Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 04:19 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
First of all: when is someone an "older" player?
If we make a cut by reaching the 18th birthday (the age people in europe official count as adult), we have approximately 50% older players.
If you say older starts above the age of 21, we have ~ 30% older players.
And if you assume old starts with being 30, we will have portion less then 10%.

Playing games are not age-dependent. Games are a ample area: soccer is also a game as all kind of card games, roulette and so on.
So universal say: playing isn't something for older people is wrong.
As we all know Stefan created this game and he also played AND plays it.
He and Unixmad also play other games (e.g. Mario cart).
I know many other persons playing graal or games similar to graal.
Many younger players which like to play with older ones and reverse.
Problems begin when adults have a staff position and younger players get punished or rebuked by them.
Younger player can handle it better, if it's not an old player, like their parents are.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:19 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber7388
And I can't comment on something you mentioned?
And you don't feel as if it's worse here than in game?
Comment all you want, I just wont take what you post into consideration.
I'm not going to answer your question, because it isn't what this thread is about (broken record.......................again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
First of all: when is someone an "older" player?
If we make a cut by reaching the 18th birthday (the age people in europe official count as adult), we have approximately 50% older players.
If you say older starts above the age of 21, we have ~ 30% older players.
And if you assume old starts with being 30, we will have portion less then 10%.
I am referring to the above 30 catagory.

Quote:
As we all know Stefan created this game and he also played AND plays it.
I am sure people will say "Stefan has to play it to make sure what he does works right!!"

Quote:
Problems begin when adults have a staff position and younger players get punished or rebuked by them.
Younger player can handle it better, if it's not an old player, like their parents are.
I agree that more problems begin if an older adult becomes staff, but I was more referring to the age bashing which I recieved the very first time I signed onto Graal to present day.

I don't get it so much anymore from people who know me, and are used to me on Graal. Mostly, I get it when I go to a server where people don't know me well, or at all. They see my age, and immediately start telling me to get a life, and so on.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST

Last edited by Darlene159; 06-22-2006 at 05:53 PM..
Old 06-22-2006, 05:46 PM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
So, do you ever hove conversations in real life? You know, sometimes they stray off topic slightly, but what they say still has something to do with the topic. What, do you close other firends mouths when they start to go off topic?
I doubt many people see a problem with you playing graal, and I've provided a response to your question.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:50 PM
Inferno (Level Designer)
Infernix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Infernix
Well I read the original post and I guess Ill answer it. For one Moonie your an Adult and also a Parent. Most of us are teenagers and infact enjoy the fact that on this medicore lil game the teenagers truly control it. But when someone like who comes in and forces rules on us, we just get annoyed. For example, I have no been the one to actually follow the rules on graal since I started. Ive used trainers, Ive cursed, abused bugs..etc etc (Just about everything) and infact rlly never got into any big trouble. But when I played a server like npulse that was no different from all the medicore classic servers, I got spazzed the **** out of by the staff. Mainly because they are all older, because I simply know that anyone younger didnt and still dont care.

Well I guess Im just saying at our age (Im 16) we just dont like rules. No one has a problem with older people playin, we have a problem with older people getting in our way in the real world and on this damn game. Even though some older people on this game are pretty cool lol.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:57 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber7388
So, do you ever hove conversations in real life? You know, sometimes they stray off topic slightly, but what they say still has something to do with the topic. What, do you close other firends mouths when they start to go off topic?
Doesn't even deserve a reply
Quote:
I doubt many people see a problem with you playing graal, and I've provided a response to your question.
Glad you know more about my Graal life better then I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernix
Well I guess Im just saying at our age (Im 16) we just dont like rules. No one has a problem with older people playin, we have a problem with older people getting in our way in the real world and on this damn game. Even though some older people on this game are pretty cool lol.
What rules did I push on people the first time I signed on Graal?
None.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 06-22-2006, 06:50 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:

Well I guess Im just saying at our age (Im 16) we just dont like rules.
But seriously: show me a game without rules. We have rules all over in our life, because without them the world will get out of order. Law=rules, religion=rules, family=rules, relationship=rules. If there where no rules we still would act like we did in the stone age.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:23 PM
Okiesmokie
ApothiX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159
Doesn't even deserve a reply
Moonie has no friends in real life. She's too old.

Quote:
Glad you know more about my Graal life better then I do
If you know everything, then why did you ask us about it in the first place?

Quote:
Wow, are you an idiot? Point +1 for Moonie. If you're using your cheating the game as an excuse to hate older people because they punish you for it, then screw you. You deserve to be punished if you are cheating to win. People play this game to have fun, not to get annoyed by some kid who knows how to hit a few buttons in a dialog window to make his character go 10 times faster.

Also, Moonie, I have been wondering: How many times have you used your age as a backup in an argument, ie: "I'm older than you, I know more about this" etc.

[06:24:19] * Parts: Skyld (i=silent@unaffiliated/skyld) ("Perhaps Okiesmokie did not realise that I like the boys. ")
Old 06-22-2006, 07:36 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApothiX
Wrong, and I specifically asked for replies to NOT be hateful.

Quote:
If you know everything, then why did you ask us about it in the first place?
Did you read the whole thing? Obviously not.

Quote:
Also, Moonie, I have been wondering: How many times have you used your age as a backup in an argument, ie: "I'm older than you, I know more about this" etc.
I don't think I have. If I have, then I had a reason for saying it.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 06-22-2006, 07:41 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Back to the original question..

Quote:
It's simple.
I am an adult, I am a woman, and I am a mom.
3 things that kids come on Graal to get away from
Old 06-22-2006, 07:43 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus
Back to the original question..
Yes, I remember saying that.
I still think that, but I think there is more to it then that sometimes.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 06-22-2006, 07:48 PM
Graal2001 Administration
contiga is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to contiga Send a message via AIM to contiga Send a message via MSN to contiga Send a message via Yahoo to contiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApothiX
Please watch out on what you are saying.. do you know what kind of impact such things (hatefull things) can have on people? Don't **** up the fun for people, you little retard!
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad View Post
I am also awake 3AM to help correct problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomy Island RC people
Daniel: HoudiniMan is a bad guy =p
*Bell: rofl. I first read that as houdini is a bad man. like the little kid that wants his mommy to keep her away from that boogie man
Daniel: xD
*Rufus: I wouldn't want my kids around him.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:51 PM
Banned
-Ching is a glorious beacon of light-Ching is a glorious beacon of light-Ching is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to -Ching
Quote:
Yes, I remember saying that.
I still think that, but I think there is more to it then that sometimes.
It's simple, people think it's weird/dont understand why people your age to play a game like this with much younger people. Graal is mostly about the community, and the community is mostly people between the ages of 10-22, to put it plainly why would someone your age want to talk and play with people alot younger and alot less mature than yourself. On paper it just doesnt seem right.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:53 PM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
Well this thread has taught me something.
Moonie's a crybaby
She doesn't care if we don;t like her here, but in game, it's very important
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.
The world is flat, and the pyramids were buyilt by martians.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:54 PM
TedHead2k is on a distinguished road
Just think about what's going on. You're a 30-something year old and you're trying to make peace and friendship with a bunch of early teen nerds. You post on here in the same maneurism as other members and talk to others as if they are on the same level as yourself. There's nothing actually WRONG with this, but in real life, that's a bit out of the ordinairy. Someone your age wouldn't really hang out with a bunch of kids for leisure in real life. It's not as deep as people are making it out to be, it's just plain odd. And you know how well people take to things that are odd. Especially on Graal, a place full of *****s who hide behind their screens calling each other noobs and whatever else.

The problem is plain and simply that you are in a community comprised mainly of immature kids. Gaining everyones respect would be impossible, and I'm not really sure why you would want it anyway.

EDIT: Ching summed it up really nicely, I didn't get his post before I replied.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:56 PM
Banned
-Ching is a glorious beacon of light-Ching is a glorious beacon of light-Ching is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to -Ching
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedHead2k

EDIT: Ching summed it up really nicely
And I was just about to post this to say the same thing about you
Closed Thread