Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 12:11 AM
Kds Xanadu
Dante55555 is an unknown quantity at this point
Problem with Iricia/Zone Idea thread

EDIT: This was just going to start off as a rant about Iricia but..it turned into more, I guess.

I don't know how many of you can go back with me on this, but here I go:

Iricia, an epic planet. I recall the dozens of people running around on it, the bullets from smg and appirces flying all around you. I remember the countless raids on base 1 with good friends like Jo, Dark, rykuz and all my other close friends.

This was back when life on Zone was good, when you could actually idle on Iricia and not get killed. This was back when if you used appirces you were considered lame. If you EVER strafed with pistols, you were beyond forgiveness.

One of my earliest Zone memories was chilling out at base 4 with Riley. This was back when everyone who was cool hung around base 4. Man, those really were the days. Although it is just a video game, Zone has some of my fondest memories. I've met some truly amazing people and had some good times with them.

I see Zone now as this...grotesque shadow of what it once was.

No one plays Alpha anymore, the greatest planet of all time. No one touches WildCross, Alpha's close second. Zone is no longer the great server it once was. I came back to a server filled with players that cared about nothing but getting more kills.

They didn't savor gameplay, they didn't savor a good battle. To this very day, I can't shoot someone who doesn't have a weapon out. Sometimes I make exceptions, like if someone lamed me and such, but 9 times out of 10 I can't do it.

Basically, I want all of your help to bring Zone back to the way it was. I would love to see all the things from Old Zone back, but one of the vital things missing is the great community. All of my old friends are something I could never replace..

So I want to know what you guys think. I want to know everything and anything you think could make Zone better.

Here is an example:

Iricia is no longer Iricia. You could take out all the bases and no one would complain. The main objective of Iricia now is to get to the other teams HQ and lame them before they lame you.

What happened to scurrying to base 1 at the start of each round? I remember racing people to get there all the time! I remember I could jetpack from Sweep to Base 1 soooo fast.

I want your ideas. I want to know what YOU as the players think we can/should do to try and fix this problem. What can we do to make people want to actually play Iricia again?

The same thing applies to any other problem. What is wrong with Zone in your opinion and what should be done to fix it?

I will be extremely strict on posts in here. Here are the things I will be looking for:

*Posts that actually make sense and have relatively acceptable grammar. i dnt wnt to sort threw psts liek this.
*I want you to post what you feel is wrong with Zone, but I don't want you to post something stupid like "gelat noobs need to die" or something. Problems like the problem with Iricia may be listed.
*List a problem. You are not required to actually post a solution to your problem, but you may bring it up as a topic of discussion.
*Posts that have constructive criticism. No outright flaming will be tolerated.
*DO NOT POST PROBLEMS WITH A STAFF MEMBER IN THIS THREAD. If it is something you are truly concerned about PM Daniel or myself.

These will be editted as this thread goes on, I'm sure, but for now those are the basics.

Thanks for all your help in advance,

- Dante
Old 11-05-2008, 12:17 AM
Dionne Førever
DeathOfRa is on a distinguished road
Well, I say make bots randomly spawn in HQs. Base lamers will have competitions. :O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmer View Post
The voices in my head like to bicker with each other.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:19 AM
Daniel
Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOfRa View Post
Well, I say make bots randomly spawn in HQs. Base lamers will have competitions. :O
*smells brilliant idea if we work that out properly*
Old 11-05-2008, 12:21 AM
Chalk one up to me!
bahamutstevetff will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to bahamutstevetff Send a message via Yahoo to bahamutstevetff
we could theoretically remove all the crap new weapons from zone XD, i miss the days when the worse the weapon, the more fun it was to use.

for heavens sake, remove hotkeys...if not...remove jetpaco hotkey.

old trial system, or atleast let trials have guild tags. i remember when being in a guild was actually worth something.

the reason no one chills on iricia or deathmatch as i remember so fondly is because of the spar planet. i really hate spar planet.

remove all event items and go hace to hosting like 1 event item a year, like when stormys had reapers and everyone was like woah.

make proxies visable again, i had many fun days on alpha (my old fav planet) hiding them behind barrels and trees then rushing someone with my trusty plasma sabre or smg!

i remember aprippers and appirces being tweaked, cant remember the specifics but i kow it ruined them both.

these are just my personal opinions, im sure it wont reflect most of your opinions but yeah, these are what I would love to see.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:21 AM
Kds Xanadu
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
*smells brilliant idea if we work that out properly*
As long as they shoot at the people laming and can't harm the HQ they are defending, it's a relatively good idea.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:24 AM
Dionne Førever
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamutstevetff View Post
we could theoretically remove all the crap new weapons from zone XD, i miss the days when the worse the weapon, the more fun it was to use.

old trial system, or atleast let trials have guild tags. i remember when being in a guild was actually worth something.

the reason no one chills on iricia or deathmatch as i remember so fondly is because of the spar planet. i really hate spar planet.

remove all event items and go hace to hosting like 1 event item a year, like when stormys had reapers and everyone was like woah.

make proxies visable again, i had many fun days on alpha (my old fav planet) hiding them behind barrels and trees then rushing someone with my trusty plasma sabre or smg!

i remember aprippers and appirces being tweaked, cant remember the specifics but i kow it ruined them both.

these are just my personal opinions, im sure it wont reflect most of your opinions but yeah, these are what I would love to see.
Or...
Lets put a kill requirement to use the Gelat shop! Or put the rank restrictions on most weapons so we won't see a new recruit running around clicking maddly with chainsaws and Photons.
Quote:
Old 11-05-2008, 12:27 AM
Kds Xanadu
Quote:
I don't think that would work..

Quote:
Can make it so that some items can't be hotkeyed.

Quote:
Explain what you want trials to be able to do in more detail. What was the "old trial system"?

Quote:
As much as I liked that method, I do not think the current community would agree with that decision.

Quote:
We could maybe make proxis visible again and put the invisible proxis in gelat shop or make them more expensive than the visible kind.

I am not so sure about removing the invisible proxis entirely. Can make a poll for it, though.

Quote:
I can still kick *** with appirces when I'm in the mood. How are they ruined?

Quote:
Thank you for your input.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:28 AM
Kds Xanadu
Quote:
Or...
Lets put a kill requirement to use the Gelat shop! Or put the rank restrictions on most weapons so we won't see a new recruit running around clicking maddly with chainsaws and Photons.
No @ kill requirement for Gelat shop.

Yes @ more rank restrictions.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:29 AM
Chalk one up to me!
Send a message via MSN to bahamutstevetff Send a message via Yahoo to bahamutstevetff
Quote:
Or...
that would kick bottom!

i miss the days when you see a trial with a g18 and he kills some one you get team chat spammes with /OMG Dat G18 r so lame!!!!! , now you see a trial with g18 its like ...lol i could just hover my mouse overhim hold strafe and click his character and kill him in 4 shots with my super imaginative greenrifle.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:37 AM
Chalk one up to me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante55555 View Post

Explain what you want trials to be able to do in more detail. What was the "old trial system"?
trials logged on and had basic towelie outfits. they had 100 hp, im indifferent on that part, they just enjoy the excuse to lose. they could join guilds (notice how guilds have failed miserably since trials stopped being allowed)
they could use scout and commando! i miss having GOOD trials to fight like DDc and isicle. now trials are just slow with less hp and easy to kill, and spars just too laggy.

best of all they couldnt save, they would log on and fight untill they was half decent players as trials, often trying to get bluerifle as trial, what an achievment! or going for bounty! TRIAL GLORY!...and when they got good, upgrade and try to get half decent stats because now they can save...now trials get like 200 deaths before they get a feel for the game. i miss old trials.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:38 AM
Zone Oracle
Huwajux will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Huwajux Send a message via MSN to Huwajux
Quote:
Agreed. All this overpowered 'assault pistol' crap has totally ruined Iricia's sense of achievement. The Bluerifle needs to have 15 damage again, the red rifle needs to go, all of these stupid '1 month only' weapons need to have an increase in price but be permanent.
Quote:
Couple this with the overpowered weapon and you have the key culprits in Iricia's demise. Hotkeys are evil reincarnated. The idea of them was brought up so many times, and was rejected on multiple occasions for ruining the game and making things extremely 'lame'. Some bright spark decided to go against the player's wishes and add them anyway.
Quote:
I doubt they will revert back to the old trial system, but guild tags were one of the earliest mistakes which hit Zone hard. Guilds instilled a deep sense of community and some guilds took off very well. There were fun guild rivalries and tons of cool guild events to settle them. Now that trials cannot join guilds it totally disbanded the community. Guilds were actually a great reason for trials to upgrade. The one thing Graal doesn't lack is community, and people upgraded because then they could really get into the game and hang around with their friends more. When guilds were removed, a lot of friends became distant and lost interest in Zone, because technically, the server itself is not outstanding by a mile.
Quote:
Hmm, well the spar planet is a good idea in theory, but this isn't really a thing that can be dealt with. The staff aren't going to remove a perfectly popular planet. Although the map's emphasis should be more greatly placed on the Alpha planet.
Quote:
It was more like a month dude, lol. The amount of events are insane now. Once a month for PERMANENT event items seems good, with smaller events held in between to tide things over for things like 200 pipebombs or whatever.
Quote:
Uh, yeah. Why the hell were they made invisible? I know Zone isn't regarded highly for its logic, but this is just idiotic.
Quote:
Appirces had an increase in freeze time on the user, and although it was very slight, it made a huge difference. The apripper for some weird reason had bullet time effects added and their freeze time for the user was decreased.

Kds, if you can manage to get any of these fixed, then it would help Zone out so much.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:42 AM
Dionne Førever
For gods sake, what the hell happened to the cookies? >:[
Quote:
Old 11-05-2008, 12:42 AM
Zone Oracle
Huwajux will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Huwajux Send a message via MSN to Huwajux
Quote:
For gods sake, what the hell happened to the cookies? >:[
They are gone, trust me, it's for the better. Notice the increase in medics?
Old 11-05-2008, 12:44 AM
Chalk one up to me!
maybe we could split up spar and alpha, because newbies proberly spend months thinking "i wonder why its called alpha-spar" then oneday the happen to come across this teleporter hidden in the bottom corner of the map, that takes them to some random desolate map where none ever plays. alpha was so fun back in the day.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:47 AM
Dionne Førever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huwajux View Post
They are gone, trust me, it's for the better. Notice the increase in medics?
Yeah cookies were convienent for getting rid of poison...

On another note, the new weapon gui failed when they brought it out. I liked the old one because you could use it with arrow keys alot faster.
Quote: