That's the bomy sun.
ahha good call my fault.
Old 04-29-2005, 05:45 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
Koni, take over the project. My only complaint with anything you said was I enjoyed being a bomy. I had two accounts though and I could deal with being a human. Bring back old HP system which made kingdom wars actually fun, revamp the PW a little, add some new content, and you could have a great server.
It's not up to me. I don't know what's actually going on with it behind the scenes, if anything.

As far as playing as a bomy, sure it's fun.. but it would never balance out as "equals" to graalians. The most it could be is just for fun. Possibly a bomy morphing potion or something? You'd be able to morph into a different bomy depending on which potion you used. However you wouldn't be able to attack or be attacked. The fighting system for bomies against graalians isn't even. It's also the cause for the downfall of sparring and pking. At times bomies had advantages and disadvantages when it came to battling. I think at one point they had way more health and the speed upgrade made them too fast to even hit. Then there was the thing where the bomy would get hit and spin and wouldn't be able to do anything and the player could just come up and keep swinging every few seconds and kill the bomy player.

I do think 2k1 should be re-designed and opened again. The overworld was done well, and it'd be great to have a bit of nostalgia mixed with something new.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:12 PM
Zxion is on a distinguished road
I completely, 100% agree with Koni's ideas. There used to be morphing between humans and bomies but they removed it after some time. I believe that it's still an awesome server, but like Koni and Kyden said, there are many things that have to be done in order to revamp it enough to appeal to both old and new players. (This is kinda off topic but last I heard of Oasis was about 2 years ago, can I ask what happened and not get flamed?)
Old 04-29-2005, 11:42 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by konidias
The fighting system for bomies against graalians isn't even. It's also the cause for the downfall of sparring and pking. At times bomies had advantages and disadvantages when it came to battling. I think at one point they had way more health and the speed upgrade made them too fast to even hit. Then there was the thing where the bomy would get hit and spin and wouldn't be able to do anything and the player could just come up and keep swinging every few seconds and kill the bomy player.
It was okay before there was HP.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:15 AM
Old Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zxion
I completely, 100% agree with Koni's ideas. There used to be morphing between humans and bomies but they removed it after some time. I believe that it's still an awesome server, but like Koni and Kyden said, there are many things that have to be done in order to revamp it enough to appeal to both old and new players. (This is kinda off topic but last I heard of Oasis was about 2 years ago, can I ask what happened and not get flamed?)
Stop, you're making me blush. Yeah the bomy boots did that I think? 2k1 could be revived... If I ever had the opportunity to revive it (not saying I do), I'd have to rename it though... because I'd remove the bomy moon, so maybe it could be named Bomy Island or something... it can't be named Graal, since that's the name of the world or whatever.

I'd love to redo the old graphics though. That'd be a lot of fun. As for Oasis... well I went through about every well-known scripter on graal and none of them lasted very long. I think Falados and Loriel helped out the most with Oasis. Kaimetsu contributed with answering some questions I had, and the inventory circle stuff... But overall I didn't have a scripter that would stick around with me. I needed advanced scripts done, such as complex enemy AI, which I can't make. So the whole project kind of got put on hold. I wasn't going to waste time doing everything else if I couldn't get scripts done... not to mention fighting monsters was a big part of the server, and I couldn't work around it very well.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:33 AM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
I say like, we just bring back the old old g2k1. no more new bodies, bomy moons and forced roleplaying stuff...
Old 04-30-2005, 01:23 AM
Surfer Dude
Chrismas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Chrismas Send a message via AIM to Chrismas Send a message via MSN to Chrismas Send a message via Yahoo to Chrismas
The reason G2K1 wont succeed is because the people who made it successful, the ones who loved it are all gone now. The community who played it has moved on to different games or moved on in other ways. G2K1 won't be a success simply because the people who truly loved the server are gone.

I've said this so many times about graal, its not the game that makes it what it is, its the community. I firmly believe the community that made G2K1 the work of art it once was are gone, and therefore it can never be re-affirmed as the sweet ass server it once was. (sweet ass, haha)

AIM: Jimmypop316
Old 04-30-2005, 02:35 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrismas
The reason G2K1 wont succeed is because the people who made it successful, the ones who loved it are all gone now. The community who played it has moved on to different games or moved on in other ways. G2K1 won't be a success simply because the people who truly loved the server are gone.
No. Back when 2K1 was popular most of the people playing at any single time really weren't familiar with legendary players like TrueHeat and Marle, most didn't even use the forums.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:54 PM
Old Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrismas
You can't credit the community for all of 2k1's success. Sure it may have played a part... but that doesn't mean a new community couldn't be successful with 2k1 as well. There were plenty of scammers and hackers and ruthless pkers, and plain out jerks back then. Quite a few of them were the "popular" people. It didn't make my experience on the server any more pleasant to have them running around.

You can't be sure that some of the old players wouldn't come back to 2k1 if it were improved. I'm sort of wanting to rebuild it just so I can play it myself. Old players left because of the drastic changes that occured. If such changes could make them leave, then such changes could bring them back.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:36 PM
BeefBandit
RaabHimself is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to RaabHimself
Quote:
Originally Posted by konidias
I'm sort of wanting to rebuild it just so I can play it myself.
Thats the spirit, lets get this thing done so we ALL can play again.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:15 PM
Rat...
Brad has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Brad Send a message via Yahoo to Brad
koni the original bomy script was actually even to humans

the old HP bomys im talking about here..they evened out with humans each had advantages and disadvantages

If 2k1 comes back, bomys have to come back

koni take it over now. Nothing is being done just say you'll do it and I'm sure they'll give you it.

Brad.
2k14lyf
Forum idiots shall rule once more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Forums without brad will have been sad