Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Private forums > Graal4 Forums > Graal V4 Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2005, 12:15 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Stuff that sucks in v4

1. Loss of permanent chat box. There should be an option to use the old one instead of the one where you have to hit tab. The loss of the permanent text box also creates an unsightly gap between the minimap and the bottom of the window. The minimap should stay on the bottom and shift upwards when you hit tab to type in text.

2. Gold names look like urine.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:39 AM
I made a tree!
Benm00t is on a distinguished road
If that's the worst issues you can find, v4 must be doing quite well overall.

~ Ben
Old 10-01-2005, 01:40 AM
PipBoy Extraordinaire!
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi
1. Loss of permanent chat box. There should be an option to use the old one instead of the one where you have to hit tab. The loss of the permanent text box also creates an unsightly gap between the minimap and the bottom of the window. The minimap should stay on the bottom and shift upwards when you hit tab to type in text.

2. Gold names look like urine.
If Stefan is to readd the permanent chatbox it needs to be like in v2. We already tried a permanent chatbox in v4 but it was absolutely HORRIBLE.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:15 AM
I made a tree!
Benm00t is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
If Stefan is to readd the permanent chatbox it needs to be like in v2. We already tried a permanent chatbox in v4 but it was absolutely HORRIBLE.
I like the way it is now, but it would be good to have the option for the other less Me like people.

~ Ben
Old 10-01-2005, 03:04 AM
Mercenary
Raziel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Raziel
I like how v3 had the heads on the playerlist. Perhaps there should be an option to have that enabled?
Old 10-01-2005, 03:56 AM
Owner - Kudosai
DarkFireXZ3 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to DarkFireXZ3 Send a message via AIM to DarkFireXZ3 Send a message via MSN to DarkFireXZ3 Send a message via Yahoo to DarkFireXZ3
The chatbar is the last of the problems.. There are many bugs in the Programming but i can't Complain Stefan is working on it as hard as he can.

Old 10-01-2005, 04:21 AM
That Guy
CheeToS2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CheeToS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
I like how v3 had the heads on the playerlist. Perhaps there should be an option to have that enabled?
The heads are shown on the playerlist (see screenshot).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFireXZ3
The chatbar is the last of the problems.. There are many bugs in the Programming but i can't Complain Stefan is working on it as hard as he can.
If you know of any bugs that aren't listed here, please post a new thread with details. If the bugs are listed there, but aren't listed here, post in the existing thread stating that you have the issue as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	plist.png
Views:	138
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	33750  

Old 10-01-2005, 04:45 AM
Owner - Kudosai
DarkFireXZ3 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to DarkFireXZ3 Send a message via AIM to DarkFireXZ3 Send a message via MSN to DarkFireXZ3 Send a message via Yahoo to DarkFireXZ3
Well some of the old functions cause major problems like putexplosion too many of them on v2 was a little laggy but on v4 it causes GraalEngine.dll errors, if i can remember any more of the glitches and major bugs i'll make screen shots and post them or post information about them. I also see the Graal://kudosai <- Links for servers has been fixed for Graal 4. Lovely

Old 10-01-2005, 05:06 AM
That Guy
CheeToS2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CheeToS2
Quote:
Well some of the old functions cause major problems like putexplosion too many of them on v2 was a little laggy but on v4 it causes GraalEngine.dll errors, if i can remember any more of the glitches and major bugs i'll make screen shots and post them or post information about them. I also see the Graal://kudosai <- Links for servers has been fixed for Graal 4. Lovely
Hmm, I have had some issues with errors popping up when bombs are exploding, but I am not able to reproduce it. I've tried putting 400 bombs on the board every .05 seconds, but it doesn't cause any errors.

Edit: finally found the problem

Last edited by CheeToS2; 10-01-2005 at 05:24 AM..
Old 10-01-2005, 06:21 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
There are many bugs in the Programming
Yeah but those would go in the bugs forum. This is just a "stuff that sucks" thread.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:23 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with gold names. They look too non-gold. Make them brighter please.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:55 PM
Banned?
zephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to zephirot Send a message via MSN to zephirot
The sucky thing in V4 for me is : everyone freeze when I enter a level exept some people, that is annoying :[.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Can you just shut up ?
MAGA
MFGA
MEGA
Old 10-01-2005, 02:07 PM
100 IFP and runnin'
Nabru is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Nabru
I've yet to see anything in v4 that sucks, it's far surpassed the expectations i had for it.. Playing on v2 for so long then seeing that horrids of v3.. i thought v4 would be just eww.. But its great.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:36 PM
Developer
Sacred Shadow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
I believe he was talking about GK
Old 10-01-2005, 05:26 PM
raiden0899 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi
I agree. Permanent should also be the default. I get like 5 people each day PMing me saying v4 sucks because you can't chat. Nobody knows how to turn the chat bar on. If any people like that read this, PRESS TAB.