Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Classic Server should..?
be left as it is. 4 6.15%
bring back it's original levels and hit detection. 51 78.46%
bring back ONLY the original levels but leave the hit detection as is. 1 1.54%
bring back ONLY the original hit detection but leave the levels as is. 9 13.85%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 02:53 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Baddies could definitely be redone, har.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 05-21-2009, 12:14 PM
£ôrd Çòñtëgó Me§§iaH
contego will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to contego Send a message via AIM to contego Send a message via MSN to contego
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSolider View Post
Ok that's one. How bout the other 48? Now I know you're going to respond with "several people said they'd help out on this project" and I understand that. I'm talking about the 40 other people who voted who want to sit there and let other people do the work and simply reap the benefits.

Besides, let me restate that I am against spending months and months of time working solely on this project. Classic has many more needs than just the HD.
You kind of misquoted me.

I said I would help 'by putting a team together', hense more people.

I initiated this thread with the question; Bring back Classic levels and hit detection?

There's no fine print indicating that anyone had to volunteer their help.

I'd like mention the fact that the topic of bringing back Classic's HD has been discussed for several years. Also keep in mind, Classic has been dead for several years. So with that said, had we begun to fix the HD issue years ago all that would be left is development, in the right direction; better content.

Finnaly I'd like to comment on how I've noticed that in '05, Classic has had the same playercount, so I'm not sure why someone said between '05 and '07 Classic was doing well, untrue. I have been on Graal consistently since '05 and have not seen a sustainable player count.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:14 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by contego View Post
Finnaly I'd like to comment on how I've noticed that in '05, Classic has had the same playercount, so I'm not sure why someone said between '05 and '07 Classic was doing well, untrue. I have been on Graal consistently since '05 and have not seen a sustainable player count.
i think you mean me, ive never said graal was doing fine in 05-06, i was talking about how events were hosted. If you look in 05 its wasnt ctf all day long, but differents events.

Quote:
Challenge #2:HD.
nothing mean but i knew this was going to be wrote somehow.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:42 PM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
Classic was dead in 05?

Are you high or something?

I don't have the exact numbers, but I started playing classic in the summer of 05 and it was far better than it is right now. Even if 05 was so-so, 06-07 were definately pretty good for classic most of the time.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:30 PM
£ôrd Çòñtëgó Me§§iaH
contego will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to contego Send a message via AIM to contego Send a message via MSN to contego
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSolider View Post
Classic was dead in 05?

Are you high or something?

I don't have the exact numbers, but I started playing classic in the summer of 05 and it was far better than it is right now. Even if 05 was so-so, 06-07 were definately pretty good for classic most of the time.
Nope Classic wasn't active in '05, it was about where it is now. "Far better" is way over exagerating. The average is about 15 with mainly staff online.

The majority of you're posts are to argue with others and insult them.

Speaking of which, being "high" is far better than being ignorant, responding just to be included, to argue, and slow Classic's progression down.

You speak without experience or facts to support what you say. And I find that your posts are meant to slow production down and to simply argue for the sake of arguing.

You claim to care about Classic yet all you do is knock down any kind of progress and you sir lack tact by insulting those who are trying to make a difference.

I challenge you to actually step up and do something productive for Classic. If you feel driven to argue something, then have FACTs to support it. Not a theroy or a guess of how it works.

With that said - A little less conversation, a little more action.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:38 PM
Prince
Classic used to average 30 in 07. It averages barely 10 now.

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 05-21-2009, 05:42 PM
Classic FAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
Classic used to average 30 in 07. It averages barely 10 now.
more like 35
Old 05-21-2009, 05:45 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
he was off by five players. BIG DEAL

shawty
Old 05-21-2009, 06:21 PM
Classic FAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
he was off by five players. Big deal

shawty
ya big deal lol
Old 05-21-2009, 07:17 PM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
Quote:
Nope Classic wasn't active in '05, it was about where it is now. "Far better" is way over exagerating. The average is about 15 with mainly staff online.

The majority of you're posts are to argue with others and insult them.

Speaking of which, being "high" is far better than being ignorant, responding just to be included, to argue, and slow Classic's progression down.

You speak without experience or facts to support what you say. And I find that your posts are meant to slow production down and to simply argue for the sake of arguing.

You claim to care about Classic yet all you do is knock down any kind of progress and you sir lack tact by insulting those who are trying to make a difference.

I challenge you to actually step up and do something productive for Classic. If you feel driven to argue something, then have FACTs to support it. Not a theroy or a guess of how it works.

With that said - A little less conversation, a little more action.
If you're going to tell someone to use facts to support their information, you might want to follow your own damn advice.

I know for a fact that Classic was better in 05 (summer and onwards) than it is right now. I don't know where you pretend to get your numbers from, because I played in 05. Did you?

I argue for the sake of logic. Classic has many problems, and thus we can't just tell the dev team to focus solely on converting the HD.

And before you keep talking out of your ass, do take note that I've done my fair share for classic. Maybe if you actually played in the past couple years you'd know this. Have I done as much as others? Obviously not, since my scripting skills are fairly limited. However, I've done quite a few things to help out.

For someone telling others to use facts, you might want to do some research before you try to call me out again.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:20 PM
-Ramirez- has a spectacular aura about
Note about hit detection: none of you have been exposed to a scripted system that accurately emulates the default. The difference is not noticeable at all. It's much easier to integrate this than trying to redo everything for the default bs. Good luck trying to get someone to do it though.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ramirez- View Post
Note about hit detection: none of you have been exposed to a scripted system that accurately emulates the default. The difference is not noticeable at all. It's much easier to integrate this than trying to redo everything for the default bs. Good luck trying to get someone to do it though.
Why don't you give it a go?
Old 05-21-2009, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Why don't you give it a go?
I did, and it led me to the realization of just how bad Classic's scripting "foundation" is. I'm not willing to work with it.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:41 PM
Prince
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ramirez- View Post
As far as I am aware, it wasn't necessarily just for the HD if attempted to make Classic default again.

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 05-21-2009, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
As far as I am aware, it wasn't necessarily just for the HD if attempted to make Classic default again.
...what other purpose does it serve that's of any significance?