Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-10-2008, 12:29 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Door View Post
Riiiiight Just keep sayin that pal, as you quickly uninstall it and try to figure out how to open the command prompt.
I played nethack via a bash terminal in Linux
Old 07-10-2008, 12:47 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
I played nethack via a bash terminal in Linux
That's what me and Seggy does too.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 07-10-2008, 01:03 AM
Empress Door the Unhinged
Door is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to behold
LOL this is rich stuff guys. I've turned this thread into the most horrific slew of geek gloatery imaginable. You should all be ashamed!
Old 07-10-2008, 01:10 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
But I win, simply for the fact I brought it up in the first place. Yay me.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:37 AM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
Quote:
Then why don't you telnet nethack? No need to have it installed
I was actually lying when I said I had NetHack installed. I used to have a copy of the source code though, which I used to produce an ultra sissy version where all fountains where infinite and always gave you a wish. Needless to say, the ensuing game was so boring I couldn't bring myself to finish the game with the grossly overpowered character.

Quote:
Riiiiight Just keep sayin that pal, as you quickly uninstall it and try to figure out how to open the command prompt.
I gave up on a terminal-only operating system when it became apparent that there were a ton of useful things I couldn't do without a window manager.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:48 AM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
k, so whats this thread about
im insanely confused
Old 07-10-2008, 01:50 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
im insanely confused
So why are you posting in it?
For christ sake, stop trolling!

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 07-10-2008, 02:04 AM
Banned
xAzerothx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to xAzerothx Send a message via MSN to xAzerothx Send a message via Yahoo to xAzerothx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
im insanely confused
its some nurd game

leave while u can
Old 07-10-2008, 02:05 AM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
So why are you posting in it?
For christ sake, stop trolling!

well.. i DO have the right to post in any thread i like, so im going to use that right? i can troll if i want to, no one asked you
Old 07-10-2008, 02:28 AM
Sup
Mafukie will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Mafukie Send a message via AIM to Mafukie
There are already a bunch of really good MUDs out there, this one will have to take at least a year to develop with all the descriptions and such. Development team will have to be ran with a bunch of MUD nerds. There is potential since you can use the client to give it a dynamic customizable gui interface so it rids the use of a MUD client. There is much work to be done to get this off the ground!
Old 12-22-2008, 04:06 AM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
I fully support this effort and if only because it finally allows us to close down the graphics subforum.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:24 PM
Banned
Thallen is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Thallen Send a message via AIM to Thallen Send a message via MSN to Thallen Send a message via Yahoo to Thallen
I do not understand the effort to turn a graphical game into a text-based game. Is that not a step backwards?
Old 12-22-2008, 05:26 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallen View Post
I do not understand the effort to turn a graphical game into a text-based game. Is that not a step backwards?
Would it be backwards? Are text-games inferior to graphic games? Are 3D games superior to 2D games? Is progression always superior?

It wouldn't say it's a step backwards, nor would I say it is a step forward... they're just two different things.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:37 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
It wouldn't say it's a step backwards, nor would I say it is a step forward... they're just two different things.
It's more of a strafe sideways, but still trotting along at the same speed
Old 03-23-2011, 10:13 PM
I've decided to pick this project up again for sheer awesomeness and lack of graphical effort involved. I might even make an iPhone version.