Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-17-2006, 05:36 AM
Tįri o Taurė
ReBorn_Spirit is on a distinguished road
You have no idea really, think about it once. Make everyone the same level for what?? So kingdoms never fight again?? Maybe I should shut up, but this is one of the idiot ideas that I find on the Forums. Go find something worth while then get a few ideas from it and then evolve those ideas. Kmode... pfft..
Old 01-17-2006, 05:38 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Were you even around when it existed?
Old 01-17-2006, 05:43 AM
Tįri o Taurė
Does that even matter now??

Were you there when the Nighthawks fell?? Not that anyone even cares anymore, but it tought me that some people dont care.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:45 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
You have a VIP account, Dayaa. Just remake it, talk to the developers about getting stuff fixed up for it, and be on your merry way. If kmode goes into effect, perhaps Nighthawks could actually serve a purpose.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:46 AM
Mercenary
Raziel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Raziel
Leveling in RP would be training. I mean seriously, are all warriors the same? No, some are much stronger, faster, and smarter than others. Some are skinny cowards. Which one are you? It partly depends on how much you train (level). When it really comes down to it, you're weak because you want to be. I'm sure if you spend some time to go out and (train) you will see things in a new way. I'd say that's more fair than restricting everybody to a set amount of hp, speed, blah, blah.

Btw, what about fat sorcerers and whatnot, you know? Let's not discriminate. So, a warrior in heavy armor might still be faster.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:51 AM
Foxy
Butz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Butz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
Leveling in RP would be training. I mean seriously, are all warriors the same? No, some are much stronger, faster, and smarter than others. Some are skinny cowards. Which one are you? It partly depends on how much you train (level). When it really comes down to it, you're weak because you want to be. I'm sure if you spend some time to go out and (train) you will see things in a new way. I'd say that's more fair than restricting everybody to a set amount of hp, speed, blah, blah.

Btw, what about fat sorcerers and whatnot, you know? Let's not discriminate. So, a warrior in heavy armor might still be faster.
If the leveling system of GK wasn't horribly broken (ie. 1million+ exp to next level, diminishing experience on monster kills, +1 enchants every 10 levels, ungodly AC and WC), then maybe training through level up would be a viable option.

FoxKelfonne @ DeviantART(updated: Dec 14, 2010)
Many Thanks to konidias for my avatar

Shawn Kelfonne - Aegis Mage of Dustari
Old 01-17-2006, 05:51 AM
Don't Go Mister!
OasaTor_PK is a jewel in the roughOasaTor_PK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to OasaTor_PK
I am all for this set HP ect. It would really make wars fun, other then watching out for 2 or 3 people who are able to 1 shot you. To level your character through RP, you should have to earn it, by say sparring an npc knight once you have achieved a certain amount of honor.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:52 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
Leveling in RP would be training.
"Congratulations! You just got +5 to not being an idiot!"

What you're meaning is that leveling does influence roleplaying and whatnot, but you must also pay attention to the fact that people have weapons that allow them to take out 98% of a kingdom's population with one swipe. If you don't believe me, I ask you please to have a duel with King Snow.

The only problem with kmode is that it nullifies the idea of leveling as a factor in fighting, but if you keep things the way they are, you have to deal with a levelling system that is horribly flawed and only allows people that are either very rich or that glitch to level up. Take your pick.

Kmode is the quick fix. Fixing the experience curve is the permanent fix.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:08 AM
I Fight Bears
CidNight1142 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin
Fixing the experience curve is the permanent fix.
And this would leave us needing a reset, which we all know will never happen. Thus the k-mode becomes the only fix it appears.
A poet never takes notes. You never take notes in a love affair.
Robert Frost
Old 01-17-2006, 06:16 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CidNight
And this would leave us needing a reset, which we all know will never happen.
Actually, it is the alternative to a reset. See my past explanation of fixing the experience curve for more details.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:39 AM
gwtfc***mattrs/gpsof
Splke is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Splke Send a message via Yahoo to Splke
There's no fair way to say this, but you have to comprimise on either a level scale, or an RP scale.

KINGDOM WARS SHOULD INVOLVE RP AND RESTRICTED RULE GROUNDED FIGHTING

PKing should be done on your own time and should not interfere with RP of Kingdoms.

That's pretty much the comprimise you'll have to make. If it divides the server, so ****ing be it. But if it makes the server better.. well then, there you go. You've actually found a way to get rid of the unfair advantage people get by USDing / Glitching and made Kingdom's an actual legit RP server (in some form, or sense).

Revamping Kingdoms will take more then just suggestions and empty promises though, this I'm not sure Stefan knows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter
No, that would look stupid, shut your stupid face, stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappa
In the words of the great Argosax

WOOHOO BOOBIES
Old 01-17-2006, 07:00 AM
Tįri o Taurė
The only future purpse I have in mind for Nighthawks is a town on Forest, besides that, Samurai leaders after Empress Lyndzey have not wanted my old isle there.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:01 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Mr. Knorr's concern for kingdoms, I think, is some type of new innovation that will inevitably screw things up more because he's stacking more things onto the pile of complications Kingdoms has.

On an aside...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReBorn_Spirit
The only future purpse I have in mind for Nighthawks is a town on Forest, besides that, Samurai leaders after Empress Lyndzey have not wanted my old isle there.
It's probably because it doesn't have anything going on in it anymore.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:36 AM
Tįri o Taurė
Oh there was, but the incopetent leaders of the time could not udnerstand its purpose... Sorry about this, but its somewhat true. Though I should not say it.. I mean no offense to anyone reading this...

I shall see what I can do.. to turn NH into some town that can be put to use, perhaps a hunting lodge or something like area on Forest that will be in a nice dark forest.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:49 PM
I never asked for this.
Raeiphon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubes
Everyone who thinks this are ****ing *******'s. Dude this would make everyone who has wasted their time leveling worthless. I might aswell go reset my account and walk up to fr0 and say "Can't touch this bish." Then he will hit me and I would loose 5 hp. I don't know about him but I would flip a **** if that happened because all these people spent all this time leveling just to find out they wasted their time leveling to 107 phsy.... If they level that high they deserve to beable take out half an army. If this is how it is going to be just tell me now so I can just sit on my ass in the trade all day like everyone else will end up doing. seriously... **** that
You can form three sentences without adding some vulgar insult of kind. Amazing.

GK is not being about leet. GK is not about the loot. At heart, GK is an RP server. And as much as you idiots take pride in your pathetic pixel equipment achievements, the more GK's RP will slowly fade away, until we become a Zone with spells instead of bullets.

And at the rate it's going, it's going to end up like this.

And no they dont deserve to be able to take out half an army of equally strong players. Infact, they deserve about as much as a level 1 does - the right to enjoy the game and to be kind to each other. And I dont even see the enjoyment anymore.

Kmode would be a godsend. Wars where players of equal or average level could fight each other in a war they would enjoy, not be thrashed by some level 107 ***** in full +122717217217272 bile gear or whatever.

My solutions in a nutshell:
Enforced RP
Kmode
Listen to the sentinent players

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.