Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Banned
KuJi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to KuJi Send a message via AIM to KuJi Send a message via MSN to KuJi Send a message via Yahoo to KuJi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhm View Post
Point 3 - all these servers start hunting for staff. 90% tank because there aren't enough scripters willing to work under these conditions.
Reason why Graal X usually has Me as Owner ( I script everything ), and the Co-Manager as a really good GFXer. Then the rest will be gfxers, lat's, and ganis.

I usually rarely down an idea unless it totally is far from the main idea of the server ( in Graal X -- it's a non-realistic idea or too pk-centered of an idea ).

Or if we are not ready for it yet, in which it goes in the server ops for something to work on eventually when the time is to come.

All my staff have yet to quit on me, infact, I have staff that worked on old Graal X with me (2-3 years ago) that are now my head developers, co-manager's, lat admins etc. So yeah, most of my team stays loyal. If I was able to do GFX as well as scripting, I'd make the sickest servers ever .

o p.s. I'd help out with a zelda-styled server as long as it aims for an actual story line etc.. and zelda-styled as in "A link to the past" styled =o
Old 12-01-2006, 03:19 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
Classic, ok graal's very first baby.

Ok so Graal 2001 came out sometime back in what I assume is 2001. It had new features like light effects, npc server, economy, etc.
Ingenious. How did you come up with such a great guess?

Anyways, there are servers like zenkou that should be done and put on the classic list soon.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 12-01-2006, 06:35 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
Ingenious. How did you come up with such a great guess?

Anyways, there are servers like zenkou that should be done and put on the classic list soon.
Graal 2002 was worked on in 2001 and still called 2002.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:59 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:
Zone wasn't really made by Stefan and them. It was done by Angel and I think that Dell guy. Bloo Kat made the graphics. But then Zone went down and Stefan revived it with his re-scripting.
blookat didnt ;o

blookat made the basic movement sprites which really sucked xD as far as i can remember

Old 12-02-2006, 03:16 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
blookat didnt ;o

blookat made the basic movement sprites which really sucked xD as far as i can remember
no he made the bodies im sure and possibly even the guns.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:19 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
In terms of what the community can support, and Another Playerworld With One Quest And Custom Ganis ain't it. Time was we saw that and said "Shoot, here, have another quest, have some baddies, I developed a castle and a playerhouse, and a town, and I've got some plot ideas, take, take!", now we're all "...I could do it better", and we all start from square one, spending three months to get to the point where we have the exact same thing, Another Playerworld With One Quest And New Custom Ganis That Nobody Else Can Have.
Sorry Tyhm, but this isn't the case for everyone. There are still people who play Graal who have active imaginations and will put this into a server, it just takes time and effort to keep staff motivated, which most people find quite hard to do.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:36 AM
Quote:
I think we all have loads of ideas, but that's not what concerns me...what concerns me is that none of us have any incentive to cooperate on it.
I agree with most of what you said, this is also a good point.

But this is especially a good point:

Quote:
Time was we saw that and said "Shoot, here, have another quest, have some baddies, I developed a castle and a playerhouse, and a town, and I've got some plot ideas, take, take!", now we're all "...I could do it better", and we all start from square one, spending three months to get to the point where we have the exact same thing, Another Playerworld With One Quest And New Custom Ganis That Nobody Else Can Have.
Note people: I'm asking about the next cyberjouers 2D server (like classic, g2k1, g2k2, and kind of zone...KIND OF!). 3D is not even relevant here.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:11 AM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
it just takes time and effort to keep staff motivated, which most people find quite hard to do.
Only because it's an uphill battle. "Hey Fred, good job on that lizardon cave graphic! Now I don't want you to think about how all your work is instantly my property and you have no claim to it no matter what, nor how even if you tried to open your own world I could demand it be shut down for stealing what is now My work, but do you think you could get started on this next project over here...?"

When the servers have their own Newbie Income (newbies are joining their server instead of being stolen from Graal X, etc.) we won't have to worry about what server's "stealing" what players. If servers got a cut of each player upgrading on their server, playercount becomes irrelevant vis-a-vis upgradecount. Thus, Fred can make whatever server he wants - he can make an identical twin to his boss's server, it won't make a lick of difference because instead of everyone peeing in the tiny Graal Community Swimming Pool, everyone's peeing in the vast Internet Advertising Ocean.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 12-02-2006, 08:43 AM
Starting not to love you
Curt1zzle has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Curt1zzle
Quote:
no he made the bodies im sure and possibly even the guns.
He made much more than that as well.

This message has been deleted by Sam. Reason: you should better stop it now
Old 12-02-2006, 10:13 AM
I know japanese l33t
ryu_no_bishie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Only because it's an uphill battle. "Hey Fred, good job on that lizardon cave graphic! Now I don't want you to think about how all your work is instantly my property and you have no claim to it no matter what, nor how even if you tried to open your own world I could demand it be shut down for stealing what is now My work, but do you think you could get started on this next project over here...?"
technicaly that little part of the agreement is an elastic, it wont hold up in court.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:57 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
newbies are joining their server instead of being stolen from Graal X, etc.
Oh, I had planned something similar to this for my server actually - advertising outside of Graal, it's a much better way of targeting then trying to steal existing players.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:08 PM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
It's not encouraged though. As it stands, the administration isn't saying "Here's how to advertise, here - let us host your homepage, here's a template, here's how to bring in newbies" - so they may as well be saying "Here's how to steal players from UN, here's how to annoy the PWA into squelching 'competition' from within Graal's own microcosm"

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 12-02-2006, 10:29 PM
Quote:
It's not encouraged though. As it stands, the administration isn't saying "Here's how to advertise, here - let us host your homepage, here's a template, here's how to bring in newbies" - so they may as well be saying "Here's how to steal players from UN, here's how to annoy the PWA into squelching 'competition' from within Graal's own microcosm"
*shrugs* I don't think many people would want to pay to advertise for their server that they paid to make for people to then pay to play, no incentive what so ever, so I understand what you mean. However, if you want more of a chance of gaining new populous, that, to me seems the best idea.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:11 AM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
I'd love to restart DR, and take a more classic approach to it.
But I have a terrible network, and no RC.
I still believe the players have what it takes to make the best damn server out there.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:18 PM
Guys I'm talking about an official 2D graal server :[