Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-30-2006, 04:06 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Next 2D Server?

Classic, ok graal's very first baby.

Ok so Graal 2001 came out sometime back in what I assume is 2001. It had new features like light effects, npc server, economy, etc.

Then came Graal 2002 which we now call Graal Kingdoms which introduced 3D terrain, a new body/head system, and wide array of weapons.

But what now? Sure some will say GRAAL3D LOL but I'm talking 2D. If you want to get picky a Graal 3D did exist before GK even came out so you can't really use 3D as an excuse.

When is the next 2D server going to be released? GK is showing it's age (its boring and ran out of it's freshness years ago) and G2k1 was ditched while Konidias is reviving it. Are there even any plans for a new 2D server? I sure hope so.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:11 AM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
well 1 thing at the time, germai.
should finish graal 3d first.

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:12 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
well 1 thing at the time, germai.
should finish graal 3d first.
I'm pretty sure the people making 3D have nothing to do with 2D. By that I mean Stefan could still arrange for 2D staff.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:17 AM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
This is the problem right here. Starting new projects before the previous are completed. Seems retarded for me.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:48 AM
Banned
KuJi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to KuJi Send a message via AIM to KuJi Send a message via MSN to KuJi Send a message via Yahoo to KuJi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
Classic, ok graal's very first baby.

Ok so Graal 2001 came out sometime back in what I assume is 2001. It had new features like light effects, npc server, economy, etc.

Then came Graal 2002 which we now call Graal Kingdoms which introduced 3D terrain, a new body/head system, and wide array of weapons.

But what now? Sure some will say GRAAL3D LOL but I'm talking 2D. If you want to get picky a Graal 3D did exist before GK even came out so you can't really use 3D as an excuse.

When is the next 2D server going to be released? GK is showing it's age (its boring and ran out of it's freshness years ago) and G2k1 was ditched while Konidias is reviving it. Are there even any plans for a new 2D server? I sure hope so.
Graal3D back then was more of a test, G3D now uses an entirely different engine...
Old 11-30-2006, 09:24 AM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
You forgot Zone.
I dunno what Koni's doing with G2K1. I sure hope Classic can get the same treatment, but of course All Servers Are Rivals, so it probably won't.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 11-30-2006, 09:43 AM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhm View Post
You forgot Zone.
I dunno what Koni's doing with G2K1. I sure hope Classic can get the same treatment, but of course All Servers Are Rivals, so it probably won't.
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...8&postcount=17
Old 11-30-2006, 09:55 AM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
I'm working on VS:C' in my spare time, although; I highly doubt it'll get finished (Levels - ofcourse! anything else... no) lol

Updates are being posted weekly in my signature.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:12 PM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
I've been working on playerworld1 for a while... got it in my head for a rpg style adventure with a sweet combat system..all mapped out in my head.

But seeing as how I suck, for the most part, at GS2: it will probably never come out .

Last edited by Twinny; 11-30-2006 at 02:44 PM..
Old 11-30-2006, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhm View Post
You forgot Zone.
Zone wasn't really made by Stefan and them. It was done by Angel and I think that Dell guy. Bloo Kat made the graphics. But then Zone went down and Stefan revived it with his re-scripting.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:08 PM
Banned
KuJi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to KuJi Send a message via AIM to KuJi Send a message via MSN to KuJi Send a message via Yahoo to KuJi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
Zone wasn't really made by Stefan and them. It was done by Angel and I think that Dell guy. Bloo Kat made the graphics. But then Zone went down and Stefan revived it with his re-scripting.
Someone screwed up the scripts, or deleted it.

I remember playing with Stefan when it was UC, only thing still active there now is the graphics.

Scripting has probally been all redone by Stefan and one of his globals =o
Old 11-30-2006, 11:14 PM
Enigma
Andy0687 is on a distinguished road
I had a Turn-Based server almost complete with Sephiroth before he got babylon.

The stuff i made for that server is seriously stuff of legend, it was almost perfect, but we didnt have the funds to finish it up and get it reviewed. It would probably topple the playerlist, of course, thats a biased opinion, who would like a FF style system on graal anyways

I always dreamed I would apply for gold tab if that was even possible :P
Old 12-01-2006, 03:30 AM
Banned
SayianOozaru is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SayianOozaru
Funny, I think it was last night I sent Stefan a forum pm, giving him some ideas about a new gold server. Funny how others have been wanting the same.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:50 AM
Eagle will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Eagle
I been working on a little something since last Christmas.. Tons of ideas in my head, and some content. If I get done what I need to, I can get my cousin back to help me script. Or, well, him script. I can't.

I can always attempt to learn though, right? I have a few guys that said they'd help me out after too, but thats down the road.

AIM : FCartman007
Old account - 190
Old 12-01-2006, 09:38 AM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
I think we all have loads of ideas, but that's not what concerns me...what concerns me is that none of us have any incentive to cooperate on it. For every one of us posting here, there's at least 10 more who either can't or won't post - so there's a boatload of potential developers who'd love to have a server to work on. Even if you split it up, there's a ton of developers who want to make a Zelda clone and have lots of ideas...there's a ton of developers who want to make a Megaman clone and have lots of ideas...there's a ton of developers who want to make a racing game and have lots of ideas...there's a ton of developers who want to make a 3d server, a RPG, a platformer, a FPS, a River City Ransom clone, you name it. But for any given server there can only be one owner. And everyone else has to accept the fact that the one owner can shoot down their ideas and preempt their work without notice, reason, etc. That's point 1.
Point 2 - all these people make their own servers, with themselves as Owner And Final Say.
Point 3 - all these servers start hunting for staff. 90% tank because there aren't enough scripters willing to work under these conditions.
Point 4 - the remaining 10% fight tooth and nail to make the limited number of Graalians active play on THEIR server instead of their RIVAL's server.
Point 5 - we wind up with a few dozen servers that - if tied together - make a single decent world.

I dunno about you guys, but I'm not thrilled with the prospect of developing in such an environment. Don't get me wrong, I bought butcher paper just to organize the ideas I got for the platformer MMORPG I got in mind, and I'm convinced it'll be awesome if I can pull it off, but I can't pull it off. It requires too much more than Graal can give - not in terms of what Stefan can script, because that man can script anything - not in terms of what Unixmad can host, because he can host with the best of 'em - but in terms of what the community can support, and Another Playerworld With One Quest And Custom Ganis ain't it. Time was we saw that and said "Shoot, here, have another quest, have some baddies, I developed a castle and a playerhouse, and a town, and I've got some plot ideas, take, take!", now we're all "...I could do it better", and we all start from square one, spending three months to get to the point where we have the exact same thing, Another Playerworld With One Quest And New Custom Ganis That Nobody Else Can Have.

Sorry if I'm ranting, it infuriates me what Graal's become. It's not because it went pay, it's not because PWs blossomed outside of Classic, it's because Graal got as far as hosting PWs on an evenhanded basis and stopped. It got into new territory and went no further. It's the only game on the market where you can toss the serverop a few bucks and have your own world hosted, yet it uses guild-marketing to get developers. Seriously, "Looking for experienced NATs to build best server ever!~"? This is ridiculous...

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233