.

Another Example: Doing a job for the Kingdom: If you are a warrior or guard or whatever. You can do a job of guarding the castle, spy on kingdom, steal from kingdom, do some damage,etc. While doing this job you will be paid a decent ammount so the player ould be like: SWEET DIAS! or something like that. And so on...

I have some other ideas but im not bothering to post them if your not interested. Yes it will be alot of work but the Kingdoms would be popular again

Questions comment ideas?
Old 04-04-2007, 01:25 AM
Fraszle is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidd View Post
I think there is few problems, not with the number of kingdomes, but the reason why we should put tag on. People would want to be on tag alot more if they could have like a personal advantage. Another idea is to create some sorte of realistic role play.

Example: All kingdomes have there own unique armor, wepon, etc. That they can have ONLY when on tag. SO than you could clearly see the difference between people. Depending on the rank you would have different wepon or armor. If there tag become off there armory goes away, but is saved. So when they put there tag back on, they could still have a +12 armor and a persanalize wepon. NO items IN ANY SURCOMSTENCE can be traded even with other guild members. They are personalize to one persone.

Another Example: Doing a job for the Kingdom: If you are a warrior or guard or whatever. You can do a job of guarding the castle, spy on kingdom, steal from kingdom, do some damage,etc. While doing this job you will be paid a decent ammount so the player ould be like: SWEET DIAS! or something like that. And so on...

I have some other ideas but im not bothering to post them if your not interested. Yes it will be alot of work but the Kingdoms would be popular again

Questions comment ideas?

Getting most of your ideas from Mal, I see, also you have like fifty words that are spelled incorrectly in that sentence.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:45 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
All kingdomes have there own unique armor, wepon, etc.
That idea has came up many times if you look around you will see lots of threads about that same sudject.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:58 PM
"seized by somnolence"
sage_scooby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
.....Example: All kingdomes have there own unique armor, wepon, etc. That they can have ONLY when on tag.......
Questions comment ideas?

The only issue I have with this is. If the armour for each kingdom isn't the same. The kingdom with the most appealing stas on their armour will get the most players.

-[email protected]
Old 04-04-2007, 02:50 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage_scooby View Post
The only issue I have with this is. If the armour for each kingdom isn't the same. The kingdom with the most appealing stas on their armour will get the most players.
Well of course that will happen.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:23 PM
kenyonandelliot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage_scooby View Post

Yeah, you right.. I guess we can make everything the same stats, just different GFX.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:25 PM
MadScience7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Questions comment ideas?
This is a good example of something that can be done today, under the current system, by a proactive system leader. This is the reason the CP supply house always has 1000 boards and 5000 cannon balls in stock
Old 04-04-2007, 08:09 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:

Questions comment ideas?
I like this idea but it's got 1 down side to it. what if things get stolen from your castle when your not online or you are in bed.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Kyden
Waltz5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
I like this idea but it's got 1 down side to it. what if things get stolen from your castle when your not online or you are in bed.
Then you have to organize and go get what's yours back.