Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 06:42 AM
PipBoy Extraordinaire!
Rick is on a distinguished road
$25 Vip?

Price has jumped up $6, whaaaat? Is it just me or does this seem unfair? Compared to what little VIP does get (now).

** I would appreciate it if moderators could remove/split any posts in/from this thread that are simply flamatory or contribute nothing to the point of this thread, rather than closing the thread itself, danke. **

Last edited by Rick; 12-28-2004 at 07:40 AM..
Old 12-28-2004, 06:44 AM
Nil Recurring
Nitkizi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Nitkizi
I smell a fun thread about to be given birth to. Well..has been given birth to..
I got a scar where all my urges bled
I got people underneath my bed
I got a place where all my dreams are dead
Swim with me into your blackest eyes
Old 12-28-2004, 06:59 AM
BEst User EVER!
falco10291029 is on a distinguished road
I agree, it is highly unfair >
Old 12-28-2004, 07:00 AM
what up
ZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of light
Oh no six dollars I won't be able to eat Panda Express whatever shall I do with my life.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:01 AM
British Guy
pacMASTA has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to pacMASTA Send a message via MSN to pacMASTA
;O Yes its a bloody rip off and XMAS too wtf? Now thats a good way to get players....
  1. Even 20$ was crap. I mean really ive spent 100$ into graal... and these VIP Benifents arnt anythign special
  2. Making Global Guild - Who Cares =/
  3. Saturday On Gold Servers - OH MY GOD 24 HOURS WHEN IT TAKES ALOT OF EXP TO LEVEL
  4. Preview to Graal3D - Wow a beta thats the same as a preview except with weapon spawns and a flying blimp you cant use, an dgold gets it too.
    Development Servers - Oh well Gold gets it too
  5. FTP Server with 10mb - Thats horible most ISP offer 1Gigabyte of memory and lots of bandwith
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanderX
Oh no six dollars I won't be able to eat Panda Express whatever shall I do with my life.
And also think about what VIP even gets and think of that price rise[list]
Old 12-28-2004, 07:02 AM
PipBoy Extraordinaire!
Quote:
I am not saying it isn't affordable. I am saying what you get isn't worth that amount of money.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:03 AM
!Leasure
Leasure-13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Leasure-13 Send a message via MSN to Leasure-13 Send a message via Yahoo to Leasure-13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
I am not saying it isn't affordable. I am saying what you get isn't worth that amount of money.
It is not that.. it is way to much.. So what.. take the space away from us. Give it to gold. I dont use it, and i only know a few people that do.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:05 AM
what up
ZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacMASTA
Making Global Guild - Who Cares =/
To some people, that is a pretty big thing. I knew if I still played Graal it'd be a big thing for me.

Quote:
Saturday On Gold Servers - OH MY GOD 24 HOURS WHEN IT TAKES ALOT OF EXP TO LEVEL
You can do a lot in 24 hours. Plus now there's Zone.

Quote:
Preview to Graal3D - Wow a beta thats the same as a preview except with weapon spawns and a flying blimp you cant use, an dgold gets it too.
So? Gold got it by paying practically fifty bucks, you got it + other stuff for $20. Don't complain; they're not obligated to give you a Graal 3D preview at all.

Quote:
Development Servers - Oh well Gold gets it too
And Gold is more expensive. Want to come up with a cohesive argument?

Quote:
FTP Server with 10mb - Thats horible most ISP offer 1Gigabyte of memory and lots of bandwith
Maybe in Oz, Dorothy. By the way, have you found Toto yet?

Quote:
I'm not arguing with you on that point. Things could definitely be shifted around to make VIP more appealing. I'm just mocking the people who whine about a $6 increase as if unix is personally banging their girlfriends or something. It's really not that big of a deal; it's $6.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:11 AM
British Guy
pacMASTA has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to pacMASTA Send a message via MSN to pacMASTA
Quote:
To some people, that is a pretty big thing. I knew if I still playedGraal it'd be a big thing for me.
Not really because some servers even disable global guilds now

Quote:
Not really because other people with godly stuff can just steal your kills, and Zone theirs gold people with godly swords and levels already so its hard to even keep up

Quote:
So? Gold got it by paying practically fifty bucks, you got it + other stuff for $20. Don't complain; they're not obligated to give you a Graal 3D preview at all.
Well think about VIP you need Classic 20$, then gold 20$, finally VIP 26$ They pay 50 we pay 66 your point is?

Quote:
Not really seeing as Gold gets more content and VIP is 26$

Quote:
...?Maybe you dont cause you have a bad ISP try comcast...goto online storage o_O

Quote:
I'm not arguing with you on that point. Things could definitely be shifted around to make VIP more appealing. I'm just mocking the people who whine about a $6 increase as if unix is personally banging their girlfriends or something. It's really not that big of a deal; it's $6.
It is when we get jack **** and lies and all they want is more money and geting rid of the content we used to get Sundays too now we dont
Old 12-28-2004, 07:12 AM
PipBoy Extraordinaire!
Quote:
To some people, that is a pretty big thing. I knew if I still played Graal it'd be a big thing for me.
Zone doesn't appeal to everyone, yes that is a player's decision, but it lessens the worth of VIP to the end user. Technically no, CyberJ is not obligated to provide a preview of Graal3D, however, it was 'promised' to them[1] as VIP preview, which did not happen. Sure, the preview is open now, but it is open to Gold as well, which does not foot the bill. Again, this is not about affordability, this is about wether it is worth the money or not.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:13 AM
BEst User EVER!
falco10291029 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Actually anyone can make a global guild. I made one before I got VIP (btw it needs members-Dark Magicites )
Quote:
Not many people are going to be on graal for that 24 hours. Pus zone doesnt do anything on saturdays for VIP.

Quote:
Gold got it and much more, basically anythign VIP can get, except better in most cases. Name one thing that VIP gets other than the original 30 person beta that gold doesnt. If they didnt give VIP the preview, they would actually be lieing, since when you join VIP it says you get to test previews.

Quote:
Again gold gets much more for that price, and it's worth it. The main point there
is that VIP isnt getting anything special. Want to come up with a cohesive argument?

Quote:
No comment :Whatever:
Old 12-28-2004, 07:16 AM
what up
Quote:
Not really because some servers even disable global guilds now
That's not the fault of Graal, though, that's the fault of the servers. Don't rail on global administration for the faults of local administration.

Quote:
Not really because other people with godly stuff can just steal your kills, and Zone theirs gold people with godly swords and levels already so its hard to even keep up
The same is true for any MMO with a PVP element. You have to suck it up and deal with it, dude. Again, that is NOT the fault of the administration, so don't lay the blame at their feet.

Quote:
Well think about VIP you need Classic 20$, then gold 20$, finally VIP 26$ They pay 50 we pay 66 your point is?
Or you can buy Gold for $50-odd and then when Gold runs out just keep a VIP account. That's what I did. Yes, in your analogy VIP is in fact more expensive, but it's not meant as a "Buy a straight up VIP account." thing, it's an add-on/renewal thing for when your Gold runs out or if you want the minimal features that Gold doesn't offer.

Quote:
Not really seeing as Gold gets more content and VIP is 26$
Debatable on the content front.

Quote:
WTF?
You apparently missed the part of my somewhat mocking analogy where I alluded to you not knowing what you're talking about.

Quote:
It is when we get jack **** and lies and all they want is more money and geting rid of the content we used to get Sundays too now we dont
The point of a business is to make money. They are raising prices more than likely because they need to so that they can keep in business and keep providing the service you are utilizing. Stuff it.

Quote:
Zone doesn't appeal to everyone, yes that is a player's decision, but it lessens the worth of VIP to the end user. Technically no, CyberJ is not obligated to provide a preview of Graal3D, however, it was 'promised' to them[1] as VIP preview, which did not happen. Sure, the preview is open now, but it is open to Gold as well, which does not foot the bill. Again, this is not about affordability, this is about wether it is worth the money or not.
Yeah, the Graal 3D Preview was promised to VIP members. On the other side of that, nothing ever said that it would be exclusively VIP.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:28 AM
Assimilated Zurkiba
Zurkiba is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zurkiba
Quote:
It's the concept that they're raising a price when nothing extra was given.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:34 AM
matt8891 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to matt8891 Send a message via Yahoo to matt8891
They might be charging for the webspace that comes as a VIP extension. Not everything is free.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:36 AM
!Leasure
Leasure-13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Leasure-13 Send a message via MSN to Leasure-13 Send a message via Yahoo to Leasure-13
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8891
They might be charging for the webspace that comes as a VIP extension. Not everything is free.
Ok that is understood. Now they should have a option if you want it. If not. Then pay the 19. If you want it, pay the 26