Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-30-2008, 03:52 AM
Banned
Thallen is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Thallen Send a message via AIM to Thallen Send a message via MSN to Thallen Send a message via Yahoo to Thallen
Connection

For the past month or so, when I load up Graal I am "disconnected from the game server" prior to even having my accounts list show up. Why is this?
Old 10-30-2008, 04:05 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
The sign on screen(accounts) is actually on a server... so if you're not having a connection to Graal, you can't even get that far.

As for why... firewall maybe?
Old 10-30-2008, 04:18 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Graal has become self aware and has rejected you.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:54 PM
Banned
Send a message via ICQ to Thallen Send a message via AIM to Thallen Send a message via MSN to Thallen Send a message via Yahoo to Thallen
I use no firewall.
I am on a satellite connection which pings roughly 2000, but I don't think that's any excuse for this, considering it does it just about instantly when I start up Graal without it really giving me any chance to take a few seconds to make the connection.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:56 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallen View Post
I use no firewall.
I am on a satellite connection which pings roughly 2000, but I don't think that's any excuse for this, considering it does it just about instantly when I start up Graal without it really giving me any chance to take a few seconds to make the connection.
I normally use a 3G internet connection which, if I haven't connected to anything else beforehand, can sometimes have pretty high pings of up to 3000ms and yet I don't experience this. Are you using any other sort of network equipment like a router that could be giving you trouble? Have you tried toggling the "Don't use UDP" in the Graal options (if you can)?
Old 10-30-2008, 07:02 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Ya, it's probably the UDP. I found one on of the modes(I don't remember if it was unchecked or checked) that as soon as I had a little lag and Graal didn't get information from me, it disconnected me. I can only imagine with such a high ping, it's the same case here.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:03 PM
Banned
Okay, I'm getting to the accounts screen now, but getting that same connection error immediately when I click start... or whatever it is.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:20 AM
Banned
I still need help with this if anyone is available.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Banned
Dean will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I still need help with this if anyone is available.
Why not try logging in using your [email protected] e-mail address?
Old 12-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
Why not try logging in using your [email protected] e-mail address?
Why do that when I could use [email protected]?

If someone would like to post a legit solution, I'm still looking. A PM is acceptable also.

Last edited by Thallen; 12-04-2008 at 08:18 PM.. Reason: we shock u
Old 12-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Banned
Dean will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Why do that when I could use [email protected]?
Maybe because that address doesn't exist? Oh wait.

By the way, the problem you're talking about probably has something to do with this if it is an error that has just started up again today.