Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-18-2006, 04:03 AM
Enigma
Andy0687 is on a distinguished road
I wouldnt agree with this because of people changing their accounts to familer names to try to gain popularity through them.

However it would be a quick fix, instead of doing player.account maybe they could try doing if (player.aid == "3424234") where the aid is the accounts unique account ID.

Dunno, like i said I dont support it.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:29 AM
RED SQUARE CLUB
Damix2 will become famous soon enough
I'd like to cut off the 2 of my name, though I do own Damix these days also
Old 06-18-2006, 06:01 AM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
people change their legal names for reasons other than they don't like it, or it's dumb
Same for accounts
Old 06-18-2006, 08:20 AM
Okiesmokie
ApothiX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber7388
people change their legal names for reasons other than they don't like it, or it's dumb
Same for accounts
Because they've done something against the law and want to hide from it? That is one of the reasons I think this should not become a reality. If you have done something wrong, and have a bad reputation with that name, you should not be allowed to just change your name and 'start over.'

[06:24:19] * Parts: Skyld (i=silent@unaffiliated/skyld) ("Perhaps Okiesmokie did not realise that I like the boys. ")
Old 06-18-2006, 06:20 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApothiX
Because they've done something against the law and want to hide from it?
That is why you go through the legal process of changing your name?

Quote:
If you have done something wrong, and have a bad reputation with that name, you should not be allowed to just change your name and 'start over.'
You can still buy a new account.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:23 PM
Banned
Anyway, it would be an interesting feature, at leatst make it easier to transfer info/rights/stats to a new account
Old 06-18-2006, 10:02 PM
Okiesmokie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel
That is why you go through the legal process of changing your name?
I'm sure that's one of the reasons people on Graal would want to change their account name.

Quote:
You can still buy a new account.
Yes, but that's not as easy as having some built-in system to change your account name with the click of a button.

[06:24:19] * Parts: Skyld (i=silent@unaffiliated/skyld) ("Perhaps Okiesmokie did not realise that I like the boys. ")
Old 06-18-2006, 10:46 PM
Banned
Yeah, and if you buy a new account, bans wont go to the new account, but this way, you'll be able to use the same email, and all bans, and other info will transfer over as well. It's not a way to aviod bans and jailings, just to change your name (lets say it's long, or has mispellings or doesn't match your character, etc, etc). It would allow people to continually have just one account, so there's less non VIP/Gold P2Ps going around (being shared, normally).This would make graal more money in the long run. W00T! (That's what it all comes down to )
Old 06-18-2006, 10:54 PM
Okiesmokie
Quote:
Yeah, and if you buy a new account, bans wont go to the new account, but this way, you'll be able to use the same email, and all bans, and other info will transfer over as well. It's not a way to aviod bans and jailings, just to change your name (lets say it's long, or has mispellings or doesn't match your character, etc, etc).
I am talking about the people who everyone knows are up to know good, but staff has not caught them in the act. You cannot evade a ban that has not been issued.

Quote:
It would allow people to continually have just one account, so there's less non VIP/Gold P2Ps going around (being shared, normally).This would make graal more money in the long run. W00T! (That's what it all comes down to )
How would it make more money? If anything it would allow people to share accounts even easier. Just log in on the website, change the account name to the player's name, and share that account without anyone knowing about it. I'm pretty sure making people buy another account if they want a new name would make more money. If that's what it all comes down to, then your plan is flawed.

Old 06-19-2006, 02:14 AM
Banned
It would simply be a name change, there's no extra sharing you could do, if anything, it would allow players to stop sharing easier
Old 06-19-2006, 03:23 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Just get a new account. Loosing items/hours etc is the price you have to pay for wanting it really.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:14 PM
Unholy Nation
Malinko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Malinko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus
Just get a new account. Loosing items/hours etc is the price you have to pay for wanting it really.
It's possible to have the attributes transferred. The chances of this happening are slim though!

Of course, contact Ibonic, he could do it, I assume.

If not, whine.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:57 AM
Okiesmokie
Quote:
It would simply be a name change, there's no extra sharing you could do, if anything, it would allow players to stop sharing easier
How would it 'allow players to stop sharing easier'? One would think with the ability to change your account name, players would change it to reflect who was playing on the account at that time.

Old 06-20-2006, 07:03 AM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApothiX
How would it 'allow players to stop sharing easier'? One would think with the ability to change your account name, players would change it to reflect who was playing on the account at that time.
And other players would not immediately notice the account is shared.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:34 PM
Okiesmokie
Quote:
And other players would not immediately notice the account is shared.
How could they? Unless you give each account a certain ID Number or something. But then people will complain because they don't like their ID Number!