Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 12:03 AM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
gang activity

as i predicted, gang activity has soon faded (it's almost friday and the top gang has only 964 points)
plz stop testing new bases/systems and just bring back the old bases every1 likes and no1 would complain about..it took years of improvements to get to the final product of the BH and BB bases. i honestly prefered BH due to BB's lame circular heal room but both of the bases were excellent and lead to years and years of active raiding, not simply 2-3 weeks of gang activity
Old 01-27-2012, 12:08 AM
GeorgeC is on a distinguished road
I agree, even though I don't raid.
I think the old system needs to come back with maybe a 4th gang, just to level things out a bit?
Old 01-27-2012, 12:08 AM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
I liked BB's heal room the best XD
Old 01-27-2012, 12:12 AM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
3-5 gangs is the ideal number but starting off with 3 would be best since gang activity is very low atm, so it would take a while for innactive players to realise that raiding is back
BB heal room only suited runners, on the other side in BH heal room ud have to work as a gang to corner the enemy team
Old 01-27-2012, 12:48 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
I think the system is good. I see raiding everyday with humbbolt haze, factioneX and syndicate also mixed in with multiple semi-active/big gangs.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:50 AM
J.Rollin (killaz)
jkldogg can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to jkldogg Send a message via MSN to jkldogg
Sequence of events (gangsystems):
cry, cry, cry, this system sucks plz change it
*gang system changed 2 months later*
raids for about 1~3 months
cry, cry, rage, cry, cry no one is raiding!
plz plz plz back to old system
rage hard and make threads whining about changing back system <-- You are here!

PSN: jkldogg

The best post ever made on the graal forums.
After playing Graal Online for many years, JKL decides to make a forum account. Isn't life funny?
Old 01-27-2012, 01:15 AM
Alfonso :3
Dragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dragon551 Send a message via MSN to Dragon551
Yeah guys, old system!

Let me start the next "new system" thread, tk. You're hogging them.

---------------------
---------------------
#AGT
Old 01-27-2012, 02:33 AM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
I think the system is good. I see raiding everyday with humbbolt haze, factioneX and syndicate also mixed in with multiple semi-active/big gangs.
Just because you see them gangs raiding everyday doesn’t mean they like the new system. The system is bad in many ways. Era cannot support the gang system for a start. The gangs are thinned out? There isn’t a limit on how many gangs there should be. I believe they stopped letting people make more gangs but do you really think that is going to fix the problem, Of course not.

There should be a limit of 3-4 gangs on era, I don’t get that anybody can make a gang and name it what they like? That’s what parties are for. When it comes to hosting gang events it’s a pain in the ass! You have to work out a system in your head if you have 5 or 6 or more gangs. It’s also hard to get gangs due to the fact that there are so many gangs and not enough players in them.

A good while ago, I got MD to do a poll about the gang system. The question was something like which gang system did you prefer?
Old system -80%
New system – 20%

That isn’t exact, though it was as close as that.

The players want the old system? Why not give them what they want? It’s not about what the staff team want, they have to deliver what the players want and pay for.

We all know that the old system would fix many problems but there is something stopping that. This isn’t a dig Tim, though I think you should think about what the players want, rather than trying to do things your way. I do not recall you raiding ever or taking part in any gang events. So how would you know what you’re doing is for the better of gang raiding?
You could just bring back the old system and see for yourself the difference in raiding and gang events.

THEN you can start upgrading from there. I don’t see why it’s such a big deal about bringing the old gang system back? If it’s all about becoming manager then doing things that you’re remembered for as it seems that way to me, then bringing back the old gang system would be a damn start, instead of trying to make it better, when that is making things worse.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:54 AM
natchez416 will become famous soon enough
Yo, bloody you really can't see the benefits of having a completely automated gang system?

I love how your first post makes the old "system?" seem like a masterpiece, it's cute : )

In my humble opinion era has made a huge leap forward, just by committing to an interest in an automated gang system. To go back to what we had before would be like taking two massive steps backwards. You've been around for a long time, you know how slow progress on era is. It will probably be a long process of trial and error, and management changes, before anything worthy is developed.

Just sit back and relax. an automated gang system is the way to go. It is far from perfect now, but you have to realize it's potential.

You people sound like a bunch of cut and runners.
We must stay the course.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:11 AM
Era since 2005
lol natchez how do u see this current system improving? gangs owned by noobs who just payed 10k to obtain them have no appeal
i'm not saying the old system was perfect (i.e. the gang guns sucked cuz some dumb gang admin decided to nerf them), i just said the bases were very good and the "old" gang system has been fine for almost 10 years.
i have never seen so little raiding on era (not considering alf's failed management)

tim if u want to make it so that everyone has a chance to own a gang you should create 2 fixed gangs (i.e. bh and bb) plus add an extra gang (x), which every week will have to face another potential gang (y) in events. if y defeats x then y will be the third gang added to bh and bb for a week, after another week another gang (z) will face y to determinate which one will remain a gang for the next week. the challenging gang (z in the last example) might be chosen from party with most kills, within a "challengers tournament" or something similar
this system would ensure that 2 gangs (bh and bb) r lead by adequate leaders which will be replaced in case of inactivity. the 3rd gang will also be competitive as long as there's a gang limit on bh and bb
Old 01-27-2012, 06:41 AM
Dude, So because the current system sucks, we should just abandon the entire idea of an automated system all together?

-That is just retardation in its purest forms.

Do you really fail to see the potential of an automated system?... I mean seriously...
Please don't make me type it all out here...

Besides Tim just ****ing got management of the server... Cut him a break, and keep your panties on while he develops the system further.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:08 AM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by natchez416 View Post
Besides Tim just ****ing got management of the server... Cut him a break, and keep your panties on while he develops the system further.
How can he develop something he knows very little about? That's what i was asking? I understand that all the work put into the new system and just scraping it and going back the old system would have all been for nothing. Though, it doesnt matter because at the end of the day, the players dont like it so scraping it shouldn't be an issue. Take it on the chin. Bring back the old system that people enjoy and play and work from there. The old system should have never been just changed alltogether and never released untill it was finished.

You dont even have to bring back the old system alltogether, why not scrap all the gangs, make a 3 or 4 gang limit. Bring back LC/BB names or create new gang names? Bring back the old bases, but update them? This would gurantee raiding everyday and also keep people happy! Do what was suppose to happen, the gang shop? Where gangs can go buy new gang items. Jeez man, common sense.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:55 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Old system was better because it encouraged elitism and discouraged newbies from even attempting to be a part of something we consider a major part of the game!

Staff can't be trusted to update the game, the server must be rolled back before they try to do it again!

Staff can be trusted to moderate the gangs appropriately and always make correct decisions in all situations! /s

Let salesman finish his system!
Old 01-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Quote:
How can he develop something he knows very little about?
1) It's really not rocket surgery.
2) I don't have to be a chef to appreciate good food.
3) Players like yourself can wrap your minds around the blatantly obvious benefits of an automated system, and provide suggestions and feedback to speed up the process of trial and error.

Quote:
Though, it doesnt matter because at the end of the day, the players dont like it so scraping it shouldn't be an issue. Take it on the chin. Bring back the old system...
1) And where would era be if its management had based every development decision on the constantly changing, whims of the player base?

Quote:
Jeez man, common sense.
1) It seems that common sense is not so common.

Quote:
Old system was better because it encouraged elitism and discouraged newbies from even attempting to be a part of something we consider a major part of the game!
1) ...
2) This is not a central characteristic to the concept of an automated gang system in any way.
3) Why does it make sense to just revert to the old system because you don't like such a minor, and probably temporary, aspect of the new system? Where are our problem solving skills man!?
4) Create elitism within the contexts of an automated gang system maybe? This could be accomplished very nicely with gang upgrades, via some kind of points shop.

Last edited by natchez416; 01-27-2012 at 08:12 AM..
Old 01-27-2012, 08:14 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
See hidden /s. I agree with you rare sane era individual.

salesman outlined what the system was missing (automated removal of weak/underperforming gangs, rewards and perks for active gangs) sounds like they just need to implement it. Old systems are often monkey-patched to **** and extremely annoying to extend, this is a fairly clean slate and should be fixed so they don't have to have staff moderate the entire system.