Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum > Classic Bugs and suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2007, 12:57 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
A few bugs that need squishing.

Here's a few bugs that are irritating a lot of people
  • In the Graal Castle Quest, not all of the statues come out for the final battle preventing some people from killing the boss.
  • The boss in the quest can not be killed for some people even if the statues have come out, while he can be killed in one hit for others.
  • The Lantern NPC is messed, it appears to be a gani issue. When the Lantern is turned on, the last object you have picked up will appear on your head too.
  • Hats can't be removed by "sethat" alone anymore.
  • Hats can't be set using PermaClothes, nor are they saved.
  • Hats sometimes disappear when you log off or reconnect.
  • Staff time ALWAYS MESSES UP
  • Iris is bugged and Bell is a woman on edge with her around, might as well remove her from the public for now.. or indefinitely.. either way.
  • Horses can't eat bombs.. it was worth a try!

I know half of these issues, if not all of them are not at fault because of the Classic staff, but they're preventing some people from completing quests, and providing general annoyance. Plus, who wants a buggy server? If we did we would have all moved to Zodiac!
Old 08-07-2007, 04:25 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
The horses not being able to eat bombs isn't really a bug, the scripter (WhiteDragon I think?) just didn't add it.

Another bug, which is really annoying to me is when you die with an arrow and have 40 AP and under you respawn with .5 of a heart.
Also relating to that, gralats,bombs and arrows only drop when you get killed by the arrow.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:04 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
You can hit yourself with your own bow if you stand right next to a wall. Very annoying, specially when coupled with the fact that you'll only respawn with .5 hp.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:23 PM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
I hate how you can get hit by your own thrown items. That can easily be fixed with an account check of the thrower and the one being hit.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:59 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
The horses not being able to eat bombs isn't really a bug, the scripter (WhiteDragon I think?) just didn't add it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
  • Horses can't eat bombs.. it was worth a try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
Also relating to that, gralats,bombs and arrows only drop when you get killed by the arrow.
I'd love to see this make a return.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:55 PM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokemon View Post
I hate how you can get hit by your own thrown items. That can easily be fixed with an account check of the thrower and the one being hit.
I dunno about that, I'm pretty sure they're Projectiles. Projectiles tend not to care who threw them, though the damage scripts do. Should be thrown from a different origin based on playerdir, IMHO

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 08-10-2007, 10:24 PM
  • You can hurt your own guild members/allied guilds with the Knife of Fiends
Old 08-10-2007, 10:43 PM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
  • The Knife of Fiends is a piece of ****
Old 08-23-2007, 07:35 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Last I heard the final boss in the castle quest can now be killed with one hit.

Switching levels back and forth rapidly while riding a horse can warp you to a differant location on the map.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:25 PM
Classic Systems Admin
Polo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Polo
Did a number of bug fixes today...

Fixes:
  • Saying 'sethat' to remove your hat correctly works again.
  • PermaClothes should be working correctly again (regarding hats).
  • You cannot hit yourself with arrows and other projectiles (thrown things) anymore.
  • Damage from projectile hits is correctly reflected in the players HP.
  • Projectiles no longer kill you from high HP (related to the above).
  • After dying from a projectile hit, players now respawn with the correct health (instead of 0.5).
  • Saints (players with 100AP) are correctly protected from projectiles.
  • Projectiles now correctly injure saints in GC event levels. Before, the bugs with projectiles meant that saints could sometimes have an advantage.
  • Players now drop gelat (rupees) and bomb/bow ammo when dying. Before it only dropped from projectile deaths. Items wont drop in spar rooms or some GC events.
  • Players with over 98AP are dropped to 98 if they attack a fort. This is to prevent saints from easily taking the flag.
  • Turning on the lantern no longer displays the last item you carried over your head. (This was surprisingly hard to fix!)

Known New Issues:
  • You might recoil in a funny direction after a projectile hit. This will be fixed in due time.
  • The lantern appears in a slightly wrong position, and may be cut in half. As far as I know, that was a problem before I made the fixes above.

Proof that the staff are crazy..
*Ghost Pirate: I'm a little teacup short and stubbe here is my raygun here is my butt
DragonX: Jumping jack rabbits Batman! Our eggo waffles have been stolen! To the batmobile Robin!
X-Mann (RC): I have a head ache

Last edited by Polo; 08-24-2007 at 04:37 AM.. Reason: Fixes to lantern made.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:19 PM
Like I said to you on Graal, very impressed with all the speedy and efficient bug fixes. Got another one for you
  • Projectiles only accounting for deaths, not kills. Projectiles also not showing as the "Last Killed" or "Last Killed By" profile stat.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:00 PM
Classic Systems Admin
Thanks Rufus. Here's a list for changes made so far today. I'll update it as I make more edits, though I don't think I'll be on for that long today.

Did a number of bug fixes today...

Fixes:
  • Players now recoil in the correct direction when hit by an arrow/projectile.
  • The 'Knife of Fiends' will move saints even though it does not injure them. This allows it to be used to move players with 100AP who are blocking doors.
  • To compensate as it's use as a path clearer, hitting saints with the Knife of Fiends does not cause the player to suffer damage. This may only be a temporary change until better path clearing methods are added.
  • I checked into the report of projectile kills not correctly updating the attackers stats, but cannot reproduce it. It seems the profile data was just slow to update.
  • Improved the hit detection for arrows. Before you had to hit quite high on a player (around the head), whereas now body shots count instead. Thrown projectiles were unaffected by the issue.

Known New Issues:
  • If the player has used the lantern since logging in, a glow is shown when lifting things. The cause of this is similar to that of the previous lantern bugs, and may affect other GANIs too.

I might make a thread to put all these fixes/updates in.

*Ghost Pirate: I'm a little teacup short and stubbe here is my raygun here is my butt
DragonX: Jumping jack rabbits Batman! Our eggo waffles have been stolen! To the batmobile Robin!

Last edited by Polo; 08-25-2007 at 12:37 AM.. Reason: Improved hit detection for arrows.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:09 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Just add it so that the players can push/pull each other
Old 08-25-2007, 01:09 AM
  • Knife of Fiends doesn't register kills either, it does register deaths though; not a case of lag this time. It also is not showing as the "Last Killed" or "Last Killed By" profile stat.
  • Saints with Knife of Fiends can use it to PK, without loosing their sainthood. Saint + Fiend =

Last edited by Rufus; 08-25-2007 at 03:56 AM..
Old 08-25-2007, 07:23 PM
Classic Systems Admin
Only a few fixes today, as I'm quite busy this weekend with other things.

Fixes:
  • Knife of Fiends will now drop saints to 95AP if they successfully injure an opponent with it.
  • Staff who have enabled god mode and then gone off tag are now correctly injured by the Knife of Fiends.
  • Similarly, staff who went off tag whilst god mode was enabled now lose health when dropping small hearts.

Known New Issues:
  • Knife of Fiends does not count towards kills stats, nor does it affect AP or spar ratings. This is because it bypasses the main damage system. This is easy enough to fix, but will take a while.

Last edited by Polo; 08-25-2007 at 11:53 PM.. Reason: Fixes to god mode when going off tag.