Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 05:41 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Emera Story-Line

Just starting to make the OSL for my server and was wondering if you guys can have a read of this and comment on what you think i can improve on or add. Thanks!

Prolouge-
Millions of years ago, a strange star fell from the heavens. A dark green emerald flew with speed that scatered light as far as the eye could see. It blitzed its way towards the center of the land they call Emera. The sky flew ablaze as it drilled it's way into the surface. As is gradually grinded to a halt, a dark green mist emerged from withing the impact crater, and it flew across the land. It is said, that on that very night, all the villagers within a hundered miles, had nightmares...

-Characters story
You grew up on a farm village on a hilltop with only you and your parents. You lived there for many years, not stopping to think once of the wonders beyond your farm gate. One day, as your father returned to his dutys as a guard at the castle, you hear of a thick green mist approaching the land. Your father never returned from his dutys at the castle. You wondered for many years what had happened to your poor father, until one day, your mother sat down with you at the dinner table, and told you everything. You sought revenge, the horror and the agony that filled your mind that day drove you to seek this green mist, and purge the land of emera of it...
Old 04-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Red face Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emera View Post
Just starting to make the OSL for my server and was wondering if you guys can have a read of this and comment on what you think i can improve on or add. Thanks!

Prolouge-
Millions of years ago, a strange star fell from the heavens. A dark green emerald flew with speed that scatered light as far as the eye could see. It blitzed its way towards the center of the land they call Emera. The sky flew ablaze as it drilled it's way into the surface. As is gradually grinded to a halt, a dark green mist emerged from withing the impact crater, and it flew across the land. It is said, that on that very night, all the villagers within a hundered miles, had nightmares...

-Characters story
You grew up on a farm village on a hilltop with only you and your parents. You lived there for many years, not stopping to think once of the wonders beyond your farm gate. One day, as your father returned to his dutys as a guard at the castle, you hear of a thick green mist approaching the land. Your father never returned from his dutys at the castle. You wondered for many years what had happened to your poor father, until one day, your mother sat down with you at the dinner table, and told you everything. You sought revenge, the horror and the agony that filled your mind that day drove you to seek this green mist, and purge the land of emera of it...
Im also working on a cutscene too but i have no idea were to start any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 04-05-2011, 05:51 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG Plots for Begineers
-Characters story
Traditional young man with no heroic aspirations loses his [FAMILY/FRIEND/PET/THING] to [BAD THING], swears revenge and begins journey to become hero of the [LAND/PLANET/GALAXY]
How cliche

Last edited by kia345; 04-05-2011 at 06:02 PM..
Old 04-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Delterian Hybrid
I think its good with a classic perspective to it
Old 04-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Vendetta
JesusFreak250 will become famous soon enough
I think the story lines great =P
Old 04-05-2011, 08:40 PM
Not the fruit.
Kiwi27 will become famous soon enough
I don't understand. Why did they name their land after the big evil rock?

I like it otherwise, though
Old 04-05-2011, 09:31 PM
Not the fruit.
Kiwi27 will become famous soon enough
Double Post.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:37 AM
Delterian Hybrid
Thanks stefun LOLZ
Old 04-06-2011, 01:42 AM
Delterian Hybrid
lol dude real bad fake
Old 04-06-2011, 02:41 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
His not a fake "technically". He comes from parus not paris, his stefun not stefan and stefan doesnt post frequently and improperly. I get the feeling stefun is 12 o.0

Also the storyline sounds ok. But if you came from the iPhone this server wont work for you... There are very few pros, and they are all working on other projects. You should've got your dev skills up before even attempting such a story.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:43 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricxta View Post
His not a fake "technically". He comes from parus not paris, his stefun not stefan and stefan doesnt post frequently and improperly. I get the feeling stefun is 12 o.0
he probably lives on Eurth
Old 04-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Trix you are coming across as saying i am "incapable" of completing a task i set for myself. If this is how you intended to come across, then please, stop posting on my threads. Other wise, Very sorry
Old 04-06-2011, 08:23 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
the storyline you have posted did not grab my attention for even a second. i think you should worry more about the gameplay of your server than the story-line.

if this is a linear-quest based server, then you need to post more information about the server and how it relates to the storyline because what you have posted now isn't something we can really comment on. green gems flying through the sky causing green-mist that causes nightmares that kills your father that years later your mother reveals the truth to you about? i mean come on...you make the player seem incredibly ignorant.

you have said that this will have a "classic-perspective" so can we assume the typical sword-style? if so, then i hope to god you don't try and make every quest into a "kill the baddies to move onto the next level where it's a bush maze!" type ****

basically, if you are trying to centralize this storyline as the pinnacle of your server to which everything revolves, then it really needs some work. if it isn't central, and is only there to explain the relevance of certain gameplay aspects, then you should go completely the otherway with this - make it as cliche as possible and completely disconnected from the actual purpose of the server (whatever that may end up being)
Old 04-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Delterian Hybrid
This isn't called the "what should i worry about" section. Its called "Emera story line"

But thanks for your opinion anyway
Old 04-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Mr. Blu
Shards-Of-Fate will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via MSN to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via Yahoo to Shards-Of-Fate
Okay. Well then lets talk about your storyline.

You have something major to worry about.

(P.S. Something more constructive. Chances are your story has been told. As a multiplayer game, you're going to need to form an even broader storyline. You might want to get in touch with some writers and develop your plot line. )

Weee!~