Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-07-2006, 12:19 AM
farte6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe they should start looking for someone to replace Stefan since he isn't doing that good of a job. Regardless to what his fan boys say.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:37 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by farte6 View Post
Maybe they should start looking for someone to replace Stefan since he isn't doing that good of a job. Regardless to what his fan boys say.
Are you being serious? That's the dumbest "serious" post i've ever read.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:42 AM
Banned
Devil has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Devil Send a message via MSN to Devil
Quote:
LOLLLLL.

How retarded.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:45 AM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
Hiring a second Stefan would be handy. A Stefan Clone. But clones are expensive, and if you figure how much of the development budget goes to pizza, and two Stefans would eat twice as much Pizza...and that's assuming Stefan2 doesn't want his own foosball table...^_~

I always look at how much Stefan is doing and say there should be someone to help; he always says he's got it under control and doesn't need any help, so I dunno. Maybe he's worried if Stefan2 gets hired to work on G3D, he'll never be allowed to touch it and he'll be relegated to supporting G2D for the rest of his natural life. Which might be boring, who knows? Tactically, Stefan working on a single server might not pan out, but if you figure he wanted to do some level development for a change, I daresay he's earned it...maybe that's what's going on with G3D, he's doing it for fun and deserves it.

Sadly, that may mean G2D never gets paralax. Oh well.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 12-07-2006, 06:10 AM
farte6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey, if one developer cant put out quality work sometimes you have to go looking for a better one. I guess you guys need to take some business 101. Why pay someone and lose less money than he can earn for you?

I personally don't think Stefan is all that amazing, seriously its not like Graal is all that creative since it was a rip in the first place. And sadly hes pretty much failing at expanding it. And ya know yall might not know this but I'm damn well sure Unixmads wallet knows it.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:17 AM
Former Classic Staff
jake13jake will become famous soon enough
I don't know if Graal 3D will bring in much business for Cyberjoueurs when there is so much existing competition in 3D MMORPGs. The main reason I even began playing Graal was for its nostalgia, and I'm sure a lot of other players have similar reasons. Perhaps Graal 3D will give the current business they have an opportunity to upgrade ($$$), but again, I can't imagine much new business coming in. And worse, that avenue could even alienate some of the existing business. Well, just some speculation, don't shoot me again.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:31 AM
Graal 3D
UberModeKappa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to UberModeKappa
I think Stefan should let people have access to dev some 3d servers. Who knows, someone could hit a good idea and we will have one of the first decent Graal 3D servers.

Also, I'm pretty sure people don't play Zone, Kingdoms, or Era for the nostalgia.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:58 AM
In the real world ogod.
Skrobo2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberModeKappa View Post
I think Stefan should let people have access to dev some 3d servers. Who knows, someone could hit a good idea and we will have one of the first decent Graal 3D servers.
If I remember right, the reason Graal 3D was set back was to remake the engine so it would be more user friendly for developers. You have to realize that Graal 3D isn't just a server, but a whole new engine. The engine itself is what's in development right now, not the playerworld/server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
I would rather have dead forums.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:09 AM
Graal 3D
UberModeKappa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to UberModeKappa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrobo2 View Post
If I remember right, the reason Graal 3D was set back was to remake the engine so it would be more user friendly for developers. You have to realize that Graal 3D isn't just a server, but a whole new engine. The engine itself is what's in development right now, not the playerworld/server.
I'm pretty sure they are working on a server at the same time... Some stafferz sayz they play on it and its uber secret and stuff...
Old 12-07-2006, 07:47 AM
In the real world ogod.
Skrobo2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberModeKappa View Post
I'm pretty sure they are working on a server at the same time... Some stafferz sayz they play on it and its uber secret and stuff...
Well I'm not saying there isn't a 3D playerworld in development, just that there's more to it than just making a new server. It's going to take time and it doesn't seem to be the highest priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
I would rather have dead forums.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:33 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
You have a very interesting opinion Infernix.
Sorry but I have banned this account for ban evasion.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:53 PM
Banned
Magadal will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
You have a very interesting opinion Infernix.
Sorry but I have banned this account for ban evasion.
I guess "Owned" is the right word here. And I dont think Stefan really has to pay people. There are really enough people out there who want to help him with Graal.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:27 AM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
The players run Graal, Cyberjouers simply provides the development tools.

Heck, and with people like Maniaman making their own version of the level editor, which would work online and is 23981238239 times better than the one provided by the company, it seems that the players are just taking over.

Sooner or later Cyberjouers will just provide the GServers while the players do all of the technical work. Heck, the players are the ones that keep the game alive anyways, since Graal Kingdoms doesn't attract many players at all.

Maybe it would be best if Stefan simply made the engine and released G3D to developers to do all of the server-making, since we developers have clearly been doing a good job thus far.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:30 AM
Banned
Devil has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Devil Send a message via MSN to Devil
That won't happen straight away, they will make an official G3D server first.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:02 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambet View Post
Heck, and with people like Maniaman making their own version of the level editor, which would work online and is 23981238239 times better than the one provided by the company, it seems that the players are just taking over.
in my opinion maniaman is far from a "player"