Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-21-2010, 11:56 PM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
I didn't get staff boots when I was GAT on Maloria. I can see both sides of it, though.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 03-22-2010, 12:41 AM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
On Unholy Nation, the only time I see staff boots being used.. is when it's not needed. LATs/GPs just having their boots on walking over houses and etc for the fun of it. It's quite irritating to see, let alone 5-6 staff members just sitting on top of a house idling.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:13 AM
Joe Cruddas (VIP)
gravator has a spectacular aura aboutgravator has a spectacular aura about
The only staff that should even have boots are GP, If you need staff boots as a faq, you are NOT a good faq and should just quit now.

A good faq knows about the zone they are hired for, knows how to get through the quests, where everything is, and the best way to get through those quests/locations without having to actually BE there.

On many servers that had been revived for the short time they were up (years ago mind you, the game sucks right now and i don't even have it installed) a staff would just warp me through the quest to the finish, that's just not good for the player at all.

And gats? Don't they just get things animated and looking neat? Why in the world would ANY gat need staff boots? A player says the windmill isn't spinning when it should? Ok, walk yourself to said player, it's not hard, What's that? You don't know the way? I thought a requirement for certain staff was lots of hours but that may just be a mild suggestion these days if you have staff that can't find their way around the zone they work on without help, and that's a darn shame.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:17 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
The whole, "Graal did it better years ago" doesn't really apply here... staff(ya, ALL staff) have been abusing their tools since it was just GP's.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:36 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
GP and FAQ are PR related and thus it does come in handy depending on the situation such as help in quests, or anything else.

GAT: I have no clue. I guess it's a benefit?

All other positions really need it for dev related purposes especially LAT's when constructing levels around npc barricades or blocking tiles, or just navigating easier.

Imp, you really expect too much finesse out of a bunch of graalians who aren't getting paid.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 03-22-2010, 03:08 AM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
Imp, you really expect too much finesse out of a bunch of graalians who aren't getting paid.
You have two choices:
Work without compensation
or
Don't work at all
Old 03-22-2010, 03:21 AM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Literally everybody seriousposting in this thread needs to get the hell away from running playerworlds
Old 03-22-2010, 03:33 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
I'm an expert on this stuff and I think staff should not only have boots but reset, ban, etc
Old 03-22-2010, 04:28 AM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
Literally everybody seriousposting in this thread needs to get the hell away from running playerworlds
forreals. i <3 my boots, editplayer command, invisibility, etc. etc. they're pretty much the only reason to stay on the staff team.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:55 AM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Boots are fine if you have a dev server I guess. I can't see any real reason a staff member would need boots on a live server though.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:02 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloven View Post
Boots are fine if you have a dev server I guess. I can't see any real reason a staff member would need boots on a live server though.
Walls are a ***** to navigate around regardless of server status.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:12 AM
Delteria
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Walls are a ***** to navigate around regardless of server status.
Why do you need to navigate through walls with boots on a live server though, and, why boots over some other sort of (possibly less offensive) wNPC? I'm just having trouble thinking of any practical, logical purpose.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the novelty of staff boots. ;P
Old 03-22-2010, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloven View Post
Why do you need to navigate through walls with boots on a live server though, and, why boots over some other sort of (possibly less offensive) wNPC? I'm just having trouble thinking of any practical, logical purpose.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the novelty of staff boots. ;P
What exactly is offensive? Boots are not offensive... staff using them have the potential to be, though. In that case, deal with the staff, not the tools. There are, of course, lines to draw with staff tools... but staff boots are way down on the list. Also, you can take steps to prevent abusive use of things like boots. Disabling the sword/weapons while using them, for example.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:39 AM
Delteria
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
What exactly is offensive? Boots are not offensive... staff using them have the potential to be, though. In that case, deal with the staff, not the tools. There are, of course, lines to draw with staff tools... but staff boots are way down on the list. Also, you can take steps to prevent abusive use of things like boots. Disabling the sword/weapons while using them, for example.
I don't disagree, but that still doesn't really answer my question regarding the 'why' factor... what are some practical purposes for having them on a live server (other than selective conveniences)? The fact that an item in this case can be rendered relatively harmless does not necessarily justify its existence and subsequent usage. That's all I'm saying.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:41 AM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
instead of asking "why?", man should ask, "why not?" the world would be a much more interesting place.