Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Guild Life
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 11:02 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Taliban Forces

Today I saw someone with the guild name Taliban Forces. I can't understand why there is a guild allowed with the name of a group of terrorists.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:06 PM
Stiff Upper Lip
Zero Hour is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zero Hour
I totally agree. What was the guilds admin thinking?
Old 03-09-2006, 11:09 PM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
I agree as well....i hope you pk'ed him thats what i did when I first saw them on UN XD
Old 03-09-2006, 11:27 PM
Unholy Nation
Malinko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Malinko
Hi.

Contact the Global Guilds Administrator, Vulcan.

VulcanP2P:Vulcan
AIM: GraalVulcan
E-Mail: [email protected]
Forum PM: VulcanP2P
MSN: [email protected]

He can be found on Zone a lot of the time too, so check there for live chat, if needed.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:31 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I dont' see whats wrong with this. They're not seriously influenced by the Taliban. They are only mocking the name.

Overall I don't believe in censoring things like this just because the world considers them a bad thing. The name isn't hurting anyone.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Rolav is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Rolav Send a message via AIM to Rolav Send a message via Yahoo to Rolav
im pretty sure it was a roleplaying guild for kingdoms actually.
Dabura (10/6/2003 12:41:03 PM):
Mass message:
there seems to be something wrong with the server "Atlantis", everyone seems to be speeking in some sort of code....odd

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
Old 03-10-2006, 03:34 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
Today I saw someone with the guild name Taliban Forces. I can't understand why there is a guild allowed with the name of a group of terrorists.
I totally agree...especially since.....you know.....terrorism is against the law.

Anyway, yea....contact Vulcan
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 03-10-2006, 06:40 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159
I totally agree...especially since.....you know.....terrorism is against the law.
Who said these guild members are doing terrorist activities? Let alone, anything illegal? Or even REALLY supporting the Taliban?
Old 03-10-2006, 07:03 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami
I dont' see whats wrong with this. They're not seriously influenced by the Taliban. They are only mocking the name.

Overall I don't believe in censoring things like this just because the world considers them a bad thing. The name isn't hurting anyone.
I agree. It's a game.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:20 PM
Banned
Thallen is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Thallen Send a message via AIM to Thallen Send a message via MSN to Thallen Send a message via Yahoo to Thallen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami
Who said these guild members are doing terrorist activities? Let alone, anything illegal? Or even REALLY supporting the Taliban?
While I can see what you're saying, and more than anything, I don't want to agree with Moonie, but if you let that go about, then why have guilds resembling the KKK been rejected in the past? Same arguement. The name of the guild itself probably influences illegal behavior at least a single time.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:21 PM
haunter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159

Anyway, yea....contact Vulcan
We should get rid of the Terrorist vs Counter-Terrorist game on G2k1 too! ATROCITY!
Old 03-10-2006, 07:25 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Yeah, removing it would be pretty stupid seeing as there's events on Graal in which the aim of one side is to conduct terrorist activities.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
Talking

George Bush would PWN this thread!
Of course, we would have to read past his typos and stuttering.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallen
While I can see what you're saying, and more than anything, I don't want to agree with Moonie, but if you let that go about, then why have guilds resembling the KKK been rejected in the past? Same arguement.
One is racism, the other is mocking the terrorists. How many times have I seen someone named Osama, Saddam, and such on Graal with no actions taken?
Old 03-10-2006, 08:47 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Graal is an game as Andrew said. But even that needs to have attention. We should not support any terror groups by giving them a kind of monument. Games are fiction, terrorism by radical groups are reality. That's the difference.
Closed Thread