Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 02:31 PM
lag_PKer can only hope to improve
Email to Stefan

Hello,
I'm writing an email to Stefan. It's almost done and I think one of the sections may need fixed up a little because it's the one I have the least suggestions for. Looking for advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lag_PKer
Next I will be talking about player subscriptions.
Why are they ineffective? What can you do to fix it?

A lot of players complain that observer mode is the problem. If it's the sole reason people don't bother subscribing, why does Zodiac have so many trials?
Problem #1 - Zodiac
Zodiac by itself is a trial's haven, therefore the biggest problem to this. They don't have to subscribe to reach max level, freely play events, or own the best weapons and items.
If it were up to me I would force Zodiac into playing a level cap of 55. This level cap would enable useage of most armor anyway so they wouldn't get slaughtered in 3 seconds but it would disable them from being able to use the top tier weapons. It would also allow them to get most of the skills from a single class.

Problem #2 - Possibly Era
Era may be the same way as Zodiac. I went on their server and asked about trial restrictions and all I got was "they can have everything it just takes longer".
I think that's a good thing but this server may need more restrictions for them. Would be able to give more details but Era has an extremely unfriendly playerbase who aren't willing to supply me with basic information.

Problem #3 - Graal Store
A popular misconception is that this game is expensive.

WoW (a major game) costs 15 dollars a month to play.
Graal costs 3 euro (probably 4 dollars) a month to play.
I notice the site says "2400 gelats can be converted to 8 months of play". For some reason, people have a problem with this. I would recommend underlining that citation from earlier because I don't think players understand what a good deal that is, considering Graal's massive replayability.
Another solution is to include relative but shorter and cheaper plans. I assume some players have an issue with spending 24 hours in one go.

Problem #4 - Classic Accounts
Notice I put this at #4. I honestly think this should be the last to be changed but if 1, 2, and 3 are implimented, 4 shouldn't be a problem.
I think a lot of new players move on to different games because they feel it's unfair that they have to pay a subscription fee for things people are paying nothing for and I honestly see their point.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:23 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Just give up already, he obviously doesn't care.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:20 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Supporting the current trial system (Observer mode) is probably one of the easiest ways to "troll" these forums.

Just going to dismiss all of lag_pker's posts from now on.

When you take away a feature and make it require a subscription that is a restriction and always will be, it is absolutely terrible that Zodiac and Era have had to restrict rather than provide benefits in order to get observer mode removed. Observer mode has been bleeding Graal dry since V5 was released and needs to be removed regardless of in-game shop infrastructure.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:30 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Thinking Stefan will make a meaningful response towards anything regarding the subscription policy or trial restrictions is probably one of the easiest ways to "troll" these forums.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:37 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
30/100. You didn't make any points that anyone, especially a businessman, would dare listen to, and your writing is subpar at best. Ignoring this if it were to show up in an inbox would be the understandable thing to do. You quite obviously confused your ideas for the best course of action, and somehow maintain the belief that Graal in its current state would ever be worth money. Also, I don't know if you know what this is, but start figuring out what they're used for:

I just bought six amazing games for $3.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:05 PM
I don't necessarily frequent these forums, aside from when I personally post, or something crazy is happening like "Managerial changes" so not sure I'd know what's easy to use to troll on here?

I don't really 100% agree with the subscriptions but it's clear Stefan (or Unix) is never going to completely get rid of them so I may as well come down to his level?

also what's the real problem with observer mode? Trials are given hours of free time, then they're required to pay. IIRC WoW gives you a week of free time then just disabled your account.

Kia, thanks for the feedback! Right now the email is a rough draft so when I go through it again, the language will be a lot more appropriate for what it's worth. It's about 3 pages long already so I'm just trying to rush through it and fix it later.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
Just give up already, he obviously doesn't care.
Doesn't care about what?

He clearly wants restriction to trials (observer mode), and now Zodiac & Era let them run wild.

I've heard from several staff on UN that are "in the know" that Stefan doesn't like the idea of Classic accounts and I give him reason to change them (being unfair to paying players).

I suggest changes in the subscription methods without asking him to lower the costs.

I don't see what's wrong here.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:16 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
What is up

with you posting

like this

also your email

is dumb
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:09 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
I just bought six amazing games for $3.
Humble Indie Bundle?

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:55 PM
Classic Developer.
TheGodAngelo is just really niceTheGodAngelo is just really nice
Please, don't email this to anyone. The owners already have low respect for us.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:57 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Humble Indie Bundle?
Humble Indie Bundle.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:58 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by lag_PKer View Post
Hello,
I'm writing an email to Stefan. It's almost done and I think one of the sections may need fixed up a little because it's the one I have the least suggestions for. Looking for advice.
You really telling them to add Observer Mode so people HAVE to upgrade? And add more restrictions on Zod/Era. Seriously.....No words man, no words.
You should be banned on the Forums RIGHT NOW.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 09-21-2012, 02:46 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
And people say I'm a *****.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.

Last edited by MattKan; 09-21-2012 at 02:50 AM.. Reason: edit: that's supposed to say "mor0n", which for some reason is censored
Old 09-21-2012, 03:07 AM
it wasn't me
boolean is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGodAngelo View Post
this
Old 09-21-2012, 04:45 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by lag_PKer View Post
Doesn't care about what?
Your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGodAngelo View Post