Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-30-2006, 05:45 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
I'm bored and want to make a playerworld!

Well, I think I may end up making a playerworld. However, I have an idea on how to go about this. I plan to get copies of old worlds and look through them and look at what they did that was good, and what they did that wasn't good.

With this research and content I then plan to build some sort of a world. My world will utalise all this idle content. By which, I mean ideas that are brilliant (I remember seeing a few - although a lot were pot quests and killing baddies) will be used and built on for this world.

This is not a server revival. Those tend to fade, and I do not intend to remake any specific world. The world I will make will be new, with elements and ideas sourced from the past as well as new ones. I also think it's not so fair to take all the content and put it back online again which is why only parts will be taken.

To give you an idea, for example, houses and buildings that were nice from the old worlds could be reused in the levels on this new world. This will cut down production time dramatically. But this is not going to be a merge of the worlds, this is not going to be a copy and paste compliation of past worlds. But ideas that were unique. Content that was good and hasn't been reused again (i.e: ideas copied) will be given new life and built on for this world.

I am just wondering what the feedback for this idea will be. I don't want to copy content, but nor do I want to see great content idle in zip files on a back-up server. I think I could do this right, and I do not intend to make the world a copy of any that the ideas are taken from. So comments are welcome.

Worlds that will be studied: Faheria, Andora, Xone, Bravo, Galethia, Doomsday, Mithica, X, Frolic, Elven Lands, Sidra , Graal3000, Tempist of TIme, Providence, Dino Valley, New Cite Perdue, Auroria

Possible other worlds: Enigma, Sanstrata (these are possibly online and being worked on, in which case they wont be used or looked at).

If you can think of any other past online worlds that aren't online, and were in a completed/released state - please let me know!

Last edited by Spark910; 03-30-2006 at 10:42 PM..
Old 03-30-2006, 05:49 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Sounds good, but is it allowed?
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 03-30-2006, 05:50 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159
Sounds good, but is it allowed?
I've contacted Stefan, and I could access such content. So that parts satisfied. Will need to look into it more first though!
Old 03-30-2006, 06:00 PM
Unholy Nation
Malinko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Malinko
Seems like a great idea!

One thing people focus on are the new age levels, which look nice, but not needed as much as the game itself.

I think having some good theme is good. Having a ton of quests, which doesn't take ages to do, though shouldn't take a few minutes to do as well.

Would be awesome to have it kind of like, having some lands open up upon completion of some things, like quests, obtaining certain items, or whatever.

I guess, a multiple amount of goals to get to, making sure people can take a lot of paths.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:15 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark910
I've contacted Stefan, and I could access such content. So that parts satisfied. Will need to look into it more first though!
Cool, good luck with it
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 03-30-2006, 06:17 PM
RED SQUARE CLUB
Damix2 will become famous soon enough
Thats awesome that you copy and pasted ToT with the typo from me =D
Old 03-30-2006, 09:14 PM
Banned
Warcaptain is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Warcaptain Send a message via AIM to Warcaptain Send a message via Yahoo to Warcaptain
I'd be happy to work with you on the Enigma levels

I don't mind you using them at all so long as I know what ones you are using and such.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:23 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Xone- Do not forget our community. It was awesome. No complicated ****. The following two things were really cool then and I'll probably use the ideas on any server I work on:

Apartments: The renting system was extremely easy. Pay a certain amount, you get to keep an apartment room forever. Limited supply of rooms, building positioned right off of the main town. You can invite a roommate and they'll get the "key" too. The doors were password protected meaning the keys were just there to recognize the master. The rooms were very basic and had the basic things (couch, bed, small kitchen) in one level. What was so great about this?

PARTIES! People would host parties and it was basically half the server packed in one room. Xone had a doll system and people would bring dolls over and throw them everywhere.

Kingdom wars:

This was very basic on Xone. There were probably about 3-5 towns on Xone. Nothing special about them, just your typical towns with playerhouses and such. The twist? The managers would get on sometimes and simply start a kingdom war. Tags were given to everyone participating and each team was assigned a king each and a city. The king had to hide in that city while players had to both protect their own king and kill the opposite king. It was a "GO ANYWHERE YOU CAN LOL" kind of thing and was hella fun.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:41 PM
Banned
KuJi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to KuJi Send a message via AIM to KuJi Send a message via MSN to KuJi Send a message via Yahoo to KuJi
Sort of like the Marsh cat hotel on EL, eeh?
Old 03-31-2006, 12:18 AM
Graalian since 1998
osrs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to osrs Send a message via AIM to osrs Send a message via MSN to osrs Send a message via Yahoo to osrs
Dino Valley, Dino Valley !
Old 03-31-2006, 12:49 AM
I Fight Bears
CidNight1142 is on a distinguished road
DV definately!
If you need any idea of what was great from Doomsday drop me a PM or something. However, prepare to battle with Tifa if you want even the tiniest drop of DD content to be in the server. (If you just plan to use ideas, then I don't think it matters how much of a protective psycho she is sometimes.)
A poet never takes notes. You never take notes in a love affair.
Robert Frost
Old 03-31-2006, 01:44 AM
lancelot9 is on a distinguished road
I dont want you taking things from Icarus. Those are our ideas and we have a right to them.
Im not sure how you will get this content but dont try it for Icarus. Ill delete it all if i have to.

Im cool because I can make outside levels with a tileset.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:05 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot9
I dont want you taking things from Icarus. Those are our ideas and we have a right to them.
Im not sure how you will get this content but dont try it for Icarus. Ill delete it all if i have to.
What? I don't see Icarus on the list. He isn't taking anything from PW's online, or being worked on.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 03-31-2006, 12:07 PM
A relic of the past
TifaKhan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CidNight1142
DV definately!
If you need any idea of what was great from Doomsday drop me a PM or something. However, prepare to battle with Tifa if you want even the tiniest drop of DD content to be in the server. (If you just plan to use ideas, then I don't think it matters how much of a protective psycho she is sometimes.)
Hell yes i refuse to allow it after this post. I also heard Jubei refused to give you all DD levels so i guess he's one to
My work here is done XD

You have so much potential in your life, take this chance to enjoy your last few months on Doomsday, but then move on.

I know you're attached to Graal, but this latest thing should be too much even for you. As a past owner of Doomsday, I believe I express the wishes of everyone who has ever owned Doomsday in saying what I have said.

By the way, you should be Knighted for services to Doomsday. You've done more than the rest of us Owners ever did.

Baraka Khan
Old 03-31-2006, 12:45 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot9
No one said he was.

Quote:
What? I don't see Icarus on the list. He isn't taking anything from PW's online, or being worked on.
Lancelot just got owned.