Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2008, 02:25 AM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Graal is an "M"MORPG with an extra ability to upload player content. I cannot believe anyone would attempt to disagree. Then again you don't even play Graal anymore, so I don't really blame you.
No I dont play graal anymore (cant think of ANY other game that I have played for 8 years tho) I do however like developing on it.

But its kind of odd that the "extra ability" is the majority of graal, as they only advertise graal kingdoms as an mmorpg.

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:59 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
But its kind of odd that the "extra ability" is the majority of graal, as they only advertise graal kingdoms as an mmorpg.
The majority of Graal are not developers or developing, they are normal players. The servers are playermade, yes, but that doesn't affect what I had said before.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:09 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
The majority of Graal are not developers or developing, they are normal players. The servers are playermade, yes, but that doesn't affect what I had said before.
No, but the majority of graal depend on the player developed content, if you took away the possibility of using it as a game engine you would been stuck with:

- Graal Classic
- Graal 2001
- Graal kingdoms

So yes its a game but its also a development platform and its not just a small "extra ability"

My Albums
Quote:
Old 12-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
No, but the majority of graal depend on the player developed content, if you took away the possibility of using it as a game engine you would been stuck with:

- Graal Classic
- Graal 2001
- Graal kingdoms

So yes its a game but its also a development platform and its not just a small "extra ability"
This is why I say it's failing as a game, because it relies too heavily on player submitted content. But just because player submitted content is keeping Graal alive doesn't change what Graal is.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Banned
Thallen is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Thallen Send a message via AIM to Thallen Send a message via MSN to Thallen Send a message via Yahoo to Thallen

Welcome to school.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:32 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Quote:
But just because player submitted content is keeping Graal alive doesn't change what Graal is.
Yes a zelda clone development platform with hosting possibilities

My Albums
Quote:
Old 12-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Yes a zelda clone development platform with hosting possibilities
No, a game with development & hosting possibilities. People don't register to develop, they register to play. The sooner CJ sees this the sooner Graal will stop dying.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:28 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallen View Post

Welcome to school.
thallen ftw
Old 12-05-2008, 10:09 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Quote:
No, a game with development & hosting possibilities. People don't register to develop, they register to play.
yea like back in 2000.

My Albums
Quote:
Old 12-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Quote:
yea like back in 2000.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono
Just because it's failing as a game does not change the fact that it's just that; a game that people pay to play.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:41 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono
Just because it's failing as a game does not change the fact that it's just that; a game that people pay to play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdor
yea like back in 2000.
When it actually was a game right now its more like Torque but with server hosting in my eyes (which i think is great for all of us noob devers )

I think they should start selling the engine to interested (and good) game developers and make some deal so they also host the games for them, then im sure they would make some money and we would perhaps have some quality servers to play on
besides our noob servers that is most likely a ripoff of some popular game with corrupt immature staffs and photoshop filtered classic graphics

My Albums
Quote:
Old 12-05-2008, 11:54 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Wow, Elk, you have no clue, do you?
Old 12-06-2008, 12:00 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk

Old 12-06-2008, 12:01 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
dumb image
HAHAHAHAHA... so clever!
Old 12-06-2008, 12:02 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Hehe xD I know right

Closed Thread