Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-13-2006, 04:56 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Does a playerworld need to be "Hosted" before it can be "Classic"?

Simple question, does a playerworld need to be on the "Hosted" tab before it can be moved to "Classic" (if that). I'm considdering making a very "Zelda-esque" server, based on the fact that no servers seem to quite hit that mark these days and it would be pointless having a server "Hosted" for everyone to do quests before it's released.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:13 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
I dont think it does. I heard one server went from private to classic, i think bravo or some playerworld.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 11-13-2006, 05:18 AM
Retired Oldbie
MrAnonymous_P2P is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmm....Good question.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:35 AM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
I'm considering making a very "Zelda-esque" server
A Zelda like server would be awesome!
Old 11-13-2006, 05:46 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_bald6225 View Post
A Zelda like server would be awesome!
Well, we haven't really got a server that would appeal to Zelda fans right now, and I truely believe it would bring boatloads of people in. If I were to make a server, I'd pay for advertisements, but I really don't want to "manage" right now and put up with the stuff they have to; I just like to develop and put my ideas into motion.

I've always wanted that Zelda styled server to play, but servers these days don't provide that that anymore since Classic died (beyond what seems the point of no return), hence me wanting to make one.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:49 AM
Prince
ya know, graal is a zelda looking mmorpg.

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 11-13-2006, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
ya know, graal is a zelda looking mmorpg.
I know, but what's familiar graphics without the gameplay
Old 11-13-2006, 06:18 AM
Prince
zelda was only great for 1 player action. I wouldnt think it would fit a mmorpg. And most classic servers have the zelda characterisitc, at least some of the items.

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 11-13-2006, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
zelda was only great for 1 player action. I wouldnt think it would fit a mmorpg. And most classic servers have the zelda characterisitc, at least some of the items.
Obviously the server wouldn't be based on quests alone, but the quests themselves can be aimed at teaming up and working together. Zelda brought a cooperative multiplayer adaptation in Zelda: Four Swords, and it was effective, with A Link To The Past graphics.

Last edited by Rufus; 11-13-2006 at 06:33 AM..
Old 11-13-2006, 06:57 AM
Banned
Devil has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Devil Send a message via MSN to Devil
I would really love to help out on this.

Expanding on what I wrote;

I checked out a couple of little things that Rufus has quickly made, and they are simple, but effective and nice. It's the little things that count that people have missed out on, or forgotten about. Think about why you liked Zelda : LTTP, and get back to me.

Last edited by Devil; 11-13-2006 at 07:15 AM..
Old 11-13-2006, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil View Post
I would really love to help out on this.

Expanding on what I wrote;

I checked out a couple of little things that Rufus has quickly made, and they are simple, but effective and nice. It's the little things that count that people have missed out on, or forgotten about. Think about why you liked Zelda : LTTP, and get back to me.
I'm not sure if there is a playerbase for this type of server these days actually.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:00 AM
I know japanese l33t
ryu_no_bishie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Well, we haven't really got a server that would appeal to Zelda fans right now, and I truely believe it would bring boatloads of people in. If I were to make a server, I'd pay for advertisements, but I really don't want to "manage" right now and put up with the stuff they have to; I just like to develop and put my ideas into motion.

I've always wanted that Zelda styled server to play, but servers these days don't provide that that anymore since Classic died (beyond what seems the point of no return), hence me wanting to make one.
zelda? youve got 7 days buddy, cuase no ones going to touche your server when they can play Twilight princess
Old 11-13-2006, 12:45 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryu_no_bishie View Post
zelda? youve got 7 days buddy, cuase no ones going to touche your server when they can play Twilight princess
thats like going back to 1998 and teling stefan "zelda? you've got 7 days buddy, cuase no ones going ot touche your game when they can play Ocarina of Time"
Old 11-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Banned
Devil has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Devil Send a message via MSN to Devil
Haha so true @ Crono.

Rufus look at trashy Zodiac, they have a good strong playerbase, and UN. Once something new comes out, players leave other servers which they were bored of.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:44 PM
Thrashsoul3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Actually I heard Twilight Princess wasn't that good but thats regardless xD. You're playing for the online multi player and no console.