Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-24-2005, 06:29 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Graal2001 remake... what would you...

What would you really like to see? There are hundreds of idea threads and whatnot but I'm really not up for going through all of them. So to save some time, I'd like to know what you would really like to see on a revised 2k1. What do you envision the server to be like? What would make it better? What would make it worse? What should be removed? What should be left alone? What should be changed?

Please try to be as descriptive and detailed as possible. It will help a lot. For anyone who isn't aware, I'm throwing around the idea of remaking/revising 2k1 and trying to bring it back to what it once was. But of course, it's easy to bring back old 2k1 with no changes. But nobody would want to play it as we've all seen the graphics and levels and everything far too much to be impressed by them.

I'm not sure if this belongs in this forum or in playerworlds. I just chose the 2k1 forum as this is related to 2k1 and this is where people come to talk about the server. If it needs to be moved to playerworld forums or something, please do so, instead of closing it. I honestly don't know where the thread belongs, so don't hold it against me.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:11 PM
Script Monkey
Kaimetsu will become famous soon enough
No permadeath systems, pls.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:52 PM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Old bodies :-( The new ones are ugly with the old heads.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:00 PM
Grim Angel
Akoalin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Akoalin Send a message via MSN to Akoalin
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_bald6225
Old bodies :-( The new ones are ugly with the old heads.
Indeed. The new bodies are like blobby cartoony GK bodies.
ok skeikar þá Skuld at sköpum."

~Gróa , Grógaldr
Old 05-24-2005, 10:12 PM
Kyden
Waltz5 is an unknown quantity at this point
This is sorta vague, but here goes anyways.

Storyline
-Same original storyline, the bomy planet (Mt. Antora) crashed on Graal. Bomies run around. To account for the lost time, an intro will be run when the players first start off.
“One day the bomy sun grew extremely hot, much much hotter than it has ever burned. The extreme heat caused everyone in the land, even those inside, to lose consciousness. Everyone arose to a changed world… one much different that the one they used to know and with much more mystery.”
(Just an example but something to account for the lost time.)

Overworld/Tileset/Bodies
- Keep the overworld layout, however expanding the overworld, clean up existing levels.
- A lot of custom tiles. Each town will have it’s own house tiles.
- Each kingdom will get their own tiles.
- Use Koni's old bodies with all the different attributes.

Economy
- Current jobs revision (no more button mashing, more steps, less serving NPC shopkeepers)
- More steps in jobs (eg. product from job A + product from job B + product from job C = gralats)
- Job additions
- Eg. Fruit Picking is a job that requires bomies with bomy spin to collect fruit that grow on strange trees. The bomy slams into the tree several times before any fruit can be collected.

Kingdoms
- Kingdoms will start as small new kingdoms of people after the bomy sun blast.
- Kingdoms will battle over lands where jobs take place. They will receive a small hidden percentage from the jobs done in their controlled areas. This money will be used to expand their newly formed kingdom and to gain supplies to gain the upper hand on opposing kingdoms.
- Tower Idea – Kingdoms will also battle over towers placed around the lands. Mages go to towers during RP battles to help heal their members, protect kingdom, etc. This will make for interesting strategy to either keep mages at the battle, or send them to the towers.
- You can buy kingdom only bombs with kingdom funds and throw them at the other kingdoms walls and knock them down which can then be rebuilt by crafting with durbys and stuff by the kingdom.

Skill System (taken from Loriel's past idea)
To make every player not the same, we could have a skill system. Most activities could have a corresponding skill to pursue them. These skills would allow you, for example, to fish bigger fishes, to find more rare minerals or to deal more damage to enemies. I certainly do not want, though, to have such an exp- and level controlled system as GK does. Without adequate skills, you shall still be able to do things, just not as good. They are just there to allow people to specialize into certain tasks, and make their characters have more dept. I do not intend an open-ended character development either, as GK currently has, but I expect characters to be at the maximum of skills in just some weeks.

Items
- More advanced item system
- Players will be able to obtain different outfits, accessories, weapons, and other items. However all is for looks and have no effect on damage, health, etc.
- Artifact/Treasure Collecting (Hunt for rare & lost relics, combine with others etc.)
Certain quests that give your job specific items.
- Cut down on number of hats (we don’t need 50 different shoguns or a penguin hat)

Other Ideas
- Bomy Battling
- Different ‘unstick me’ points to help control PKing
- Development of “Bomy Moon” (meteor in center of overworld)
- Develop bottom right of map into a desert town with new tiles due to the Bomy Sun Blast
- Replace Railroad Park
- Get rid of Draisine. It was too easy to get around. Make more use of the trains
- Magic (Complicated, but Gryffon had it all mapped out)
- Sleeping to heal gone? Bomies only allowed to “shell” for a certain amount of time.

Old 05-24-2005, 10:29 PM
Script Monkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltz5
To make every player not the same, we could have a skill system
[...]
I expect characters to be at the maximum of skills in just some weeks
Then surely everybody would ultimately be the same?
Old 05-24-2005, 10:38 PM
Kyden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaimetsu
Then surely everybody would ultimately be the same?
Whoops. I would assume there would be a maximum amount of skills you can "master," thus making every character not the same. So you'd have to pick and choose what you'd want to do. Again, very vague but hopefully that clears it up some and you get the general idea.

Old 05-24-2005, 10:39 PM
Script Monkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltz5
Whoops. I would assume there would be a maximum amount of skills you can "master,"
Okay. So everybody would just master the best skills, presumably.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:45 PM
Kyden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaimetsu
Okay. So everybody would just master the best skills, presumably.
Yes I understand it would be rather hard to make it so each skill is comparable to each other. Hopefully it wouldn't get to the point that everyone uses the same skills.

As far as in game how to do that, I don't exactly know and haven't thought about it much. This is just a general idea to throw out there.

Old 05-25-2005, 01:43 AM
Banned
protagonist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to protagonist Send a message via MSN to protagonist
I think that more directions should be given out for item locations and job locations. When I started, it was hard to get going because I had to ask where everything was and sometimes people wouldn't answer :[.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:24 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
1. Playable bomys
2. Rocks with owner tags
Old 05-25-2005, 02:58 AM
haunter is on a distinguished road
- Use the new Kingdoms, they're decendants of the original 2k1 kingdoms. On the topic of how to fill in that time gap between kingdoms... I'm short on ideas.

- Expand the overworld, but do not "develop" it all at once. Start with just natural forests, etc, then as time goes on start adding "man-made" things. I made some level-generated maps to start out with for expanding... I'm not sure if you'd want to use those though. They're pretty rough. Hrm, I wonder if they're still on 2k1 dev.

-There are/were alot of text files on 2k1/2k1 dev with suggestions and ideas by staff.

-Have more NPC Graalians... Just regular John Does that you can chat with, and ask basic questions "Do you know where I could find some work?" "Hear any good gossip lately?" etc. Each NPC wouldn't have the exact same information as every other one, obviously. It would be a good way to fix VT's problem. It'd be cool just to add new "gossip" to some NPC citizens to advertise a newly added quest, rather than mass-PMing it out...
Old 05-25-2005, 02:59 AM
Banned
protagonist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to protagonist Send a message via MSN to protagonist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi
2. Rocks with owner tags
Evil!
Old 05-25-2005, 03:01 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by protagonist
Evil!
ONE MORE WEEK.
Old 05-25-2005, 03:20 AM
The Driftwood of Graal
GryffonDurime is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GryffonDurime
Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter
- Use the new Kingdoms, they're decendants of the original 2k1 kingdoms. On the topic of how to fill in that time gap between kingdoms... I'm short on ideas.
Come finish Bella, man Or at least repair it after the expansion kind of died...Aw well. The simplest way to explain the change in time is to simply say that time has passed. The people who stayed behind in the Old Lands after the Cataclysm have finally reached a state where they feel comfortable enough with their foothold to begin expansion into the changed mainland and are now able to take in refugees from the New Lands or places stranger still.