Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Gani Construction
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-11-2013, 05:38 AM
Cassini
defaultaccount is on a distinguished road
Gani image offsets and variables

Hi I'm looking to construct some gun ganis but the images have alot of diferent images see:

http://tinypic.com/r/22mcud/5

What I'm wondering if it's possible to offset the images for all the frames not just one of them I think it should've been in the gani editor but its not it would make making the ganis for these types of weapons alot easier, because when I switch the imgaes, the gun is offset a few dimensions. So is that at all possible and if so how? would I need to create an external program to edit the text of the ganis? Because all it would have to do is change the numbers in the text documents of the .ganis

Also I'm wondering how to use variables for the ganis, having a image change by itself. So I want the image to be a variable and have it change. I'm trying to have weapons able to put on ur back but I dont want to make 100 diferent ganis, id like for the image to be a var. I'm thinking this might be easier than the offsets.

I think both these options should be added to the GraalShop.exe, because as an experenced ganier I think it would greatly improve the ability to make ganis. or it would atleast make my server possible without alot of work. I havent even started the gun ganis on my server yet, but I'm experenced in ganis I made most of Eras ganis, I've been ganining for like 6 years, I know alot about ganis, but I never learned any scripting.

Bascily what I'm trying to achieve is to use the same gani i used to make the first level of the gun and just update the image to the new level of the gun. Also having the ability to 'sling' that gun on ur back, and use another weapon while that weapons still on ur back.

If at all Id like to know how zodiac does their equipment schemes, because I know they dont make 1000 diferent ganis for all the diferent peices of armor. They have to use variable images in the ganis am i right

Thank you for the help
Old 05-11-2013, 10:58 AM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
you could create 4 extra sprites for every gun which is about 48x48 (can be the same image or always in the top left so you got a fixed location) which will be set all the time (via params or attritubes?) and could act as your back-images for the ganis
Old 05-11-2013, 05:48 PM
Cassini
defaultaccount is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by callimuc View Post
you could create 4 extra sprites for every gun which is about 48x48 (can be the same image or always in the top left so you got a fixed location) which will be set all the time (via params or attritubes?) and could act as your back-images for the ganis
I was thinking that. The only thing that makes this dificult is that the images are in different locations, but it wouldnt be 4 extra spirits it would be around 20-25 each gun, the guns have a diferent back image each level, so that also wouldnt work. I never used params or attrabutes, could someone explain how they work or how i could make it work for my game. Im going to show you guys another image:

http://tinypic.com/r/swa5ar/5

is this the easyst way to make the images? Id like to know if a script could flip the image 90degrees like shown in the image other than having 100 diferent spirits. Also being 100 diferent spirits, I can't really put the back-images in the same spot cause there is just too many, or i could, but only if that would help the params

If anyone has any idea how to do these gun ganis quick.. message me back