Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 01:12 AM
Okiesmokie
ApothiX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami
I thought it was an irl thing. o.o
Nah, that was another one of his elaborate lies. Also featured in that lie is the modification of Kara's age. I believe he went around telling people that she is 18 or 19.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159
I am very disappointed in some of the members of these forums. I mean, I start a thread about a certain thing, and some of you turn it into something else, attack other members, use it as a way to attack me, etc...

This thread was for a specific purpose, which I am not even going to bother to explain again.
I do thank those who actually supplied an answer to the question, and who did not use it as an excuse to flame me, or used someone elses post to flame another member.
IMO, you asked for it when you made a thread with the topic "y r ppl h8'n on me?!"

[06:24:19] * Parts: Skyld (i=silent@unaffiliated/skyld) ("Perhaps Okiesmokie did not realise that I like the boys. ")
Old 06-22-2006, 01:15 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApothiX
IMO, you asked for it when you made a thread with the topic "y r ppl h8'n on me?!"
that WAS NOT the question.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 06-22-2006, 01:18 AM
Okiesmokie
Quote:
that WAS NOT the question.
Quote:
After playing and working for Graal for a long period of time, a lot of people have been really negative about me playing Graal because of my age, and the fact that I am a parent in real life. This has been going on since the beginning of my playing Graal, so it is not because of my being an admin on the forums, or being a Manager of a PW.

I am really curious as to why players feel this way, and if there are any other older adults that play that receive the same treatment.
If that wasn't your intention, then don't fill your post with personal pronouns and ask why players are treating you that way. The reason I bolded an underlined the 'and' is because you are signifying that that is additional feedback that you would like from people, and not your main point.

[06:24:19] * Parts: Skyld (i=silent@unaffiliated/skyld) ("Perhaps Okiesmokie did not realise that I like the boys. ")
Old 06-22-2006, 01:30 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
If that wasn't your intention, then don't fill your post with personal pronouns and ask why players are treating you that way. The reason I bolded an underlined the 'and' is because you are signifying that that is additional feedback that you would like from people, and not your main point.
Pay close attention to the age reference in that post.
I dont want to know why people hate me, I did not ask that.
I asked why some members have a problem with my AGE, or other peoples AGE.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 06-22-2006, 01:31 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Nah, that was another one of his elaborate lies. Also featured in that lie is the modification of Kara's age. I believe he went around telling people that she is 18 or 19.
He told me he had a countach :'[
Old 06-22-2006, 01:39 AM
Okiesmokie
Quote:
Pay close attention to the age reference in that post.
I dont want to know why people hate me, I did not ask that.
I asked why some members have a problem with my AGE, or other peoples AGE.
You are still asking why people hate you. You are just specifying criteria that they have to follow. (wow, a reason they dislike you right in the post asking why!)

Old 06-22-2006, 05:50 AM
Banned
Chicken_l33t is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I realize that there are people who dislike me for other reason, but that is not the purpose of this particular thread.
The purpose of this thread is to see why players seem to dislike when older adults/parents play Graal, why they harrass them for their age, and so on.
If I am disliked for other reasons, then you have no reason to post in this particular thread.
lol you shutup I have every right to post here. Why? Cause I damn well feel like it. You see there's others that are more off topic then me here yet you come to me first because it was directed at you.

Perhaps they think all old people act like you act and that's why they don't like you. Perhaps it's because they come on the internet/games to get away from adults and escape reality and you bring back some sense of it back into the game?
Old 06-22-2006, 09:06 AM
Eagle will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Eagle
Darlene, I think people use your age as an excuse to let you know about other reasons why they dislike you. I highly doubt it is solely because you're older than everybody else. So yeah, I agree with the people who said things like that.

Houdini, I also doubt people hate you for age, but rather how you act in-game.

Also, Darlene, didn't you have a daughter that played Graal (Princess-something)? Just wondering.

AIM : FCartman007
Old account - 190
Old 06-22-2006, 02:39 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken_l33t
lol you shutup I have every right to post here. Why? Cause I damn well feel like it. You see there's others that are more off topic then me here yet you come to me first because it was directed at you.
*Shakes head*

Quote:
Perhaps they think all old people act like you act and that's why they don't like you. Perhaps it's because they come on the internet/games to get away from adults and escape reality and you bring back some sense of it back into the game?
Thank you for finally giving an opinion on the actual subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle
Darlene, I think people use your age as an excuse to let you know about other reasons why they dislike you. I highly doubt it is solely because you're older than everybody else. So yeah, I agree with the people who said things like that.
That might be true now, but what about when I first started playing? It was worse when I first started.

Quote:
Also, Darlene, didn't you have a daughter that played Graal (Princess-something)? Just wondering.
Yes, she doesn't play anymore.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 06-22-2006, 02:57 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
I think it pretty much has to do with younger people wanting to feel like they are the majority and that they are doing something exclusively. If the game is AIMED at young teenagers then the young teenagers will usually be the majority, and when this happens, they will look differently at older AND younger people playing the game.

I don't think it's an "I'm trying to escape my parents" thing. It's more of an "older people already have so many exclusive things that we're not allowed to do" thing.

Younger teenagers can't legally buy cigarettes or alcohol, drive a car, go to bars, go to an R rated movie without a guardian, get a good job, etc etc etc... The list is a long one. So they feel threatened when an adult is playing on a game where they are the majority. Like "you don't belong here, go raise a family or watch an R rated movie". lol... That's just my spin on things.

Back when I was like 18-19 I was playing Gunbound and someone who was like 15 said I was too old to be playing. I'm like... uhhh the game worms was out before you were even born! lol
Old 06-22-2006, 02:58 PM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
Quote:
Yes, she doesn't play anymore.
Whoah!
Hey, hey, hey!
Isn't it your duty to recruit and get these kids addicted?

Anyway, the reason it has gotten better for you is that people have gotten used to it, and in game, you're not 'in the way' of them living in their own little, adult-free, world.
Now as for the forums
I'm willing to bet more people on these forums get mad at you not because of your age, but how you show it. Not in the way you admit your age, but how you act like the people here are less worthy/mature. Basically, it's a big no-no to treat teenagers and young adults like kids.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:06 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by konidias
I think it pretty much has to do with younger people wanting to feel like they are the majority and that they are doing something exclusively. If the game is AIMED at young teenagers then the young teenagers will usually be the majority, and when this happens, they will look differently at older AND younger people playing the game.

I don't think it's an "I'm trying to escape my parents" thing. It's more of an "older people already have so many exclusive things that we're not allowed to do" thing.

Younger teenagers can't legally buy cigarettes or alcohol, drive a car, go to bars, go to an R rated movie without a guardian, get a good job, etc etc etc... The list is a long one. So they feel threatened when an adult is playing on a game where they are the majority. Like "you don't belong here, go raise a family or watch an R rated movie". lol... That's just my spin on things.

Back when I was like 18-19 I was playing Gunbound and someone who was like 15 said I was too old to be playing. I'm like... uhhh the game worms was out before you were even born! lol
I can agree with that, and completely understand it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber7388
Whoah!
Hey, hey, hey!
Isn't it your duty to recruit and get these kids addicted?
No.

Quote:
Anyway, the reason it has gotten better for you is that people have gotten used to it, and in game, you're not 'in the way' of them living in their own little, adult-free, world.
You don't think that just maybe I have earned respect from some?
Quote:
Now as for the forums
I'm willing to bet more people on these forums get mad at you not because of your age, but how you show it. Not in the way you admit your age, but how you act like the people here are less worthy/mature. Basically, it's a big no-no to treat teenagers and young adults like kids.
This thread isn't about the forums. Has absolutely nothing at all to do with the forums.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 06-22-2006, 03:34 PM
Banned
Quote:
After playing and working for Graal for a long period of time, a lot of people have been really negative about me playing Graal because of my age, and the fact that I am a parent in real life. This has been going on since the beginning of my playing Graal, so it is not because of my being an admin on the forums, or being a Manager of a PW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daralene159
Has absolutely nothing at all to do with the forums.
Where did I get that idea?!
Old 06-22-2006, 03:38 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber7388
Where did I get that idea?!
Wow, did you read that whole sentence?

Quote:
This has been going on since the beginning of my playing Graal, so it is not because of my being an admin on the forums, or being a Manager of a PW.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 06-22-2006, 03:42 PM
Banned
Quote:
Wow, did you read that whole sentence?
And I can't comment on something you mentioned?
And you don't feel as if it's worse here than in game?
Closed Thread