Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
Can be easily done
Seems like a scripting thing, how are you so sure that can be done? :P
Old 07-27-2009, 06:30 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Seems like a scripting thing, how are you so sure that can be done? :P
sounds more like a combination of leveling and scripting. you can make it look similar, placing the correct blocks under the image to give it the correct feel. the scripts will come in placing it all together and making it smooth

reminds me of this image:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1242865449263.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	49058  
Old 07-27-2009, 06:47 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
sounds more like a combination of leveling and scripting. you can make it look similar, placing the correct blocks under the image to give it the correct feel. the scripts will come in placing it all together and making it smooth

reminds me of this image:
It depends entirely on how you do it, honestly. He was quoting the image, so I figured it was safe to assume he was talking about that specific method. I already posted it'd be quite easy to just make a blocking map of the image and put it in the level, draw it under the rest of the images and have it block.

However, the method in the picture is quite a bit more complicated, even in simplest execution, and even moreso when dealing with an actual movement system to work with it. Only person I've seen script block detection lines and actual intersection detection was Kai. I'm sure there are a few here who could do it, however... but still, it's not as easy as it sounds.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:32 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
We had the starship enterprise as a graphic overlaying a level on Graal2001 for a minute a long time ago.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:40 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
This was used on Era for a halloween event:
Click image for larger version

Name:	gross.png
Views:	98
Size:	600.4 KB
ID:	49059

The final version had more NPCs and stuff, but I couldn't find it
Old 07-27-2009, 10:07 PM
Pelikano has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Ah Hachi's quest
Old 07-27-2009, 10:13 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
It depends entirely on how you do it, honestly. He was quoting the image, so I figured it was safe to assume he was talking about that specific method. I already posted it'd be quite easy to just make a blocking map of the image and put it in the level, draw it under the rest of the images and have it block.

However, the method in the picture is quite a bit more complicated, even in simplest execution, and even moreso when dealing with an actual movement system to work with it. Only person I've seen script block detection lines and actual intersection detection was Kai. I'm sure there are a few here who could do it, however... but still, it's not as easy as it sounds.
yea, i definitely would not say that it's easy, especially at a non-linear view
Old 07-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
yea, i definitely would not say that it's easy, especially at a non-linear view
Well most certainly, if you got a good system developed, the boundaries would probably have an editor of sorts that would allow level makers to simply draw their blocking lines, rather than using some sort of automated system.