Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 09:45 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
A few -easy- suggestions

• If you are "PK" status, you should not be able to run into houses (particularly sewer houses). This should be easy enough to add.
  • Remove point deductions because all they do is discourage raiding (even though points don't do anything, people still seem to care).
  • This might be pushing it, but I think gang bases should have health doors to get OUT for everyone (even the gang who owns it). This would be to prevent mindless running in and out, and make gangs focus more on strategy.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:33 PM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
  • This might be pushing it, but I think gang bases should have health doors to get OUT for everyone (even the gang who owns it). This would be to prevent mindless running in and out, and make gangs focus more on strategy.
My thoughts on this would be a lot of 'hey come in here' and instantly be trapped by 4 gang members with overpowered guns

the other ideas are good though, no doubt should be implemented

Old 05-14-2010, 10:49 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
The gang doors should only open/close by use of the switches. If you run up to a door that's switch/code/print locked and it opens, why can't anyone just open it o.O This would probably solve your running problem with the clientside opening gang only doors.

My 5 cents:

Logging out on gang tag and/or in a gang base on gang tag should remove 4 points. I've seen many people willing to waste a minute of their life logging out and back in (dying anyway) to save those 2 points. Even people *picks on Donark* who log out and come back on a guest to wait till its clear then log back in. Its lulz .
Old 05-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Yeah, logging off and setting nicks seems to be the kewl thing to do. However, if you don't lose points, I don't think people would care to log off and run as much. I'm probably wrong though.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:16 AM
elite_master is an unknown quantity at this point
Good ideas. Gang points should actually do something.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:36 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
  • If you are "PK" status, you should not be able to run into houses (particularly sewer houses). This should be easy enough to add.
Okay, I'll add this.

Quote:
  • Remove point deductions because all they do is discourage raiding (even though points don't do anything, people still seem to care).
I like this idea, but my thoughts are that points will need to reset weekly or monthly for this to work.

Quote:
Not an awful idea but I don't think it would work very well.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:37 AM
Finger lickin' good.
at least try it, if it doesn't work undo it. It's not hard!
Old 05-15-2010, 02:33 AM
hunterhunk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
My 5 cents:

Logging out on gang tag and/or in a gang base on gang tag should remove 4 points. I've seen many people willing to waste a minute of their life logging out and back in (dying anyway) to save those 2 points. Even people *picks on Donark* who log out and come back on a guest to wait till its clear then log back in. Its lulz .
Yeah, I think we were talking about this the other day. I personally believe logging off on gang tag shouldn't be allowed until after 30 seconds of not being hit by a bullet. Might be too difficult to do though.

On a side note, I feel dying and losing points does not work. I don't know how many different gang leaders run their gang based off points. Points are completely inaccurate to determine a gang's strength. Most of the players on the top points list are people who run or log off in raids. Gang leaders also encourage players not to defend if they are slightly outnumbered because they don't want to lose points. This ruins the concept of gangs competing against each other.

Another thing I'd like to see added to the points system is a gang should be rewarded for holding the other gang's base. There are some small problems with this though. I am pretty sure in the PKing thread Demisis had a good solution for it.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:15 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterhunk View Post
Yeah, I think we were talking about this the other day. I personally believe logging off on gang tag shouldn't be allowed until after 30 seconds of not being hit by a bullet. Might be too difficult to do though.
It think this was tried before and it was determined that it's not possible to do.
Even if you could intercept the press of the escape key, there's nothing stopping them from clicking the close button on the window.
Stefan would need to rescript the "Would you like the game to stay in the tray" window so that neither of the options are clickable for a few seconds.
But even then they could just make a batch file to terminate the graal.exe process and hotkey it as Windows+1 or something.

I remember on Enjaku we tried to make another workaround for this and Chrisz made it so that when you logged out an NPC of your character was placed where you were standing. After 5 seconds it sent the health of the NPC to a database and then destroyed the NPC. When you logged back in your health was set to whatever was in the database.
It was fairly clunky and that same database was used to store a whole heap of crap so that players could sell/trade items while offline and eventually the whole thing was scrapped because it caused too much lag (more than Hachi's mail system).
Old 05-15-2010, 03:44 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Having an NPC after a player logs off might be possible, I'll look into that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
(more than Hachi's mail system).
Doubt it. He rescripted it to be even more laggy.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:07 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Era has access to the accounts folder now, so putting an NPC down when the player logs off (only once been attacked within 30 seconds or so...?) shouldn't cause lag. Just modify the accounts folder when the NPC is destroyed (after 5 seconds, or once it dies)
Old 05-15-2010, 09:30 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
Era has access to the accounts folder now, so putting an NPC down when the player logs off (only once been attacked within 30 seconds or so...?) shouldn't cause lag. Just modify the accounts folder when the NPC is destroyed (after 5 seconds, or once it dies)
The accounts folder is protected from writing by script.

Regardless, there are ways now to change attributes for offline players (see the code gallery, fowlplay4 had a nice post).
Old 05-15-2010, 10:24 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
noob protection
Old 05-15-2010, 11:23 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
noob protection
Gets abused by people who aren't noobs.
The 'starter kit' that included some guns, ammo and explosives for brand new players took care of the same problem without the potential for abuse. I don't know if it exists anymore though; haven't seen many people with those gold uzis for quite a while.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:27 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Gets abused by people who aren't noobs.
The 'starter kit' that included some guns, ammo and explosives for brand new players took care of the same problem without the potential for abuse. I don't know if it exists anymore though; haven't seen many people with those gold uzis for quite a while.
Yes, but you only get the pack by upgrading.